Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barack Obama Elected 44th President of the United States
Beetle01 Wrote:I'm not really that selfish, you can come over and play some xbox later if you want lol.

I meant marital rights DW. I don't feel they have the same marital rights as a man and woman. That's how I feel about it. I look at homosexualty as a disease. One that sometimes might be brought out by surroundings and circumstances. Yet it is still a disease. Same as alcoholism. We don't let alcoholics drive drunk because they have a disease. Just as we won't treat homosexuals any different than other people who suffer from similar diseases.
Its not a disease. It's not a choice either for most. I will submit that there are people who "choose" to be gay later in life but they are just hedonists.
DevilsWin Wrote:Its not a disease. It's not a choice either for most. I will submit that there are people who "choose" to be gay later in life but they are just hedonists.

If its not a disease and its not a choice then what is it? Its not natural animal nature to be gay. Even if you are to take God out of the equation. It is completely unnatural and there must be an outside force causing it. Just as its not natural to go out and commit murder. It is a disease, there exceptions in cases of lovers rage.

We don't let schizo get away with murder because it is a disease.
Beetle01 Wrote:If its not a disease and its not a choice then what is it? Its not natural animal nature to be gay. Even if you are to take God out of the equation. It is completely unnatural and there must be an outside force causing it. Just as its not natural to go out and commit murder. It is a disease, there exceptions in cases of lovers rage.

It is perfectly natural.
im just happy the best man won
TS14FAN Wrote:im just happy the best man won
Im just happy my taxes will go up now too help a bunch of welfare people.
RavenBoy Wrote:Im just happy my taxes will go up now too help a bunch of welfare people.

Obama's tax plans help the single mother who raises her children while having to work 2 jobs just to keep food on the table also.

The people who cheat the system will be disciplined one day, but everyone is not on welfare.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Obama's tax plans help the single mother who raises her children while having to work 2 jobs just to keep food on the table also.

The people who cheat the system will be disciplined one day, but everyone is not on welfare.

You say it will help the single mom. How? I'm not saying it won't but i'm just curious about specifics. How will it help the mom? Its not going to give her one higher paying job so she can stay home with her kids more. Its probally not going to lower her taxes. She probally already gets most of her taxes back in a refund every year. I would really like to hear how its going to help.
Matman Wrote:You say it will help the single mom. How? I'm not saying it won't but i'm just curious about specifics. How will it help the mom? Its not going to give her one higher paying job so she can stay home with her kids more. Its probally not going to lower her taxes. She probally already gets most of her taxes back in a refund every year. I would really like to hear how its going to help.

If she's part of the working poor, medical insurance... Also, if a person feels the President has sympathy with their plight, whether much "real" help comes or not, one's sense of one's own dignity elevates.
thecavemaster Wrote:If she's part of the working poor, medical insurance... Also, if a person feels the President has sympathy with their plight, whether much "real" help comes or not, one's sense of one's own dignity elevates.

I ask for specifics on Obama's plan to help the working poor and you tell me hes going to make them feel better about themselves because he gets them. What is he going to do for them to help them though.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Obama's tax plans help the single mother who raises her children while having to work 2 jobs just to keep food on the table also.

From what i can tell Obama might have more programs for the kid but doesn't have many answers for the mom. Thats why i'm asking for specifics. How is her helping the mom?
Kentucky97 Wrote:Too bad for our great country. I might move to another country.
need a hand packing let us know
Matman Wrote:I ask for specifics on Obama's plan to help the working poor and you tell me hes going to make them feel better about themselves because he gets them. What is he going to do for them to help them though.

The working poor often don't have medical insurance (the adults). Single moms are often part of the working poor. Obama's plan, a one payer type system, would help that Mom. When specifics are given, you cannot disregard them because it suits your purposes.
thecavemaster Wrote:The working poor often don't have medical insurance (the adults). Single moms are often part of the working poor. Obama's plan, a one payer type system, would help that Mom. When specifics are given, you cannot disregard them because it suits your purposes.

Specifics have not been given. The working poor (especially the example you have given) often already qualify for government assistance. So you have not said anything yet. I was hoping for multiple avenues for which the government would be helpful in these situations but you have not been able to give me any so far. So please tell me how is Obama going to help. I'm not downing Obama so get off your defense and have an actual conversation about his social programs.
Matman Wrote:Specifics have not been given. The working poor (especially the example you have given) often already qualify for government assistance. So you have not said anything yet. I was hoping for multiple avenues for which the government would be helpful in these situations but you have not been able to give me any so far. So please tell me how is Obama going to help. I'm not downing Obama so get off your defense and have an actual conversation about his social programs.

In debate, when someone challenges your assertions, they are not being defensive. The working poor are often the very people who make a little too much for said programs, but not enough to provide own insurance. Obama plans to provide "avenues" of opportunity to go to college, "avenues" of increased monies for displaced, low-income workers to gain other occupational skills. I've given you specifics; if you reject them as out of hand, I don't know how to help you.
thecavemaster Wrote:In debate, when someone challenges your assertions, they are not being defensive. The working poor are often the very people who make a little too much for said programs, but not enough to provide own insurance. Obama plans to provide "avenues" of opportunity to go to college, "avenues" of increased monies for displaced, low-income workers to gain other occupational skills. I've given you specifics; if you reject them as out of hand, I don't know how to help you.

