Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin discussion
(05-15-2024, 07:52 PM)BEChargers Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 11:52 AM)Son of the Alamo Wrote: RPI, I think the key difference has been the last two seasons is that the only team that they have beat to get a ring is a team that is built more like a 6A team than a 4A team that is pulling in top talent of Central Kentucky and deep pockets backing it along with a good local core of kids with a good coach too. Corbin is giving these guys a game until the final minutes with mainly a bunch of tri-county kids from SE KY. last year was a exception with the transfer of the Smith twins that helped beef up the defense only. my personal opinion is they would be wearing rings if it wasn't for the RPI issues last year that made them play at Boyle. if that was played at Campbell or at Kroger Field I feel strongly the outcome would be different. I think Boyle had a huge advantage playing that game on their home field, hence the old saying "home field advantage".  I think you keep fighting until Haddix makes his departure after probably this season and then its more wide open in 4A and teams wouldn't have to rely as much on transfers to compete with Boyle. if there is anything that needs fixed it would to be in the short term to maybe play the RPI game better to try and set up home playoff series. my two cents....

What deep pockets are you referring to?  and what are the deep pockets supposed to do for you?

Well deep pockets apparently don’t buy everything because I was told Haddix was made an “offer he could not refuse” and surprise to no one outside of a small few, he refused.
Also I’m told Corbin is up to 4 coaches so far to turn down the job if you include Haddix and James (which I can’t confirm).

Championship coaches expect full control of their program, nothing less. I would assume that plays into 4 coaches declining the offer and is in my opinion a big thing holding Corbin back from a championship. They need an interim from someone on staff or a solid space filler and take a year to find an absolutely great coach. After that guy is found, fully hand him the reigns to do as he wishes with his staff, team and the football program without interference. Then there may be a chance for championships.
[-] The following 3 users Like fansville's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hatz, HighViz
(05-15-2024, 08:42 PM)fansville Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 11:52 AM)Son of the Alamo Wrote: RPI, I think the key difference has been the last two seasons is that the only team that they have beat to get a ring is a team that is built more like a 6A team than a 4A team that is pulling in top talent of Central Kentucky and deep pockets backing it along with a good local core of kids with a good coach too. Corbin is giving these guys a game until the final minutes with mainly a bunch of tri-county kids from SE KY. last year was a exception with the transfer of the Smith twins that helped beef up the defense only. my personal opinion is they would be wearing rings if it wasn't for the RPI issues last year that made them play at Boyle. if that was played at Campbell or at Kroger Field I feel strongly the outcome would be different. I think Boyle had a huge advantage playing that game on their home field, hence the old saying "home field advantage".  I think you keep fighting until Haddix makes his departure after probably this season and then its more wide open in 4A and teams wouldn't have to rely as much on transfers to compete with Boyle. if there is anything that needs fixed it would to be in the short term to maybe play the RPI game better to try and set up home playoff series. my two cents....

What deep pockets are you referring to?  and what are the deep pockets supposed to do for you?

Well deep pockets apparently don’t buy everything because I was told Haddix was made an “offer he could not refuse” and surprise to no one outside of a small few, he refused.
Also I’m told Corbin is up to 4 coaches so far to turn down the job if you include Haddix and James (which I can’t confirm).

Championship coaches expect full control of their program, nothing less. I would assume that plays into 4 coaches declining the offer and is in my opinion a big thing holding Corbin back from a championship. They need an interim from someone on staff or a solid space filler and take a year to find an absolutely great coach. After that guy is found, fully hand him the reigns to do as he wishes with his staff, team and the football program without interference. Then there may be a chance for championships.

I doubt Corbin's looking  for a permanent coach right now, just a placeholder for this season. Anyone who says Eddie James was offered the job should have their reporting credentials revoked. How many coaches are gonna come to Corbin for one year, only to be demoted or released? So, it wouldn't be hard to fathom that a few dudes have already turned down that proposition.
(05-15-2024, 02:53 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Fair enough, and I’ll agree that if he leaves Boyle it will be to take a college job but I don’t think it’ll happen anytime soon, and when Quisenberry leaves the cupboard is definitely not going to be empty, Boyle reloads every year and as great as Tavy is his departure isn’t going to take Boyle out of State Title contention way too much young talent coming up.
I agree Jack.  Haddix won his first 2 titles without Quisenberry.  Some big time young talent on the Boyle team.  Hager, and Driver are Sophomores this upcoming season with Power 5 offers.  I think before it's all said and done Kelly will be also.

