Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 38 Somerset 21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
way to go belfry
congrats belfry
Good win Belfry hope ya win state.
Congrats Belfry lets do it again next week
Congrats Pirates!
Congrats Belfry
Congrats Belfry.

Yes it was a bad officiated game on both teams part. In the 1st quarter they called me for jumping offsides, since I was starting Nose, when it was Belfrys guard that jumped big and thats when I went when I seen the guard go. I just didnt understand that one. It should of been a false start.

Also all of Belfrys TDS that got called back, something had to have been going on. I just didnt see some of the reasons why they were called back. Just a very bad officiated game on both sides.

Also, its good to see anotehr Coleman that was on the field for Belfry besides me. Im going to have to search my family tree for back when I lived in Kimper until a few years ago when I moved here to Somerset, because Corey Coleman sounds very familiar, even my Dad said it did.

Belfry was very clean and very disciplined, a typical Haywood football team. The Pirates will walk through state IMO.

Congrats Belfry.
Dustin May and Ivan Lee are frickin machines....its rediculous...to have 2 out of 3 straight td's called back and score on third.....good season Somerset...Belfry---get ready for sum Bobcats----its gonna be a WAR! lmao
I agree, it was a poorly called game. But, anyway.. it was a great win for Belfry on the road against a passing team that really worried me alot this week...but Haywood had the boys ready.
oon f
Meaty...thanks to your school for being great hosts...you all had a great season.

I'll post more tomorrow...just got back into Lexington from Somerset after driving to Somerset earlier this afternoon from South Williamson.

Go Pirates !!!!!
Meaty Wrote:Congrats Belfry.

Yes it was a bad officiated game on both teams part. In the 1st quarter they called me for jumping offsides, since I was starting Nose, when it was Belfrys guard that jumped big and thats when I went when I seen the guard go. I just didnt understand that one. It should of been a false start.

Also all of Belfrys TDS that got called back, something had to have been going on. I just didnt see some of the reasons why they were called back. Just a very bad officiated game on both sides.

Also, its good to see anotehr Coleman that was on the field for Belfry besides me. Im going to have to search my family tree for back when I lived in Kimper until a few years ago when I moved here to Somerset, because Corey Coleman sounds very familiar, even my Dad said it did.

Belfry was very clean and very disciplined, a typical Haywood football team. The Pirates will walk through state IMO.

Congrats Belfry.

Very nice post Meaty!
Congradulations on your season Somerset!

TongueirateSho WAY TO GO BELFRY PIRATESTongueirateSho
Somerset was probably the best team we've played this season, so far at least. #30 is a MACHINE! Cole has superhuman speed and jumping ability. You all looked a LOT more aggressive tonight than you did in the Corbin film we watched! Tonight's Somerset team could have beaten anyone else in 3A, but destiny intervened. This bunch of Pirates have been on this course for a long time (I've had the pleasure to witness all of it, from pee wees) and I said it at the end of last season: I have a really good feeling about this year Wink

We were talking about it on our side though, and we were surprised that with as good a team as Somerset has, why they didn't have a bigger fan turnout. I realize they are a 2A school playing up, but I'm still surprised. Then again, I guess I'm just used to the Belfry community.

Anyway, Grats on a great season Somerset! You all gave it your all, and you should be proud of what you've accomplished!

My Pirate baby bros Wink Love you boys, thanks for making this year so memorable! I work evenings all week but I'll see you Friday Big Grin Enjoy the break this weekend: You've earned it. Get your game faces on come Monday though. Looks like Breathitt will be your toughest challenge ever!
Sorry Meaty...Somerset was the softest team I've ever seen play football.

If John Cole wins Mr. Football, I want to try out to be UK's next anything. I'm that good.

BTW...John Cole is 5'8, maybe, and Belfry has had better D-I prospects each of the last 4 years if he is an SEC player.
Congrats Pirates!
BoondockSaint Wrote:Sorry Meaty...Somerset was the softest team I've ever seen play football.

If John Cole wins Mr. Football, I want to try out to be UK's next anything. I'm that good.

BTW...John Cole is 5'8, maybe, and Belfry has had better D-I prospects each of the last 4 years if he is an SEC player.

Cole is not 5'8, He is like 5"10 or 5'11. I'm 5'7 and he is a couple of inches taller than me. Well you have your opinion... :confused:
Sarrr Wrote:We were talking about it on our side though, and we were surprised that with as good a team as Somerset has, why they didn't have a bigger fan turnout. I realize they are a 2A school playing up, but I'm still surprised. Then again, I guess I'm just used to the Belfry community.

