•  Previous
  • 7(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Coach Tom Greer is Retiring…. What’s next for Corbin Football…..
Not a good look for the proud Redhound faithful

Wonder if they’re feeling a little like UK right now… wanted rid of a guy who had been successful because they thought their name would be more attractive to the “flashy” prospects. Only to get their feelings hurt when turned down by the potential coaches they fancy.

Question is… temporarily plug the hole and give yourself a full season to find “the guy”

Or hire best available and hope for the best…
[-] The following 1 user Likes AgentOrange's post:
  • Bull got out!
(05-17-2024, 01:46 PM)AgentOrange Wrote: Not a good look for the proud Redhound faithful

Wonder if they’re feeling a little like UK right now… wanted rid of a guy who had been successful because they thought their name would be more attractive to the “flashy” prospects. Only to get their feelings hurt when turned down by the potential coaches they fancy.

Question is… temporarily plug the hole and give yourself a full season to find “the guy”

You talking about the guy that got the position in a sneaky underhanded fashion…..Then waited till a couple months before season to do something he knew he was gonna do in January for the purpose of putting the program in a bad position trying to hire a coach….Its not as much what your trying to insinuate as it is no coach worth his salt is gonna leave a bunch of kids he’s coached and got close to this close to football season….And when the coaching search goes badly as he’s had planned followed by a bad season, cause he’s ran the team in the ground, then in his mind he looks better in some eyes anyways….
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • BEChargers, Cowboy42
(05-17-2024, 01:46 PM)AgentOrange Wrote: Not a good look for the proud Redhound faithful

UK made a huge upgrade when they hired Pope.
[-] The following 3 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Humpty Dumpty, jax, Rebs83
(05-17-2024, 10:42 AM)plantmanky Wrote: Corbins being told no by everybody they ask......Ive heard 3 names they are contacting and...............Greer may have to come out of retirement.

bull butter
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Cowboy42
Don't really know why he would wait until May, but it really did make finding the best replacement very difficult.
[-] The following 2 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • Cowboy42, TD Hounds
(05-17-2024, 09:58 AM)Spoozer12 Wrote: Let me toss this out there.....Dudley?

I'm tossing it back. Won't happen.

(05-17-2024, 04:38 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Time will tell, I guess. Pope is hundreds of wins , a Natty, and a bunch of FF's behind the ol' Razorback ball coach.  Gotta lot of catching up to do.

(05-17-2024, 04:50 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(05-17-2024, 10:42 AM)plantmanky Wrote: Corbins being told no by everybody they ask......Ive heard 3 names they are contacting and...............Greer may have to come out of retirement.

bull butter

Plant guy needs the weeds, or maybe the worm, removed from his brain. Been sniffing too much weed killer.

(05-17-2024, 05:12 PM)BEChargers Wrote: Don't really know why he would wait until May, but it really did make finding the best replacement very difficult.

You should be thanking ol' Tomcat. If he had quit in February, rather than May , your school would have been looking for a replacement. I have that on pretty good authority.
I’d rather give it back to Steve Jewell and start losing district every year…
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Gitback Coach, Old School Hound
(05-17-2024, 06:37 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Time will tell, I guess. Pope is hundreds of wins , a Natty, and a bunch of FF's behind the ol' Razorback ball coach.  Gotta lot of catching up to do.

bull butter

Plant guy needs the weeds, or maybe the worm, removed from his brain. Been sniffing too much weed killer.

(05-17-2024, 05:12 PM)BEChargers Wrote: Don't really know why he would wait until May, but it really did make finding the best replacement very difficult.

You should be thanking ol' Tomcat. If he had quit in February, rather than May , your school would have been looking for a replacement. I have that on pretty good authority.
Kinda heard the same. Was told by one of the guys talking to Haddix that Haddix told him "How do I look a group of kids that showed up for workouts and practices at 6:00 AM that I am bailing on them?" If true, my respect for Haddix grew even more. I guess the opposite is Greer watching his team go through winter practices and spring ball and then bail on them. Speaks volumes abiut both coaches.
[-] The following 2 users Like jamesdeane's post:
  • Hatz, HighViz

bull butter

I'm sure Pope will be able to make the NCAA tournament and lose in the first round to Renfro Valley State .Calapari is a horrible in game coach .
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, jetpilot
^^^Pope already has enough to beat St. Peters and Oakland easily. Corbin will be fine too, but everybody still bring a huge sack of money to the Pikeville game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Bull got out!
(05-17-2024, 07:21 PM)jamesdeane Wrote:

bull butter

Kinda heard the same. Was told by one of the guys talking to Haddix that Haddix told him "How do I look a group of kids that showed up for workouts and practices at 6:00 AM that I am bailing on them?" If true, my respect for Haddix grew even more. I guess the opposite is Greer watching his team go through winter practices and spring ball and then bail on them. Speaks volumes abiut both coaches.

