Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danville opening soon?
I was in Danville today eating, and I ran across some old friends at the restaurant. One of them being somebody I consider a "inside know" type of person within Danville. They said following the playoffs, that there will be changes made. Danville finished the regular season 4-6. If this job opens, Who gets this thing straightened out?
If Danville still has the same admins that ran clevenger off…. Then there is not righting the ship.
They have new administration and the baseball coach who caused a great deal of the trouble is also gone. Clevenger is still at the school and people want him back. I believe he will be their first call if Peach gets released
(10-30-2022, 11:39 PM)Rip/Spin Wrote: They have new administration and the baseball coach who caused a great deal of the trouble is also gone.  Clevenger is still at the school and people want him back.  I believe he will be their first call if Peach gets released
Well that is good to hear about the admin and the baseball coach. As for Clevenger, he may very well be their first call and he should be, but will he answer.
Change is needed at Danville and even then, it'll take a while to fix the mess.
I need Clevenger on the Whitley County staff Smile
Breaking News…….Stop the phone call s please. I’m not interested in the job as long as coach Haddix is at Boyle county
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(10-31-2022, 10:50 AM)pjdoug Wrote: I need Clevenger on the Whitley County staff Smile
We would take him at LC.

(10-31-2022, 10:52 AM)64SUR Wrote: Breaking News…….Stop the phone call s please. I’m not interested in the job as long as coach Haddix is at Boyle county
Sorry that was a butt dial.
[-] The following 2 users Like TheStickyBandit's post:
  • 64SUR, Patriot1
I think Clevenger is all about being an Admiral and I am sure he is coming back if anyone. The Ads will be the big brother of Title Town once again, soon.
I agree with what’s been said if they’re smart the administration will beg Clevenger to come back!!!
Clevenger is the only choice because it’s the only right choice. He should have never lost the job. The whole state knows Clevenger is the rightful Danville football coach. If Danville doesn’t do the right thing and offer Clevenger the job all the bad mojo they have created for themselves will just continue to plague the program and school. Danville made itself the laughing stock of the state with this nonsense. Time to buck up and make it right.

Baseball coach….. not sure he is out of the way. Are you all sure about that? Not sure what is true, but have heard he remains involved in some sort of supervisory role over baseball and softball???? Anyone know???? Also heard the school is considering paying him a monthly fee for use of his baseball academy by the high school baseball team??? Again may not be true, but heard talk of a monthly fee exceeding $1000. Mentioning this as a counterpoint to the notion that he is gone and hence no longer an influence. Some feel he remains an influence, particularly with the DHS principal. Maybe someone knows the scoop on all that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Danville Blue Devil's post:
  • BEChargers
I’ve it’s all about politics, I’ve got the perfect guy in mind.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • BobcatForever, Bull got out!
Mark Peach is not a bad coach. He’s just not who Danville wants.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • Danville Blue Devil
(10-31-2022, 09:34 PM)Hound05 Wrote: I’ve it’s all about politics, I’ve got the perfect guy in mind.

Big Grin
Big GrinBig GrinHound05I’ve it’s all about politics, I’ve got the perfect guy in mind.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like BobcatForever's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hound05
Danville has all the tools to win BUT the admin has to understand Danville will NEVER be as dominant as they were back in the day.

I know of several die hard Danville guys who poured a lot blood, sweat and tears into Danville football back in the day and now have moved their children elsewhere because of the circus.
(10-31-2022, 09:57 PM)BobcatForever Wrote: Big GrinBig GrinHound05I’ve it’s all about politics, I’ve got the perfect guy in mind.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
What’s that movie

”it’s funny because it’s trueeee”
Also, for the record, Mark Peach is a good football coach. He is just stuck in the middle of a bad situation. Feels like most parents are rooting against him in hopes they attempt to get Clevenger back.
[-] The following 2 users Like The_Cats_Meow's post:
  • Rip/Spin, Waitaminute
(10-31-2022, 10:28 PM)The_Cats_Meow Wrote: Also, for the record, Mark Peach is a good football coach. He is just stuck in the middle of a bad situation. Feels like most parents are rooting against him in hopes they attempt to get Clevenger back.

