Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danville opening soon?
(11-02-2022, 12:26 AM)Danville Blue Devil Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 01:48 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: As far as Paul Morse, him and the principal are buddies because there daughters play on the same softball travel team. The principal better make the right decision and hire Clevenger back or he will be out looking for a new job. The principal did try to make the board of education pay to use Paul's indoor facility but they denied it. Paul's sister is the new Danville softball coach so I'm sure its all in together. They need to just get rid of Paul Morse all together.

Greg Ross needs to take complete control of this. He has already apologized to Clevenger. Ross needs to make the hire himself as soon as possible.
Was it a public apology or you just have some inside info? Honestly, I am just curious.
(11-02-2022, 06:47 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 12:26 AM)Danville Blue Devil Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 01:48 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: As far as Paul Morse, him and the principal are buddies because there daughters play on the same softball travel team. The principal better make the right decision and hire Clevenger back or he will be out looking for a new job. The principal did try to make the board of education pay to use Paul's indoor facility but they denied it. Paul's sister is the new Danville softball coach so I'm sure its all in together. They need to just get rid of Paul Morse all together.

Greg Ross needs to take complete control of this. He has already apologized to Clevenger. Ross needs to make the hire himself as soon as possible.
Was it a public apology or you just have some inside info? Honestly, I am just curious.

https://www.yoursportsedge.com/2022/07/2...rryvaught/

Public apology in a community forum meeting. 

Quoting from Larry Vaught’s article, ““Coach we did not do things right and I am sorry,” Ross said.

Not everyone would have the courage to do that but Ross did. Also remember he was not part of the firing decision but said “we” rather than “they” to show he’s willing to take ownership of what happened.

“We have to heal and admit we did not do things right,” Ross said. “I want us to all fall in love with Danville athletics. I want us to get to a point where we admit we messed up and move forward.”

“I am hoping we can buy into making Danville successful.””

The problem is the community worries the principal is under the influence of people that were involved in all this so the saga continues. This will not end with the next coach if they don’t hire Clevenger. Ross needs to take control because he is seen as above and not part of the anti Clevenger faction. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Danville Blue Devil's post:
  • TheStickyBandit
I'm hearing Clevenger's kids are enrolled at Boyle at the wife is very happy with them there. What if they release Peach and Clevenger rejects the Danville job?

Myself, pride means something and live by the fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me attitude.
(10-31-2022, 10:25 PM)The_Cats_Meow Wrote: Danville has all the tools to win BUT the admin has to understand Danville will NEVER be as dominant as they were back in the day.

I know of several die hard Danville guys who poured a lot blood, sweat and tears into Danville football back in the day and now have moved their children elsewhere because of the circus.

Danville can be as dominant as they've always been if they make the right hire and keep all their most talented players in their school. They won the state championship just 5 years ago. It's not like they died as a program in the 90s.
[-] The following 3 users Like jamesclay's post:
  • BEChargers, Footballfan33, TheStickyBandit
(11-02-2022, 09:23 AM)Rebel55 Wrote: I'm hearing Clevenger's kids are enrolled at Boyle at the wife is very happy with them there.  What if they release Peach and Clevenger rejects the Danville job? 

Myself, pride means something and live by the fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me attitude.
What if Haddix leaves and Clevenger takes the Boyle County job? Smile
(11-01-2022, 01:48 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Peach don't discipline the kids, he don't hold them accountable. If Clevenger gets the job back he will have plenty of talent. Demauriah Brown and Braiden Baughman are both really good RBs that are both Sophomores. Also 6'3 Paul Mcclure is only a Sophomores. Danville starts 3 Freshman on the Offensive and defensive line. Clevenger will have plenty to work with. Peach is just not a good fit at Danville. He's not really a people person. As far as Paul Morse, him and the principal are buddies because there daughters play on the same softball travel team. The principal better make the right decision and hire Clevenger back or he will be out looking for a new job. The principal did try to make the board of education pay to use Paul's indoor facility but they denied it. Paul's sister is the new Danville softball coach so I'm sure its all in together. They need to just get rid of Paul Morse all together.
Well just ask Anderson County parents, he was to hard of a coach.  Poor guy cant win no matter what he does.  He is either to hard or not hard enough.
I think Anderson County needs to hire him back and Danville hire Clevenger back.