Thank you. That is the first time you have given specifics. I agree with giving more opportunities for people to educate themselves. There are alot of resources out there now for people. The main problem with that is they don't know about them or they have not prepared themselves enough to receive them. They need more guidance from a young age. Now that i'm all about. So what is he looking to do. Increase grant money. Lower interest rates on student loans. Or 0% interest rates would be suitable. Or is he going to reduce the cost of college. More affordable books. Work programs. More fafsa money?
Matman Wrote:Thank you. That is the first time you have given specifics. I agree with giving more opportunities for people to educate themselves. There are alot of resources out there now for people. The main problem with that is they don't know about them or they have not prepared themselves enough to receive them. They need more guidance from a young age. Now that i'm all about. So what is he looking to do. Increase grant money. Lower interest rates on student loans. Or 0% interest rates would be suitable. Or is he going to reduce the cost of college. More affordable books. Work programs. More fafsa money?

I'm not sure "price freezing" colleges and universities can work. However, if the economy crawls out of the doldrums, prices of goods and services will, hopefully, come down. I have heard him talk about interest rates on student loans, increasing monies of this sort as grants and things from the private sector. I have not heard him say or read anthing about course books or FAFSA monies. I gave specifics before. Thank you for recognizing them this time.
HECK YEAH! YES WE CAN!!! : )
look on the bright side obama got elected.... gas went down...
Beetle01 Wrote:If its not a disease and its not a choice then what is it? Its not natural animal nature to be gay. Even if you are to take God out of the equation. It is completely unnatural and there must be an outside force causing it. Just as its not natural to go out and commit murder. It is a disease, there exceptions in cases of lovers rage.

I think that you need to do your research before you make those statements. This is from the Associated Press:

The reality is, homosexuality in animals is far from abnormal. In fact, modern biologists have observed that at least 1,500 animals exhibit some form of gay behavior, with 500 species well documented.

Other species known to exhibit homosexual tendencies include:

1. The American Bison: This stocky, well-built animal has long been known by native Red Indians to engage in mounting, and full anal penetration. Mounting of one female bison on another female is also common.

2. At least 6-10% of male sheep engage in homosexual activities (makes one wonder where all the meat we get in supermarkets really do come from).

3. Pairs of male flamingoes have also been witnessed raising eggs of female counterparts.

So there is some proof that homosexual activities occur in nature even though it does not serve any reproductive purpose.
I am a life long democrat, but for several reasons like Rev Wright, Bill Ayers, Lack of experience, virtually no record to examine, and the way the democratic primary was handled with respect to Florida & Michigan. I just could not bring myself to trust Barrack Obama. However, I felt my ancestors would come out of the ground and get me if I voted Republican. As a result this election forced me to examine the issues like never before. What I found in this process was the more I considered the issues important to me the more I found myself agreeing with Republicans. Then I came to realize I was a democrat just because I’d been told all my life to be a democrat. I ended up voting for McCain. However, if Obama turns out to be a successful president during his first term then I would have no problem voting for him in four years.

It may seem unnatural to you just as you seem unnatural to them....ever think about it that way???
"What is normal?" ...Dr. Gregory House
PvilleCheerAlum Wrote:I think that you need to do your research before you make those statements. This is from the Associated Press:

The reality is, homosexuality in animals is far from abnormal. In fact, modern biologists have observed that at least 1,500 animals exhibit some form of gay behavior, with 500 species well documented.

Other species known to exhibit homosexual tendencies include:

1. The American Bison: This stocky, well-built animal has long been known by native Red Indians to engage in mounting, and full anal penetration. Mounting of one female bison on another female is also common.

2. At least 6-10% of male sheep engage in homosexual activities (makes one wonder where all the meat we get in supermarkets really do come from).

3. Pairs of male flamingoes have also been witnessed raising eggs of female counterparts.

So there is some proof that homosexual activities occur in nature even though it does not serve any reproductive purpose.

This is taken out of context, as most animals take part in this as a way of showing dominance. It is not about "love making" its a way to show dominance of others by forcing them to submit to you.
it doesnt who the president is now bush has already dug is so far in debt and drug us through a war that never even needed to happen the U.S.A is just here now and nothing more
Beetle01 Wrote:This is taken out of context, as most animals take part in this as a way of showing dominance. It is not about "love making" its a way to show dominance of others by forcing them to submit to you.

Most animals are not about "love making." It is a biological instinct toward species survival, a sort of "spread the seed" drive. However, in some higher order animals, research suggests a level of "interest" that goes beyond instinctual. Your "dominance" argument has some validity, but does not explain a whole host of phenomenon in the natural world.
Well well well...this is an interesting thread now.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:"So this is how liberty dies.....with thunderous applause"

Nice. SW Episode 3.
So what change has Obama brought? It don't really seem like anything has changed.
Aslan Wrote:Nice. SW Episode 3.
So what change has Obama brought? It don't really seem like anything has changed.

That's exactly what the heck I was thinking...
Aslan Wrote:Nice. SW Episode 3.
Here is the biggest change. Not really a change - just much, much more irresponsible federal spending of money that we do not have.

[Image: http://blog.heritage.org/wp-content/uplo...udget1.jpg]