Alabama was in town today and Quisenberry was not the only player they are interested in.
[-] The following 4 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • BEChargers, Bull got out!, Hatz, Jack Lambert
(05-15-2024, 11:14 AM)FCSPY Wrote: Does anyone else get wore out with the Corbin Buzz.. seems like everyone involved is just drinking out of a different glass of spiked KOOL-AID.....Seems like folks forget the number one ingredient to winning.. WORK!! A proud program, looking for the quick fix.  

Just my two cents.. lets discuss whats missing in Corbin in this thread, not coaching, not players, but what has been the missing keys since the last ring!

Again, the program I love has never got there! So we have a lot to learn ourself..... but we dont have as much nonsense as what you read here!
I could explain it simply in a few sentences and you still wouldn’t understand, I’ve lived in Corbin my whole life and I’m not sure I do….
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
(05-15-2024, 06:03 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 05:49 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 01:50 PM)Son of the Alamo Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 01:34 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 11:54 AM)shottaker23 Wrote: First and foremost I am not a fan of anything Corbin. But in their defense they def WORK. As far as the last ring goes Corbin has significantly smaller pool of talent to pull from than say Boyle County(no slight just using as a example). You have 7000 population in Corbin, the school graduates roughly 180 kids per class. They've done pretty dang good using those metrics. That being said they have had some idiots with way too much power involved and you don't have a great minority population(i.e. athletic) in the school for obvious reasons. So In my opinion they have done really good with their situation--and with the remodel last year they have a super nice football facility.

Corbin literally pulls from the entire tri county are of Whitley Laurel and Knox. 
population over a 100K
70% of that 100k are 60+ year old retired Californian's moving here in drove's without kids and bringing up the home prices,  Big Grin

better than the crazies who start conspiracy theory threads about Greer 4 times a daBig Grin

Are you calling me crazy?

Never. You’re probably The most normal person in Corbin to be honest
[-] The following 1 user Likes RunItUpTheGut's post:
  • Old School Hound
(05-15-2024, 11:45 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 06:03 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 05:49 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 01:50 PM)Son of the Alamo Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 01:34 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: Corbin literally pulls from the entire tri county are of Whitley Laurel and Knox. 
population over a 100K
70% of that 100k are 60+ year old retired Californian's moving here in drove's without kids and bringing up the home prices,  Big Grin

better than the crazies who start conspiracy theory threads about Greer 4 times a daBig Grin

Are you calling me crazy?

Never. You’re probably The most normal person in Corbin to be honest

I don't know if that's much of a compliment. though. LOL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • RunItUpTheGut

1. Deep pockets is a wild statement after buying two ESPN top 300 players. 

2. "Tri-County kids from SE KY". 
2021: Seth Mills not from Corbin. Seth Huff not from Corbin. Brody Wells not from Corbin. Brandon Baker not from Corbin. Joe Brown not from Corbin. 
2022: Brody Wells not from Corbin. Marc Warren went to multiple HS's. Israel Summers not from Corbin. Peyton Jordan not from Corbin. Nashawn Brooks not from Corbin. 
2023: Guy Bailey not from Corbin. Jacob Smith not from Corbin. Jerod Smith not from Corbin. 

Those are just the skill kids and the kids that came during high school, not to mention the kids who came in middle school and the lineman. You have to quit the narrative of Corbin just gets it done with the good ole boys from Corbin!
[-] The following 3 users Like Waitaminute's post:
  • HighViz, Rebel55, RunItUpTheGut
Not every player is listed comes from the city limits. There is no denying that. They generally all come from surrounding areas though. You could pretty much say that about any school. Most of the successful programs are going to have kids transfer in to play ball. Right, wrong, or indifferent, that is just part of the game. Parents want their kids to go where they get the most exposure or have the best opportunity to compete for a championship. It doesn't always work out how they want but again, it's how it is.

