Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barack Obama Elected 44th President of the United States
As projected now by CNN, no way can McCain win now, Obama simply has won too many electoral votes.
CNN just projected that Obama has won the White House. As of right now Obama's electoral count is at 297 and still counting...he only needed 270 to win.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ahhhhhh, it feels good to be on the winning side after 8 years of crap.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Too bad for our great country. I might move to another country.
Kentucky97 Wrote:Too bad for our great country. I might move to another country.

Good riddance, this country is for ALL people, not just Republicans. We have had to put up with this Republican bull**** for long enough. I have watched this country falter for 8 years and finally break down economically. The Republicans have gotten everything they deserved this time around.

Democrat President
Democrat-controlled House
Democrat-controlled Senate
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of interposition and nullification; one day right there in Alabama, little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.

This is our hope. This is the faith that I go back to the South with. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with a new meaning, "My country, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring."

And if America is to be a great nation this must become true. So let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York. Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania!

Let freedom ring from the snowcapped Rockies of Colorado!

Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of California!

But not only that; let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia!

Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee!

Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill of Mississippi. From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

And when this happens, when we allow freedom to ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old ***** spiritual, "Free at last! free at last! thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

Martin Luther King, Jr. - August 28th, 1963
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:Good riddance.

Ditto.
Heck yes.

That's all I've got.

Just heck yes!

ComfortEagle Wrote:I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of interposition and nullification; one day right there in Alabama, little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.

This is our hope. This is the faith that I go back to the South with. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with a new meaning, "My country, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring."

And if America is to be a great nation this must become true. So let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York. Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania!

Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill of Mississippi. From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

And when this happens, when we allow freedom to ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old ***** spiritual, "Free at last! free at last! thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

Thanks for posting this quote from Martin Luther King Jr.
WE JUST WENT FROM "YES WE CAN" TO "YES WE DID" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heck yea!
McCain will be conceding in about 2 minutes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream today.

DEMOCRACY AT LAST, DEMOCRACY AT LAST THANK GOD ALMIGHTY DEMOCRACY AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marting Luther King Jr. would be proud of the american people today.
McCain is on CNN conceding now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Obama has widened the lead even more:

Obama - 306

McCain - 145
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well looks like I will be moving to Mexico. Sad
Money Maker Wrote:Well looks like I will be moving to Mexico. Sad

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Money Maker Wrote:Well looks like I will be moving to Mexico. Sad

dont drink the water
McCain pleads for everyone to come together and bridge our differences.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:McCain pleads for everyone to come together and bridge our differences.

This is the best speech that McCain has gave and not because he has lost but now he is speaking the way I want a leader to speak and not refer to people as "that one"
Kentucky97 Wrote:Too bad for our great country. I might move to another country.
I'll buy your ticket Looser!:p
Obama just won Florida as well.

Obama - 333

McCain - 155
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a dream today.

I have a dream today.

I Luv You CE! Everything we fought for was worth it!
It was a creed written into the founding documents that declared the destiny of a nation.

Yes we can.

It was whispered by slaves and abolitionists as they blazed a trail toward freedom.

Yes we can.

It was sung by immigrants as they struck out from distant shores and pioneers who pushed westward against an unforgiving wilderness.

Yes we can.

It was the call of workers who organized; women who reached for the ballots; a President who chose the moon as our new frontier; and a King who took us to the mountaintop and pointed the way to the Promised Land.

Yes we can to justice and equality.
Yes we can to opportunity and prosperity.
Yes we can heal this nation.
Yes we can repair this world.
Yes we can.

We know the battle ahead will be long, but always remember that no matter what obstacles stand in our way, nothing can stand in the way of the power of millions of voices calling for change. (We want change.)

We have been told we cannot do this by a chorus of cynics…they will only grow louder and more dissonant ……….. We’ve been asked to pause for a reality check. We’ve been warned against offering the people of this nation false hope.
But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope.

Now the hopes of the little girl who goes to a crumbling school in Dillon are the same as the dreams of the boy who learns on the streets of LA; we will remember that there is something happening in America; that we are not as divided as our politics suggests; that we are one people; we are one nation; and together, we will begin the next great chapter in the American story with three words that will ring from coast to coast; from sea to shining sea:

Yes We Can.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
When will Obama give his speech?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:When will Obama give his speech?

Not sure on the exact time, but I'm guessing within the next few minutes. He was waiting for McCain to give his speech first.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:Good riddance, this country is for ALL people, not just Republicans. We have had to put up with this Republican bull**** for long enough. I have watched this country falter for 8 years and finally break down economically. The Republicans have gotten everything they deserved this time around.

Democrat President
Democrat-controlled House
Democrat-controlled Senate

For the past 4 years, the House and Senate has been mainly Democrats. They sure have done a good job Rolleyes
Kysportsfan Wrote:For the past 4 years, the House and Senate has been mainly Democrats. They sure have done a good job Rolleyes

I am making the point that the majority of this country is tired of the Republican party. Heck, even the Republican party is tired of the Republican party...that's why Libertarians have been growing in numbers.

I'm not saying the Democrats have been perfect or even good, but the majority of this nation is fed up with the Republican party of the last 8 years.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:Your outlook on life is saddening. You view the glass as half empty and refuse to give our next President even a glimmering chance. I at least gave Bush 4 years before voting against him in '04.

Tonight is a night that will go down in history, a night that is bigger than we know.

Don't let my life sadden you, because your life looks like you need some redirecting itself. I may be wrong and pray to god I am, but I just see him being a snake in the grass.
I still can't get the excitement out of me.

YES WE CAN!