Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 73 East Ridge 41 (59th District Championship)
Final
Final
About what I expected.

Congrats SV.
Congrats Valley......................I wish u the best in Rupp
Lets not get ahead of ourselves here!
I really don't see anyone stopping Valley.
Well as an alumni of Valley, and a big fan, me either. But you never know when someone can have an awesome night, or Valley have a terrible one. Dont need to count our chickens before they hatch! Wink
Nascar99 Wrote:I really don't see anyone stopping Valley.
Well why don't we just give 'em the trophy and tell the other boys to head to the house. They play the games for a reason, you know, just ask Pikeville.
I am guessing you all are forgetting you have to make it past Paintsville to go to Rupp.

COngrats to Valley they are a great team.
Congrats SV
Congrats to valley on a good win....but lets not start saying go job at rupp becasue a very good team with a very good coach is standing in the way of that.....
No surprise here with the score. Shelby Valley is the far better team.

This is also a warning to keep the subject on topic or it will be closed pretty quick.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think it's different, I think Paintsville has to get past the first round of region before they even think of beating Valley. This is a major bump in their road to Rupp.

Way to go Valley. I can't believe about 20 users voted for ER to win this. Valley is in an entire different league than what ER is in.
Congrats Valley!
ER just couldn't keep up with them!
Good Luck in Region to both teams!
Congrats to my WILDCATS. Valleys seniors went 41 and 0 at home in their high school career. Thats AWESOME!!!!!
Watch out SV is clicking at the right time... This team is rolling, they are playing better than they have all year...

I saw BMR in attendance tonight as well...
This blew my prediction out of the water...why don't some of you stop arguing back and fourth like little girls and just say what you have about the game. This isn't "***** like a little baby forum"...it's Bluegrassrivals.
Larry Legend Wrote:Watch out SV is clicking at the right time... This team is rolling, they are playing better than they have all year...

I saw BMR in attendance tonight as well...

I've seen BMR, Landon, Bundy, and some others at games on numerous occasions, you'd think they were worried and aren't as confident as the Paintsville posters on here are.
Valley was up by as much as 40 and could have won by 50 if they had tried...
East Ridge couldnt stop turning the ball over I believe they had about 18. They missed plently of scoreing opportunitys to score but simply couldnt. All the fouls ER had didnt help them either. I believe Mike Rowe had 3 fouls at the end of the 1st quarter. Some of the younger players stepped up at the end. Robert Coleman, Michael Miller hitting some 3's. I believe Trey Lawson had 2 points. With all the talent ER has comeing back next year I believe this game could be the other way around next year. I would like to wish the East Ridge Warriors and the Shelby Valley Wildcats good luck in the 15th Region next week!
warriorpride Wrote:East Ridge couldnt stop turning the ball over I believe they had about 18. They missed plently of scoreing opportunitys to score but simply couldnt. All the fouls ER had didnt help them either. I believe Mike Rowe had 3 fouls at the end of the 1st quarter. Some of the younger players stepped up at the end. Robert Coleman, Michael Miller hitting some 3's. I believe Trey Lawson had 2 points. With all the talent ER has comeing back next year I believe this game could be the other way around next year. I would like to wish the East Ridge Warriors and the Shelby Valley Wildcats in the 15th Region next week!

Man what are you talking about? They have Cody Williams and Korey Fields coming back next year and beside a bunch of others that are not that talented...Joel Meade also. That is IT! They'll probably handle Pikeville next year but SV will dominate them in every way.
vundy33 Wrote:Man what are you talking about? They have Cody Williams and Korey Fields coming back next year and beside a bunch of others that are not that talented...Joel Meade also. That is IT! They'll probably handle Pikeville next year but SV will dominate them in every way.

That's right, everyone thinks SV is just losing Jake and Jonah, no, they will gain Taylor Newsome next year, who will be ready to avenge his torn ACL. Valley will handle the entire region next year quite easily.
PC_You_Know Wrote:That's right, everyone thinks SV is just losing Jake and Jonah, no, they will gain Taylor Newsome next year, who will be ready to avenge his torn ACL. Valley will handle the entire region next year quite easily.

Jake and Jonah will be huge losses, but give Logan, Elisha, and Ashley another year to improve...Not to mention young talent such as Cody Varney, Tyler Newsome and getting Taylor back. Next years team could be better than this season...
vundy33 Wrote:Man what are you talking about? They have Cody Williams and Korey Fields coming back next year and beside a bunch of others that are not that talented...Joel Meade also. That is IT! They'll probably handle Pikeville next year but SV will dominate them in every way.
The only thing that will annoy me about anyhting on these sites is how sure of everything people are on here. It kills me when people are so arrogant in their supremacy that they will garuntee anything. Give an opinion or intelligently discuss what may happen. Like I said earlier, they play the games for a reason.
Wow what a performance by Shelby Valley tonight, they could have won by 50 or 60 if they wanted to. They are playing their best ball at the right time. And like I predicted SV's defense and speed was too much for ER to handle.

Congratz Valley!
Congrats Valley!
EASports12 Wrote:The only thing that will annoy me about anyhting on these sites is how sure of everything people are on here. It kills me when people are so arrogant in their supremacy that they will garuntee anything. Give an opinion or intelligently discuss what may happen. Like I said earlier, they play the games for a reason.
Vundy is an ER fan...
Unofficial stats:

Jonah Justice had 14 points, 5 rebounds, and 3 steals.
Elisha Justice had 13 points, 5 assists, and 2 rebounds.
Ashley Hatfield had 13 points and 6 rebounds.
Jacob Bryant had 12 points, 7 rebounds, 6 steals, and 3 assists.
Tyler Newsome had 11 points, 5 rebounds, and 2 steals.
Logan Bryant had 7 points, 4 steals, and 3 assists.
Cody Varney had 2 points and 5 rebounds.
Curby Tackett had 1 point and 3 rebounds.

Valley shot 26-57 (45%) from the field.
They shot 4-15 (26%) from the 3 point line.
They shot 17-21 (80%) from the free throw line.
They had 38 rebounds, 14 assists, 15 steals, and 10 turnovers.

East Ridge shot 16-39 (41%) from the field.
They shot 3-10 (30%) from the 3 point line.
They shot 6-10 (60%) from the free throw line.
They had 18 rebounds, 9 assists, 5 steals, and 18 turnovers.

This game was a great example of how Valley plays as a team. Good luck in region boys!
Larry Legend Wrote:Vundy is an ER fan...
My point still stands, there is no point in guarunteeing something before it happens, and I think its kind of annoying.
When Shelby Valley's scoring is as balanced as that they are really hard to beat.