Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 73 East Ridge 41 (59th District Championship)
Congratulations Valley!!!!! You all played an awesome game!!! Please keep your heads up East Ridge, you just had an off night and we just had an on night. It can go either way. Even the pros have good nights and bad ones!!! You guys have a lot of talent, keep working hard!!! Good job to my favorite Warrior, Corey Fields, you played your heart out!!! Good luck ER and SV at Expo. I will continue to pray that God will keep all of the athletes safe from injury, that the games will be called fair, that everyone will show good sportsmanship, and that everyone will be kept safe while traveling. Let us honor Him above all things!!!! Best of Luck to All Teams!!!!!
Congrats Shelby Valley! This team is peaking at the right time and it will be very hard for any team to beat them. This team is so unselfish and with that comes a lot of success. Congrats to Jacob and Jonah on their last game at SV!
congrats on the district win now go show who is best in region!!!
warriorpride Wrote:East Ridge couldnt stop turning the ball over I believe they had about 18. They missed plently of scoreing opportunitys to score but simply couldnt. All the fouls ER had didnt help them either. I believe Mike Rowe had 3 fouls at the end of the 1st quarter. Some of the younger players stepped up at the end. Robert Coleman, Michael Miller hitting some 3's. I believe Trey Lawson had 2 points. With all the talent ER has comeing back next year I believe this game could be the other way around next year. I would like to wish the East Ridge Warriors and the Shelby Valley Wildcats good luck in the 15th Region next week!

Man, I know you go to East Ridge and you are supposed to support your team, but look at things objectively. Even if East Ridge is improved next year, Shelby Valley will be just as good as this year' team. They return three current starters and should regain former starter Taylor Newsome from injury. So I don't see any way East Ridge turns it around and beats Valley by 32 points. Now, I do realize the district tournament will at Lick Creek next year, where the Warriors play Valley much tougher. So if the two teams happen to meet up in the district tourney, ER could spring an upset, but no way would it be a blowout like yesterday.

Anyway, I went to the game last night and came away thoroughly impressed with Shelby Valley. While their offense is nothing special, their pressure defense was beautiful to watch. They gave ER fits just trying to bring the ball upcourt, and the early turnovers are what allowed Valley to stretch the lead out. Even their halfcourt defense was strong, with their quick hands and good help defense. I had predicted a Valley win, but I never imagined the lead would balloon up to 42 points at its highest.

All in all, one of the best performances of the year from SV. Good luck to both teams next week at the Expo.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Man, I know you go to East Ridge and you are supposed to support your team, but look at things objectively. Even if East Ridge is improved next year, Shelby Valley will be just as good as this year' team. They return three current starters and should regain former starter Taylor Newsome from injury. So I don't see any way East Ridge turns it around and beats Valley by 32 points. Now, I do realize the district tournament will at Lick Creek next year, where the Warriors play Valley much tougher. So if the two teams happen to meet up in the district tourney, ER could spring an upset, but no way would it be a blowout like yesterday.

Anyway, I went to the game last night and came away thoroughly impressed with Shelby Valley. While their offense is nothing special, their pressure defense was beautiful to watch. They gave ER fits just trying to bring the ball upcourt, and the early turnovers are what allowed Valley to stretch the lead out. Even their halfcourt defense was strong, with their quick hands and good help defense. I had predicted a Valley win, but I never imagined the lead would balloon up to 42 points at its highest.

All in all, one of the best performances of the year from SV. Good luck to both teams next week at the Expo.

Nice post. I agree that Valley will be in this same spot next year. Region SHOULD be a runaway next year, with Paintsville lossing so many starters.
Congrats Valley on the win and District Title!!! Good luck next week at region! Looking forward to another Regional Title! Just remember to play one game at a time!!!
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Nice post. I agree that Valley will be in this same spot next year. Region SHOULD be a runaway next year, with Paintsville lossing so many starters.

I agree that Valley should be the definite favorite next year to win the Region! Of course they will still have to win the games and things can always happen, but there should be no team in our region that should be able to beat them next year.

But that is next year. We still have a regional tourney and more basketball to play and ER is still alive at least for now!
#1catfan Wrote:Congrats Valley on the win and District Title!!! Good luck next week at region! Looking forward to another Regional Title! Just remember to play one game at a time!!!

Great advice for all of the teams!!
Congrats Valley !!

Best of luck to all the teams going to the expo !!
:letsparty
Congrats SV! good luck in the regional next week.
Congrats Valley
Congrats Valley!!