Sounds like he was being nice and respectful.  Believe what you want to believe.
[-] The following 2 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!, Jack Lambert
[Image: https://media1.tenor.com/images/7fe4c03a...d=12080736]

I was hoping the old ice cream trick worked but man, I tried.... Sick Justin wasn't where I thought that day and I took a wrong turn and ended up at Danville high school. They still liked the ice cream lol.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • BEChargers, Jack Lambert, Old School Hound
What I’ve heard from day one if Haddix wasn’t bribed back is still on the table.

It’s not a coach from Kentucky. I will say that much
(Yesterday, 12:41 AM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: What I’ve heard from day one if Haddix wasn’t bribed back is still on the table.

Nick Saban isn't coming.
Really quiet. What’s shaking Besides Paul Taylor, Steve Hart, Burley Foley and Dave Cox? Where is Tom? He got his pockets full of C?

Who is on the committee?

When this was first announced, some of the Corbin faithful posted that his replacement was already chosen and Greer was just waiting for everything to fall in place before announcing his retirement.  Guess that wasn't the case.
[-] The following 2 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • Bull got out!, TD Hounds
(Yesterday, 01:49 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(Yesterday, 12:41 AM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: What I’ve heard from day one if Haddix wasn’t bribed back is still on the table.

Nick Saban isn't coming.

Mountain mama take me home
(Yesterday, 09:01 AM)Granny Bear Wrote:

When this was first announced, some of the Corbin faithful posted that his replacement was already chosen and Greer was just waiting for everything to fall in place before announcing his retirement.  Guess that wasn't the case.
Oh it was all planned out, the person who was chosen just hasn’t been asked because the playbook got changed….
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Old School Hound
(Yesterday, 09:39 AM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote:
(Yesterday, 01:49 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Nick Saban isn't coming.

Mountain mama take me home

You think Luke would leave his team this late?  He declined an offer in April of '18 from Ironton, after being unanimously approved for the job. He's a really good coach but ...  There are too many people in Corbin (Mr. Taylor and others)that still have a rigid phallus for Haddix. Are they willing to let go of that?

(Yesterday, 08:55 AM)HighViz Wrote: Really quiet. What’s shaking Besides Paul Taylor, Steve Hart, Burley Foley and Dave Cox?  Where is Tom?  He got his pockets full of  C?

Who is on the committee?

Watching it burn ....

[Image: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/image...lVI58TCQ&s]
(Yesterday, 08:55 AM)HighViz Wrote: Really quiet. What’s shaking Besides Paul Taylor, Steve Hart, Burley Foley and Dave Cox?  Where is Tom?  He got his pockets full of  C?

Who is on the committee?

I agree. Kinda like the quiet before the storm.
I think the coach rumored about would be a good hire but can he get Corbin over the hump in "the Big One" ?

The good: Took Lawrence County from 0-11 in '08 to 12-1 in '09. Was the CJ 3A COTY in '09. Can't imagine there has ever been too many bigger one year turnarounds that that. Pretty amazing.

The bad: Lost three straight season-ended games('08-'10) to Bell Co. by a combined score of 163-7 .

The worse: Looks eerily like Steve Jewell.
(Yesterday, 09:50 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:

Oh it was all planned out, the person who was chosen just hasn’t been asked because the playbook got changed….

Can you elaborate?
I am shocked that the powers that be would dare entertain the idea of someone without ties to the Corbin program. They've ran the past two off with Whitaker and Haddix. Has the Haddix ship officially sailed? I heard he was approached and declined but with Greer and Jewell gone, will there be another run at him? Who were some of the names that interviewed or have been contacted? This is the first I've heard of the Cabell Midland coach. That's kind of out of the blue. I honestly figured that with Tommy stepping aside this late in the game, it was designed so that Mouser or Elam would get promoted.
I would say either Midland's coach or Elam gets it this late in the game. Mouser didn't get the Nelson Co job, hard for me to see him getting the Corbin job.
(9 hours ago)Corbin Wrote: I am shocked that the powers that be would dare entertain the idea of someone without ties to the Corbin program. They've ran the past two off with Whitaker and Haddix. Has the Haddix ship officially sailed? I heard he was approached and declined but with Greer and Jewell gone, will there be another run at him? Who were some of the names that interviewed or have been contacted? This is the first I've heard of the Cabell Midland coach. That's kind of out of the blue. I honestly figured that with Tommy stepping aside this late in the game, it was designed so that Mouser or Elam would get promoted.
 Maybe Mouser and Bart just don't want it? I could be wrong, but I thought I read on here or on another site where Elam was asked and it was a, without hesitation, "No"?
(Today, 08:22 AM)Granny Bear Wrote:
(Yesterday, 09:50 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:

Can you elaborate?
The replacement Greer had it mind to my understanding hadn’t been asked to be the interim, the board went in a different direction….
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)