Boyle for instance has kids from Danville, Garrard, Anderson County, probably Lincoln and Mercer if I were guessing. Kids want to play there.
[-] The following 2 users Like Corbin's post:
  • HighViz, Son of the Alamo
(05-16-2024, 08:52 AM)Waitaminute Wrote:

1. Deep pockets is a wild statement after buying two ESPN top 300 players. 

2. "Tri-County kids from SE KY". 
2021: Seth Mills not from Corbin. Seth Huff not from Corbin. Brody Wells not from Corbin. Brandon Baker not from Corbin. Joe Brown not from Corbin. 
2022: Brody Wells not from Corbin. Marc Warren went to multiple HS's. Israel Summers not from Corbin. Peyton Jordan not from Corbin. Nashawn Brooks not from Corbin. 
2023: Guy Bailey not from Corbin. Jacob Smith not from Corbin. Jerod Smith not from Corbin. 

Those are just the skill kids and the kids that came during high school, not to mention the kids who came in middle school and the lineman. You have to quit the narrative of Corbin just gets it done with the good ole boys from Corbin!

that’s just the ones that were obvious. 
you could rattle off 10-15 more minimum in each of those years that didn’t live in the school district.
No one ever brings up kids from the Corbin school district who are at other schools and while they may not be as many there are enough….Why force a kid to attend a school he don’t want to be at just for the sake of a football program that he’s not gonna be able to change the trajectory of anyway….If administrators and coaches focused on things they could control maybe the winning and sustaining success would follow and the kids wouldn’t leave…
  • Bull got out!
(05-16-2024, 11:01 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: No one ever brings up kids from the Corbin school district who are at other schools and while they may not be as many there are enough….Why force a kid to attend a school he don’t want to be at just for the sake of a football program that he’s not gonna be able to change the trajectory of anyway….If administrators and coaches focused on things they could control maybe the winning and sustaining success would follow and the kids wouldn’t leave…

Thats exactly how I feel. Couldn't of said it better.

What deep pockets are you ref
[quote pid="2454125" dateline="1715813543"]
Waitaminuteerring to?  and what are the deep pockets supposed to do for you?
[/quote]
let me counter with this with questions of my own. How long have you had turf? has it been replaced recently because of age or to just to update? and when did Corbin and other 4A teams they compete with get turf? and was the original turf paid for with grants like the schools that recently got it? honest question. 

[quote pid="2454174" dateline="1715860338"]

1. Deep pockets is a wild statement after buying two ESPN top 300 players. buying? now that is also a wild statement.  

2. "Tri-County kids from SE KY". yup that's what I said. Tri-county (Whitley, Knox and Laurel Counties) I honestly feel sorry for first responders in the area for how much of a Hodge Podge these counties are in the Corbin area.
2021: Seth Mills not from Corbin. Seth Huff not from Corbin. Brody Wells not from Corbin. Brandon Baker not from Corbin. Joe Brown not from Corbin. Tri- County?
2022: Brody Wells not from Corbin. Marc Warren went to multiple HS's (sounds like more of a personal journey to find a home). Israel Summers not from Corbin. Peyton Jordan not from Corbin. Nashawn Brooks not from Corbin. tri-county also? 
2023: Guy Bailey not from Corbin. Jacob Smith not from Corbin. Jerod Smith not from Corbin. Congratulations! these guys moved from Somerset area, not tri-county. but see below.  

Those are just the skill kids and the kids that came during high school, not to mention the kids who came in middle school and the lineman. You have to quit the narrative of Corbin just gets it done with the good ole boys from Corbin! where did I say that? I said "tri-county" kids and also even made the side point that the Smith twins were a exception.  (Red above)

[/quote]
Corbin has an indoor facility. Top notch. And could have had turf long ago. Exactly when all the others got it. But the reason we didn’t have turf until last year is the same reason for the chrome helmets, different uniforms, the boom box. The old hounds wanted it to be like the old days. They would have rather had Haddix on a lawnmower mowing and turning on sprinkler systems. My residence is close by, I don’t have to ask. I seen it with my own 2 eyes. Did Tommy do that? You aren’t fooling me nor anyone who really knows the real story behind the scenes. Things have NOT changed. The old heads are still in charge. We aren’t poor ol Corbin. We have gotten exactly what we have put in. This will not change until the change of the guard. When that happens. We have a chance again. Until then, same ol same ol bull $hit. I’m not gonna talk about the portal, everyone does it to an extent that can. But let’s not talk like we don’t take advantage.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HighViz's post:
  • pjdoug
Others know far more than I but here's what I remember about the turf.

