Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 38 Somerset 21
Well, I want to comment on this thread. I didnt get to see the game as being out of state. But to read comments from opposing teams bragging on each other is refreshing. It sounds like a lot of mutual respect by and for both teams. Good job boys. Congrats Belfry.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Well, I want to comment on this thread. I didnt get to see the game as being out of state. But to read comments from opposing teams bragging on each other is refreshing. It sounds like a lot of mutual respect by and for both teams. Good job boys. Congrats Belfry.

Belfry has all of Somerset's respect and we are all pulling for the Pirates!
Meaty Wrote:Belfry has all of Somerset's respect and we are all pulling for the Pirates!

Meaty, reading your comments have been very refreshing and I want to commend you for representing your school and community the way you have. I feel bad that you all had to run into this Belfry team, Smerset had alot of evry talented Seniors that could have achieved many great things this season, but had thye not ran into this Pirate squad they possibly could have achieved more.

Keep your head up and keep working, Somerset is lucky to have a kid like you!
BoondockSaint Wrote:Sorry Meaty...Somerset was the softest team I've ever seen play football.

If John Cole wins Mr. Football, I want to try out to be UK's next anything. I'm that good.

BTW...John Cole is 5'8, maybe, and Belfry has had better D-I prospects each of the last 4 years if he is an SEC player.

Lots of class!!!
BoondockSaint Wrote:If John Cole wins Mr. Football, I want to try out to be UK's next anything. I'm that good.

BTW...John Cole is 5'8, maybe, and Belfry has had better D-I prospects each of the last 4 years if he is an SEC player.

:thatsfunn That's hilarious...
Cole's good. The weather last night prevented him from showing what he's good at. His QB was pressured a lot, and didn't make very good passes. He's a Freshman though if I heard correctly, and regardless of a whole season, a young man like that facing off against the Belfry DLine would have a lot of pressure all game. All things considered he did well. MOF he stepped up late and took a hit he really shouldn't have, and if the radio was right dislocated his shoulder. Gutsy move, if ill advised.

We knew coming in though that we'd be the more physical team. If it makes you guys feel any better, I think 8 of our starters last night were over in physical therapy today Tongue
Elwayfan Wrote:Lots of class!!!

Class means saying what everyone wants to hear, or not what everyone is really thinking.

Somerset played a far more physical team, and one that had at least 4 better football players than a certain receiver who signed with Vandy.

I'm truthful all day.Cool
Sarrr Wrote:Cole's good. The weather last night prevented him from showing what he's good at. His QB was pressured a lot, and didn't make very good passes. He's a Freshman though if I heard correctly, and regardless of a whole season, a young man like that facing off against the Belfry DLine would have a lot of pressure all game. All things considered he did well. MOF he stepped up late and took a hit he really shouldn't have, and if the radio was right dislocated his shoulder. Gutsy move, if ill advised.

Chase Hall the QB is a Senior and the QB that came in and relieved him is a junior.
BoondockSaint Wrote:Class means saying what everyone wants to hear, or not what everyone is really thinking.

Somerset played a far more physical team, and one that had at least 4 better football players than a certain receiver who signed with Vandy.

I'm truthful all day.Cool
Take some lessons from Coach Haywood. That's class
Yeh! Gooooo Belfry...good luck with Breathitt.
Sarrr Wrote:Cole's good. The weather last night prevented him from showing what he's good at. His QB was pressured a lot, and didn't make very good passes. He's a Freshman though if I heard correctly, and regardless of a whole season, a young man like that facing off against the Belfry DLine would have a lot of pressure all game. All things considered he did well. MOF he stepped up late and took a hit he really shouldn't have, and if the radio was right dislocated his shoulder. Gutsy move, if ill advised.

We knew coming in though that we'd be the more physical team. If it makes you guys feel any better, I think 8 of our starters last night were over in physical therapy today Tongue

That's funny Smile