•  Previous
  • 12(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
15th Region Transfers
If we keep Andrew Collins we’ll be one of the five best teams in the 15th, we are still getting a transfer in, bank on that. Pikeville is the favorite next year with Keene and Sykes coming over then Johnson Central and Pike Central and Martin County with the addition of Estridge, I’m hearing they may add another kid that’s good, can’t remember his name but if they add another kid that’s good enough to immediately start, they could be the best team.but I’m putting my money on Pikeville and Pike Central and by the end of the year we should be able to beat any team in the Region, I trust Mikes got this
(05-22-2024, 01:56 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: If we keep Andrew Collins we’ll be one of the five best teams in the 15th, we are still getting a transfer in, bank on that. Pikeville is the  favorite next year with Keene and Sykes coming over  then Johnson Central and Pike Central and Martin County with the addition of Estridge, I’m hearing they may add another kid that’s good, can’t remember his name but if they add another kid that’s good enough to immediately start, they could be the best team.but I’m putting my money on Pikeville and Pike Central and by the end of the year we should be able to beat any team in the Region, I trust Mikes got this
That's a lot of false confidence in a person who hasn't won anything. This last season he had one of the top players in the region with Kidd, and had two more that have signed to play collegiate ball. Not to mention one that already has two offers to play on the college level. And what was their record with all of those players? I can tell you, 17-16, and you honestly think keeping an incoming freshman will make the difference on a team that lost a lot of players? But hey, keep posting, everyone needs a good laugh. 17-16 is reality, another .500 record is more likely unless you schedule some cupcakes. Then maybe 3 games over .500.
Betsy Layne loosing five of their top seven (considering Hall is leaving) makes it hard to see them as a top five team. They were barely above average last season and JC PCC Pikeville Paintsville Martin County Lawrence County and Prestonsburg look like the top seven that could win the region. BL better have some aces in the hole coming in if they are going to crack the top five- or even seven. And I like BL- just keeping it real.
You saying I Like Betsy Layne is laughable. Look at your previous posts. You haven’t said anything positive since you started.
(05-23-2024, 09:09 AM)Sportscritic79 Wrote: You saying I Like Betsy Layne is laughable.  Look at your previous posts. You haven’t said anything positive since you started.
Not my fault you are too lazy and read my posts. Some times you have to be negative and real though. This program is on a downward slope and seeing more players leave is just to question where does it turn around. I’ve had plenty of positive posts. I’ve watched BL more than any other team the past 29 years as my old school closed. I was a Mullins guy and never could get behind PCC. I loved the 2011 tbrought 2015 teams in particular.  Sometimes I’m negative. Sometimes I’m positive. These last two season have been a whole lot of negative coming from people inside the program. Tells me something isn’t right there.
Reason it was rough was because dad got mad Junior wasn’t playing.
I think BL will be fine. You should look at rooting for another team since you are rooting so much for BL.
(05-23-2024, 11:58 AM)Sportscritic79 Wrote: Reason it was rough was because dad got mad Junior wasn’t playing.
I think BL will be fine.  You should look at rooting for another team since you are rooting so much for BL.

No idea what that statement means unless you think I have a kid playing- which I don't.  I root for BL just like so many rooted for UK, but wanted a change when things went south.  If any of these rumors are true about Hall, Collins and even Pente leaving it just makes you wonder why so many leave, but no impact players come.  I don't know of any parents that were mad about playing time last year.  The seven that played should have been that seven and can't see where anyone would be seriously questioning it from there.  Allen quit, but he would have been eight.  I don't know if it was purely playing time or the fact that he had to share time with the freshman Hall- heard there was friction there since his dad sat on the bench.  If he comes back to play now that Mason Hall is gone, that may be the answer. I certainy hope he does play as he is nice match with Pente as two of the best defensive guards in the region.  Anyway, hope the Bobcats get it figured out and I will support them the best I can- even if it means questioning what's going on.
(05-23-2024, 12:11 PM)Pikecoballer Wrote:
(05-23-2024, 11:58 AM)Sportscritic79 Wrote: Reason it was rough was because dad got mad Junior wasn’t playing.
I think BL will be fine.  You should look at rooting for another team since you are rooting so much for BL.

No idea what that statement means unless you think I have a kid playing- which I don't.  I root for BL just like so many rooted for UK, but wanted a change when things went south.  If any of these rumors are true about Hall, Collins and even Pente leaving it just makes you wonder why so many leave, but no impact players come.  I don't know of any parents that were mad about playing time last year.  The seven that played should have been that seven and can't see where anyone would be seriously questioning it from there.  Allen quit, but he would have been eight.  I don't know if it was purely playing time or the fact that he had to share time with the freshman Hall- heard there was friction there since his dad sat on the bench.  If he comes back to play now that Mason Hall is gone, that may be the answer. I certainy hope he does play as he is nice match with Pente as two of the best defensive guards in the region.  Anyway, hope the Bobcats get it figured out and I will support them the best I can- even if it means questioning what's going on.