It was placed at Boyle for the 2010 season. (or maybe 2011. someone can correct me)

It was privately funded if memory recalls and most of it given by two donors I believe.

This past season new turf was laid down because the old turf was, well, old. I don't know who paid for the current, new turf.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hatz's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(05-16-2024, 02:15 PM)Hatz Wrote: Others know far more than I but here's what I remember about the turf. 

It was placed at Boyle for the 2010 season.  (or maybe 2011.  someone can correct me)

It was privately funded if memory recalls and most of it given by two donors I believe. 

This past season new turf was laid down because the old turf was, well, old.  I don't know who paid for the current, new turf.

As Someone Close to Boyle I echo this sentiment, The terf was In Terrible Shape and had to be redone after ladt year I am also Hearing From Boyle Sources Tha There is A Plan Of An Indoor Practice Facilities, The School System Did Recently Make A Purchase Of The Old Fairgrounds
[-] The following 1 user Likes Wildcat09's post:
  • Hatz
Nobody is saying other schools don't have kids outside of their district playing. A few Corbin fans are the ones saying they're playing with them good ole home grown Corbin boys, and that isn't true.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • RunItUpTheGut
(05-16-2024, 02:45 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: Nobody is saying other schools don't have kids outside of their district playing. A few Corbin fans are the ones saying they're playing with them good ole home grown Corbin boys, and that isn't true.

We will keep them coming.... Smile
(05-16-2024, 11:01 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: No one ever brings up kids from the Corbin school district who are at other schools and while they may not be as many there are enough….Why force a kid to attend a school he don’t want to be at just for the sake of a football program that he’s not gonna be able to change the trajectory of anyway….If administrators and coaches focused on things they could control maybe the winning and sustaining success would follow and the kids wouldn’t leave…

nobody said to force them. All we’re saying is Corbin isn’t at a disadvantage on getting players. That school is perfectly situated to draw kids in from all over. There’s a lot of places in those counties where Corbin high school is a closer drive than the schools they’re in the district of. and as I said before, it’s 100% on the other schools for letting it happen, that I agree with.
(05-16-2024, 12:20 PM)Son of the Alamo Wrote:

What deep pockets are you ref
[quote pid="2454125" dateline="1715813543"]
Waitaminuteerring to?  and what are the deep pockets supposed to do for you?
let me counter with this with questions of my own. How long have you had turf? has it been replaced recently because of age or to just to update? and when did Corbin and other 4A teams they compete with get turf? and was the original turf paid for with grants like the schools that recently got it? honest question. 

[quote pid="2454174" dateline="1715860338"]

1. Deep pockets is a wild statement after buying two ESPN top 300 players. buying? now that is also a wild statement.  

2. "Tri-County kids from SE KY". yup that's what I said. Tri-county (Whitley, Knox and Laurel Counties) I honestly feel sorry for first responders in the area for how much of a Hodge Podge these counties are in the Corbin area.
2021: Seth Mills not from Corbin. Seth Huff not from Corbin. Brody Wells not from Corbin. Brandon Baker not from Corbin. Joe Brown not from Corbin. Tri- County?
2022: Brody Wells not from Corbin. Marc Warren went to multiple HS's (sounds like more of a personal journey to find a home). Israel Summers not from Corbin. Peyton Jordan not from Corbin. Nashawn Brooks not from Corbin. tri-county also? 
2023: Guy Bailey not from Corbin. Jacob Smith not from Corbin. Jerod Smith not from Corbin. Congratulations! these guys moved from Somerset area, not tri-county. but see below.  

Those are just the skill kids and the kids that came during high school, not to mention the kids who came in middle school and the lineman. You have to quit the narrative of Corbin just gets it done with the good ole boys from Corbin! where did I say that? I said "tri-county" kids and also even made the side point that the Smith twins were a exception.  (Red above)

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, Boyle had turf sooner than some but later than others.  What did that do for them to make them more successful? You think the turf made them better than surrounding teams because they played on turf?  Lex Cath has had turf for as long as I can remember.  At least 30 years.  They have 2 state titles with players from several counties.  

