Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Middlesboro
20.83%
Pikeville
79.17%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Middlesboro at Pikeville 11/17 3RD ROUND
(11-14-2023, 11:48 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(11-14-2023, 10:35 PM)mr yellow jacket Wrote: jackets by 90

over/under total yards is 90

i wouldn't get to cocky best player on the field tonight will be in black and yelloa his number is #1
(11-17-2023, 11:12 AM)mr yellow jacket Wrote:

i wouldn't get to cocky best player on the field tonight will be in black and yelloa his number is #1
Yellow jacket fever can be debilitating but the best player on the field tonight will be wearing maroon and white. Pick one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • Belichick
(11-17-2023, 11:12 AM)mr yellow jacket Wrote:

Dude
Oh Christ…#1 is going to have to have double his average to be the best one on the field tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ArmChairHC's post:
  • Belichick
(11-17-2023, 12:58 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: Oh Christ…#1 is going to have to have double his average to be the best one on the field tonight.
#1 may be his son and he has every right to believe his son is the best player but in saying that #35 on the other team is pretty good player also plus I could put up some other #s also but don’t want to get into that but good luck to both teams tonight and hope for an injury free game for all players
I haven't seen Middlesboro play in several years. I know they've been down the last several years but now that they are in 1A I'm interested too see how they perform in the playoffs against a good program like Pikeville. There's a big difference between making the trip to Pikeville to play the Panthers instead of Shelby Valley. Class A is so watered down and I think it would be great to see the Jackets get their program back on track because Class A definitely needs another solid program. They do have a fantastic head coach so I expect he will do a great job there.

I just don't think Middlesboro is there yet to win at Pikeville and this needs to be the season to get it done because I just don't see anyone in Class A beating the Panthers the next 3 years with the teams Pikeville is gonna have.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Humpty Dumpty's post:
  • Belichick
(11-17-2023, 03:34 PM)Humpty Dumpty Wrote: I haven't seen Middlesboro play in several years.  I know they've been down the last several years but now that they are in 1A I'm interested too see how they perform in the playoffs against a good program like Pikeville.  There's a big difference between making the trip to Pikeville to play the Panthers instead of Shelby Valley.  Class A is so watered down and I think it would be great to see the Jackets get their program back on track because Class A definitely needs another solid program.  They do have a fantastic head coach so I expect he will do a great job there.

I just don't think Middlesboro is there yet to win at Pikeville and this needs to be the season to get it done because I just don't see anyone in Class A beating the Panthers the next 3 years with the teams Pikeville is gonna have.
I think this Middlesboro team is good. They are going to show up tonight. I still think they lose but with bad weather you never know. I would like to see another team or two emerge in 1A. Unfortunately, it looks like several teams are losing some major pieces this season. Raceland, Campbellsville, KCD, and Middlesboro lose a lot. Sayre has some playmakers back. But next years Pikeville team is going to smack some folks regardless of class. They have another 3 great years ahead.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Belichick's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(11-17-2023, 04:22 PM)Belichick Wrote:
(11-17-2023, 03:34 PM)Humpty Dumpty Wrote: I haven't seen Middlesboro play in several years.  I know they've been down the last several years but now that they are in 1A I'm interested too see how they perform in the playoffs against a good program like Pikeville.  There's a big difference between making the trip to Pikeville to play the Panthers instead of Shelby Valley.  Class A is so watered down and I think it would be great to see the Jackets get their program back on track because Class A definitely needs another solid program.  They do have a fantastic head coach so I expect he will do a great job there.

I think this Middlesboro team is good. They are going to show up tonight. I still think they lose but with bad weather you never know. I would like to see another team or two emerge in 1A. Unfortunately, it looks like several teams are losing some major pieces this season. Raceland, Campbellsville, KCD, and Middlesboro lose a lot. Sayre has some playmakers back. But next years Pikeville team is going to smack some folks regardless of class. They have another 3 great years ahead.
You've hit the nail on the head Belichick. This Freshman class is super talented and moving on to Soph and Junior class, lots of talent and playing time will pay dividends toward more possible championship appearances. We all know how this Senior class is performing, and another trophy is within reach, so these Seniors know what it takes to bring another one home. The talent is there, best coaching staff ive ever seen at PHS, community support, facilities, etc, second to none. It all adds up to a very bright future.
Pikeville by 4+ TD’s
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Looks like the Jackets came to play and Pikeville's offense is struggling early on.

Panthers better get it going or this is gonna be a tough 4 quarter game.
(11-17-2023, 09:59 PM)Humpty Dumpty Wrote: Looks like the Jackets came to play and Pikeville's offense is struggling early on.

Panthers better get it going or this is gonna be a tough 4 quarter game.
Raceland is in a similar situation with Sayre.  Sayre is up 14-7 in the 2nd
Middleboro 8
Pikeville 0
3:46 2nd Quarter
End of 3rd quarter. Pikeville 27-8, but Brendan Anthony sidelined with what looks like cramps.
Much respect to Middlesboro
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
Brenden Anthony 276 yards 4 TDs
(11-18-2023, 12:00 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Much respect to Middlesboro
Yes indeed! Grigsby the QB is one heck of a player. Hés got some real help at catching the ball too. Great game!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • jetpilot
Middlesboro came to play. Hats off to those kids. 1 and 2 are very very good players. Pikeville was just a little better upfront and got their running game going to create a little distance in the score. But this was a really good game. Glad the Panthers are still playing next week. On to the Semifinals!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Micro-Brew's post:
  • jetpilot