Yea welcome to the great football town of Somerset. We hardly have a lot of fans every game. It's pretty pathetic on our fans part when more people drive 4 hours from Belfry to watch the game and they won't get out of the house and drive 5 minutes :confused:...

I knew Belfry would bring alot of people but I was very impressed. Most of them was there an hour before kickoff when we first came out and started warming up. Thats just says wonders about the Belfry community.
[/b]
Meaty Wrote:Yea welcome to the great football town of Somerset. We hardly have a lot of fans every game. It's pretty pathetic on our fans part when more people drive 4 hours from Belfry to watch the game and they won't get out of the house and drive 5 minutes :confused:...

I knew Belfry would bring alot of people but I was very impressed. Most of them was there an hour before kickoff when we first came out and started warming up. Thats just says wonders about the Belfry community.

[b]TongueirateSho Thanx Meaty! You seem to be a class act young man. That says alot about your parents and coaching! Will you be back next year?TongueirateSho
~Pirates Pack a Punch~ Wrote:[/b]

[b]TongueirateSho Thanx Meaty! You seem to be a class act young man. That says alot about your parents ad coaching! Will you be back next year?TongueirateSho

Thanks man. I sure hope so, I found out last night that we signed a 2 year contract to stay in this Region so hopefully I will get to come back home to Pike Co. and play Belfry again at CAM. That would be very nice, since it will be my Senior year next season.

But another thing, I am so sore this morning haha. It was a war on the D-Line last night between me, Belfry's center and your all's 2 guards. If anybody was at the game and actually seen me( I as #7, I started at Nose) then you will probably know why I'm sore lol

It was fun and hopefully we get to do it again next season! But first you all need to bring back state to Eastern Kentucky!
Great win Belfry! Rooting for ya BIG RED!!
Meaty Wrote:Thanks man. I sure hope so, I found out last night that we signed a 2 year contract to stay in this Region so hopefully I will get to come back home to Pike Co. and play Belfry again at CAM. That would be very nice, since it will be my Senior year next season.

But anotehr thing, I am so sore this morning haha. It was a war on the D-Line last night between me, Belfry's center and your all's 2 guards. If anybody was at the game and actually seen me( I as #7, I started at Nose) then you will probably know why I'm sore lol

It was fun and hopefully we get to do it again next season! But first you all need to bring back state to Eastern Kentucky!
:champ: :champ: This is our goal! Thanx again for the sweet comment! We look forward to having you at CAM! Jimbo and Casey are two tough guys...lol...They are the guards..Our Center is just a sophomore...ne thing for sure, there were no freshman in the game that I know of (Which is unheard of this year!)TongueirateSho TongueirateSho
Meaty look at your P.M.s
Congrates Pirates....
You guys played a great game. The field was very nice and the visitors stand were the best I've seen this year. Keep your heads and we will see ya next year.
Congrats pirates. Lets get ready for the bobcats.
Meaty Wrote:Thanks man. I sure hope so, I found out last night that we signed a 2 year contract to stay in this Region so hopefully I will get to come back home to Pike Co. and play Belfry again at CAM. That would be very nice, since it will be my Senior year next season.

But anotehr thing, I am so sore this morning haha. It was a war on the D-Line last night between me, Belfry's center and your all's 2 guards. If anybody was at the game and actually seen me( I as #7, I started at Nose) then you will probably know why I'm sore lol

Hate to hear you are a little banged up from last night, hope ya feel better soon. I sure hope that Belfry can host Somerset next year in the playoffs and youll get to come home. Good Luck to you guys next year...

I agree that you are a very respectable young man.
Meaty Wrote:Most of them was there an hour before kickoff when we first came out and started warming up.

I was #3 in line for Tickets at 5 pm....lol

Wowsers was it ever cold....:eek:
Great Job Pirates and Great Season to the Briar Jumpers.
BelfryPride Wrote:I was #3 in line for Tickets at 5 pm....lol

Wowsers was it ever cold....:eek:

Haha it wasn't that cold for me, I didn't wear sleeves. I bet it was freezing just standing around though.
Congrats Belfry and Good Season Jumpers!

Bro i know your pain...hahaha. I started d-line against belfry in the scrimmage at the beginning of the year. Belfry's o-line is just rediculous. I felt like I got hit by a train on Saturday.---prolly bcuz Dustin May ran through me and 2 of our linebackers first play---but thats another story!!! Good job Somerset...and good luck belfry!
Pages: 1 2