Quisenberry and the transfers from Danville have made them formidable, especially the last two seasons.  But they were winning state titles with homegrown Boyle kids for several years before they started getting players from any surrounding counties.  When Boyle beat Bell County in the semi's in 2010 the QB Club had about 250.00 in the bank and we needed 2400 for two charter busses to Bowling Green and another 1000 to feed the team on the way to BG.  I personally sold seat sponsorships for every seat in both busses to pay for them.  Then we had two different business owners give us 500.00 each to pay for the meal.  We won the game with about 50 bucks in the bank and raised around 36K to buy state rings 4 months later.  I worked Bingo for 7 years to help support the QB club.  I'm not trying be a smart ass, I'm just a lot of people do a lot of fundraising and have for decades to pay for what the team needs.
[-] The following 4 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hatz, Jack Lambert, Rebel55
(05-16-2024, 05:29 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote:

nobody said to force them. All we’re saying is Corbin isn’t at a disadvantage on getting players. That school is perfectly situated to draw kids in from all over. There’s a lot of places in those counties where Corbin high school is a closer drive than the schools they’re in the district of. and as I said before, it’s 100% on the other schools for letting it happen, that I agree with.
Fair enough, but why should they be trying to stop kids from going where they want?  I mean seriously with all the problems kids are facing today why worry about where a kid and or his parents have chosen for him to attend schoo? The kids who are athletes and are attending Corbin get talked about on here but nobody ever mentions the kids playing in the band or just at Corbin for the educational advantages…I’m not at all denying Corbin draws athletes from out of district but there’s a whole lot more that are enrolled out of district just because of the educational opportunities….
"Yes, Boyle had turf sooner than some but later than others.  What did that do for them to make them more successful? You think the turf made them better than surrounding teams because they played on turf?  Lex Cath has had turf for as long as I can remember.  At least 30 years.  They have 2 state titles with players from several counties. 

Quisenberry and the transfers from Danville have made them formidable, especially the last two seasons.  But they were winning state titles with homegrown Boyle kids for several years before they started getting players from any surrounding counties.  When Boyle beat Bell County in the semi's in 2010 the QB Club had about 250.00 in the bank and we needed 2400 for two charter busses to Bowling Green and another 1000 to feed the team on the way to BG.  I personally sold seat sponsorships for every seat in both busses to pay for them.  Then we had two different business owners give us 500.00 each to pay for the meal.  We won the game with about 50 bucks in the bank and raised around 36K to buy state rings 4 months later.  I worked Bingo for 7 years to help support the QB club.  I'm not trying be a smart ass, I'm just a lot of people do a lot of fundraising and have for decades to pay for what the team needs."

BELIEVE me....I know exactly what you are saying!!  Been there; done that.  If I could've kept all the money I've raised over the years for athletics, I could've retired 10 years earlier.
[-] The following 3 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • BEChargers, Hatz, Rebel55
(05-15-2024, 01:48 PM)shottaker23 Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 01:34 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 11:54 AM)shottaker23 Wrote:
(05-15-2024, 11:14 AM)FCSPY Wrote: Does anyone else get wore out with the Corbin Buzz.. seems like everyone involved is just drinking out of a different glass of spiked KOOL-AID.....Seems like folks forget the number one ingredient to winning.. WORK!! A proud program, looking for the quick fix.  

Just my two cents.. lets discuss whats missing in Corbin in this thread, not coaching, not players, but what has been the missing keys since the last ring!

Again, the program I love has never got there! So we have a lot to learn ourself..... but we dont have as much nonsense as what you read here!
First and foremost I am not a fan of anything Corbin. But in their defense they def WORK. As far as the last ring goes Corbin has significantly smaller pool of talent to pull from than say Boyle County(no slight just using as a example). You have 7000 population in Corbin, the school graduates roughly 180 kids per class. They've done pretty dang good using those metrics. That being said they have had some idiots with way too much power involved and you don't have a great minority population(i.e. athletic) in the school for obvious reasons. So In my opinion they have done really good with their situation--and with the remodel last year they have a super nice football facility.