From what I’ve read and gathered, that definitely says a lot. When 2 or maybe even 3 of your remaining top 6 leave. Allen quit during the summer as well, but claimed it was to focus on football, but the real reason was because Howell was getting more time than him, or atleast that’s what some tall fella told me this past summer. I also was told that Allen started multiple games this past season and was the 6th-7th man in 90% of the games played. Sometimes we look for scape goats when things don’t go our way.
(05-22-2024, 01:56 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: If we keep Andrew Collins we’ll be one of the five best teams in the 15th, we are still getting a transfer in, bank on that. Pikeville is the  favorite next year with Keene and Sykes coming over  then Johnson Central and Pike Central and Martin County with the addition of Estridge, I’m hearing they may add another kid that’s good, can’t remember his name but if they add another kid that’s good enough to immediately start, they could be the best team.but I’m putting my money on Pikeville and Pike Central and by the end of the year we should be able to beat any team in the Region, I trust Mikes got this

I heard Martin County got a kid from WV named Parker Watts.  I remember D&D making a big deal out of him.  He’s probably good, but the 15th region is a higher level of competition than he would be used to playing against.
(05-24-2024, 10:02 AM)Wildcat45 Wrote:

I heard Martin County got a kid from WV named Parker Watts.  I remember D&D making a big deal out of him.  He’s probably good, but the 15th region is a higher level of competition than he would be used to playing against.

Parker can play. Averaged 27 a game last year I believe he was the leading scorer in wv. I agree 15th is different but he’ll be fine. Be interesting to see how Martin County fits together this year. Parker was very ball dominant at Tolsia and didn’t play much defense. He will definitely help them.
(05-24-2024, 10:02 AM)Wildcat45 Wrote:

15th region is a different level than WV and what he’s used to playing. That said he will be considered top 2-3 player in the region. If this is true and If Coach James can get them on the same page the 15th region just got interesting. Instead of Jc and Pikeville being the top teams I think Martin County will be added to that. The interesting part is going to be where does Estridge fit in. Can he start an if not will he agree to being a 6th man when I believe I heard that’s why he left Prestonburg. However if he agrees to playing starter minutes coming off the bench he could add some much needed depth. And would give him possibly his best chance at going to RUPP which is what his step dad has said he was wanting. 

The next couple weeks will be interesting seeing who is where and who stayed with their respective schools.
We will have maybe the best backcourt in the Region with experience, Parsons and Pente makes us a top tier team, add Isaiah to that with 2 improving big guys, if you keep Collins we’ll be one of the 5 best teams in the Region. On Estridge situation he played with us this Summer , made us a lot better, hope they don’t start him because they said if anything happens they’ll come to Betsy Layne. Who would they start over him would be my question, if the kid they got from WV is the Watts kid, that’s the only kid on there team I could see better then Estridge. Well probably 2 or 3 if layers about same level but he would start ver the 8th grader to you would think, I’d say he’s one of the 10 best players in our Region after watching him play with our guys this Summer. If you add him to Collins, Pente, Parsons, Allen, Hammond and Combs I think we could possibly win the 15th. Have yall heard of Shelby Vslley getting a new
(05-24-2024, 03:40 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: We will have maybe the best backcourt in the Region with experience, Parsons and Pente makes us a top tier team, add Isaiah to that with 2 improving big guys, if you keep Collins we’ll be one of the 5 best teams in the Region. On Estridge situation he played with us this Summer , made us a lot better, hope they don’t start him because they said if anything happens they’ll come to Betsy Layne. Who would they start over him would be my question, if the kid they got from WV is the Watts kid, that’s the only kid on there team I could see better then Estridge. Well probably 2 or 3 if layers about same level but he would start ver the 8th grader to you would think, I’d say he’s one of the 10 best players in our Region after watching him play with our guys this Summer. If you add him to Collins, Pente, Parsons, Allen, Hammond and Combs I think we could possibly win the 15th. Have yall heard of Shelby Vslley getting a new
I haven’t watch him much since his sophomore year So he might be a for sure starter, just thinking watt’s, davis, Maynard and Dials for sure starters Or at least I would think based off last year. 
That leaves 1 spot for Estridge and 1 other kid not sure his name
just seen him play on several All star games since season end and I’m not who else Martin County has.
(05-24-2024, 03:40 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: We will have maybe the best backcourt in the Region with experience, Parsons and Pente makes us a top tier team, add Isaiah to that with 2 improving big guys, if you keep Collins we’ll be one of the 5 best teams in the Region. On Estridge situation he played with us this Summer , made us a lot better, hope they don’t start him because they said if anything happens they’ll come to Betsy Layne. Who would they start over him would be my question, if the kid they got from WV is the Watts kid, that’s the only kid on there team I could see better then Estridge. Well probably 2 or 3 if layers about same level but he would start ver the 8th grader to you would think, I’d say he’s one of the 10 best players in our Region after watching him play with our guys this Summer. If you add him to Collins, Pente, Parsons, Allen, Hammond and Combs I think we could possibly win the 15th. Have yall heard of Shelby Vslley getting a new

Estridge will start at Martin.