Exactly.
(10-31-2022, 09:38 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: Mark Peach is not a bad coach. He’s just not who Danville wants.

I agree that he is not a bad coach, but it’s more than just not being who Danville wants. He could have won the confidence of the football community in the way he conducted the program, but he didn’t. Didn’t mean to like your comment in agreement to it, although I do partly agree, was trying to hit the quote button. It’s just been a tough situation. Danville is trending downward under his direction now. Will take a hard nosed coach and a administration that will back him to fix things.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Danville Blue Devil's post:
  • BEChargers
(10-31-2022, 10:43 PM)Danville Blue Devil Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 09:38 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: Mark Peach is not a bad coach. He’s just not who Danville wants.

I agree that he is not a bad coach, but it’s more than just not being who Danville wants. He could have won the confidence of the football community in the way he conducted the program, but he didn’t. Didn’t mean to like your comment in agreement to it, although I do partly agree, was trying to hit the quote button. It’s just been a tough situation. Danville is trending downward under his direction now. Will take a hard nosed coach and a administration that will back him to fix things.
This is a 5-6+ year fix and it may have some very dark days before they get there.
Mark Peach is a borderline great coach. But the parents, nor kids, weren't going to accept him because they are mad at how Clevenger was done. Peach, if I were him maybe I would have just stayed put or went somewhere else but all I have heard from insiders is he's a decent guy and good coach. But can't beat bitterness from the parents, and they weren't wrong exactly.
Peach don't discipline the kids, he don't hold them accountable. If Clevenger gets the job back he will have plenty of talent. Demauriah Brown and Braiden Baughman are both really good RBs that are both Sophomores. Also 6'3 Paul Mcclure is only a Sophomores. Danville starts 3 Freshman on the Offensive and defensive line. Clevenger will have plenty to work with. Peach is just not a good fit at Danville. He's not really a people person. As far as Paul Morse, him and the principal are buddies because there daughters play on the same softball travel team. The principal better make the right decision and hire Clevenger back or he will be out looking for a new job. The principal did try to make the board of education pay to use Paul's indoor facility but they denied it. Paul's sister is the new Danville softball coach so I'm sure its all in together. They need to just get rid of Paul Morse all together.
Clevenger is the only choice. They will not get any other proven coach to walk in to that snake pit. Administration better make sure they've got Clevenger before Peach leaves or they'll be moving forward with a rookie coach.
(10-31-2022, 10:43 PM)Danville Blue Devil Wrote:

Danville could've hired anyone and because it wasn't Clay I don't think the community would've backed him.
Refresh my memory, isn't Clevenger the one that demanded to be paid a teachers and coach's salary but not teach any classes?
Clevenger wanted in school weights and they didn't let him, then they took away his weights stipend. Clevenger is the Jag teacher.
(11-01-2022, 03:43 PM)IAM22 Wrote: Refresh my memory, isn't Clevenger the one that demanded to be paid a teachers and coach's salary but not teach any classes?
Well..that's almost every coach in most districts now. Most come with an AD job that pays much more than a teacher's salary. I don't think he was asking for much honestly. This is the norm in Kentucky and we are way behind the 8-ball compared to other states who are all about football. Texas coaches getting paid 6 figures since the mid 2000s.
Clevenger loves Danville he played there, he grew up in Danville, his mom is a long time employee of Danville schools District. All the people that ran him off had no Danville ties other than Paul Morse. Paul Morse was just upset that Sage Dawson took his sons qb spot when he was a freshman. Sage was way better than Pauls son. Then whats even more funnier Sage goes to Boyle County and beats Danville by himself in Baseball. Hits 3 home runs and beats Danville in the district championship last year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Footballfan33's post:
  • BEChargers
(11-01-2022, 01:48 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: As far as Paul Morse, him and the principal are buddies because there daughters play on the same softball travel team. The principal better make the right decision and hire Clevenger back or he will be out looking for a new job. The principal did try to make the board of education pay to use Paul's indoor facility but they denied it. Paul's sister is the new Danville softball coach so I'm sure its all in together. They need to just get rid of Paul Morse all together.

Greg Ross needs to take complete control of this. He has already apologized to Clevenger. Ross needs to make the hire himself as soon as possible.