Corbin literally pulls from the entire tri county are of Whitley Laurel and Knox. 
population over a 100K
Actually those 3 counties total population is 128k. However Corbin goes to the bypass in Knox County, to tattersall in whitley, and to the municipal garage in Laurel. The population of Corbin city and annexed area is 7860 per the census in 2020. I know their are ways around the reciprocity policy but Corbin by no means draws from that kind of population lol
We need more discussion about Corbin on this board. Thank you to the OP for this. I have 10 or 15 ideas for Corbin threads down the road to help make up for the deficiency.
  • Bull got out!
(05-16-2024, 08:31 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: We need more discussion about Corbin on this board. Thank you to the OP for this. I have 10 or 15 ideas for Corbin threads down the road to help make up for the deficiency.

Smile I actually liked the other title.... Big Grin
(05-16-2024, 08:36 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(05-16-2024, 08:31 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: We need more discussion about Corbin on this board. Thank you to the OP for this. I have 10 or 15 ideas for Corbin threads down the road to help make up for the deficiency.

Thinking about a Corbin-themed thread in which I relate to the readers some of my favorite stories over the more than 50 years of following Corbin athletics. and what stories I could tell.  Who could help me with a dynamite title for that thread? May I whet your appetite, just a bit:

1. "(No) Paradise by the Dashboard Light" --- the time I caught a schoolmate , and future Corbin coach,  trying to serve my girl some meatloaf in the parking lot of the old A&P grocery store on Master Street. 

2.  "Cotton-Mouthed" --- the time I punched a Corbin legend in the early '90's at a dance club on American Greeting Road for being mouthy and trying to move in my dance partner .

3.   "Someone Saved My Life Tonight, Killer Bear "  --- about the time a Corbin legend and future mass murderer saved me from being stabbed by an angry Middlesboro fan after a one-point Corbin district-clincher in the "Boro."

If you are one of those who picks up a copy of the Enquirer while waiting at the check-out at Kroger then you might like my Corbin stories thread. LOL   What could I title my thread, Bull ?
  • Bull got out!
(05-16-2024, 09:24 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Thinking about a Corbin-themed thread in which I relate to the readers some of my favorite stories over the more than 50 years of following Corbin athletics. and what stories I could tell.  Who could help me with a dynamite title for that thread? May I whet your appetite, just a bit:

1. "(No) Paradise by the Dashboard Light" --- the time I caught a schoolmate , and future Corbin coach,  trying to serve my girl some meatloaf in the parking lot of the old A&P grocery store on Master Street. 

2.  "Cotton-Mouthed" --- the time I punched a Corbin legend in the early '90's at a dance club on American Greeting Road for being mouthy and trying to move in my dance partner .

3.   "Someone Saved My Life Tonight, Killer Bear "  --- about the time a Corbin legend and future mass murderer saved me from being stabbed by an angry Middlesboro fan after a one-point Corbin district-clincher in the "Boro."

If you are one of those who picks up a copy of the Enquirer while waiting at the check-out at Kroger then you might like my Corbin stories thread. LOL   What could I title my thread, Bull ?
Big Grin Big Grin You better stop they’ll be some deacons missing at church on Sunday….
  • Bull got out!
(05-16-2024, 09:24 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

[Image: https://media1.tenor.com/images/330df680...d=11550183]
[Image: https://media1.giphy.com/media/4HmjGg306.../giphy.gif]

I have peed in my pants.....  Big Grin   You are a nut...
(05-16-2024, 07:16 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(05-16-2024, 05:29 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote:

Fair enough, but why should they be trying to stop kids from going where they want?  I mean seriously with all the problems kids are facing today why worry about where a kid and or his parents have chosen for him to attend schoo? The kids who are athletes and are attending Corbin get talked about on here but nobody ever mentions the kids playing in the band or just at Corbin for the educational advantages…I’m not at all denying Corbin draws athletes from out of district but there’s a whole lot more that are enrolled out of district just because of the educational opportunities….

I’m all for school choice. It always should have been that way.
It’s up to the other schools to be more appealing.
[-] The following 2 users Like RunItUpTheGut's post:
  • Bull got out!, TD Hounds