Betsy Layne will be in the 8-10 range. After graduating a few and losing a couple. Pikeville, Martin, JC, Paintsville, Pike Central, Phelps (lost 1 player and gained a player or 2), Floyd Central (gained 2), Prestonsburg (If Ferrell stays) and probably Lawrence County will all be better. Absolutely delusional if you think BL will be in the top 5.
We played Martin County at Region last season and unless there players got a lot better I think he should have been there best player not counting the Watts kid, because I don’t know him, didn’t get to watch much WV ball but I hear he’s good. That’s going off how he played with us this Summer. Last year at Prestonsburg he was the kid we game planned for the most, the Keathley kid is great but Estridge and the big guy was the two we worried about, Cam shut Keathley down and we knew he would, when he’s frustrated young players struggle to find other ways to score. Mike is great at game planning for one particular player. Keep sleeping on us, I don’t think there is a question we’re best team in Floyd County
My two predictions for what it is worth: #1 Collins will not be on the hill this year, he will be 26.6 miles north on US 23. #2 Estridge will start for Martin County because playing time was the first inquiry to at least one other school during last season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes THOMCAT's post:
  • YouKnowNot
(05-24-2024, 05:10 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: We played Martin County at Region last season and unless there players got a lot better I think he should have been there best player not counting the Watts kid, because I don’t know him, didn’t get to watch much WV ball but I hear he’s good. That’s going off how he played with us this Summer. Last year at Prestonsburg he was the kid we game planned for the most, the  Keathley kid is great but Estridge and the big guy was the two we worried about, Cam shut Keathley down and we knew he would, when he’s frustrated young players struggle to find other ways to score. Mike is great at game planning for one particular player. Keep sleeping on us, I don’t think there is a question we’re best team in Floyd County

How do you know what the game plan was? You also have lost basically more players than anyone in the region. Kidd, Martin, Tanner Hall, Grayson Hall, Braydon Hall and Andrew Collins.
This Region can be won with two great guards we have that, if thing don’t work out at Martin County I think we could have 3 great guards. Allen will be the shocker of the Region, he’s a lot better than people think. We will keep Collins I do believe, then we just got to continue to develop Combs and Hammond.
(05-24-2024, 06:35 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: This Region can be won with two great guards  we have that, if thing don’t work out at Martin County I think we could have 3 great guards. Allen will be the shocker of the Region, he’s a lot better than people think. We will keep Collins I do believe, then we just got to continue to develop Combs and Hammond.
Anyone that thinks Estridge is better than Davis and Maynard at MC hasn't watched them play. Those two have taken a back seat the last couple of seasons since MC was so talented. Its their turn this year. He will be 4th to 5th option there if the Watts kid is actually there. JJ knows what he is doing and has winning on his coaching resume.
Floyd Central picked up 2 kids?
Knew Brayden, who else went over?
Any news on Prestonsburg? I heard the core of their team will be returning, and the only loss being Estridge. If that's the case, the Blackcats will be able to compete with anyone in the region.
Is Ferrel kid returning. I thought he would go to Tug after Chase left. If he returns it’ll help
(9 hours ago)Blackcat 4 Life Wrote: Any news on Prestonsburg? I heard the core of their team will be returning, and the only loss being Estridge. If that's the case, the Blackcats will be able to compete with anyone in the region.

Napier
Narin
Keathley
Allen- if he plays
Ferrell- if he stays 

They matchup well with their district, but I don't think they matchup good outside of that.
(03-18-2024, 11:42 PM)Ring'Em Up Wrote:
(03-18-2024, 05:21 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Where is Keathley going?
Straight to the G-League, from North Lake Drive, if you ask Professional Coach dad. Big Grin
Nothing like being 2nd fiddle to Sloan at JC for the next 3 years.

Thats the issue.... You get Keathley, you get daddy...... not worth the headache IMO
(5 hours ago)The Source EKy Wrote:
(03-18-2024, 11:42 PM)Ring'Em Up Wrote:
(03-18-2024, 05:21 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Where is Keathley going?
Straight to the G-League, from North Lake Drive, if you ask Professional Coach dad. Big Grin
Nothing like being 2nd fiddle to Sloan at JC for the next 3 years.

Thats the issue.... You get Keathley, you get daddy...... not worth the headache IMO

Keathley will stay. He has unlimited access to the facilities; he gets to be ball dominant and his dad gets to call the shots from behind the scenes.
  •  Previous
  • 12(current)