Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt 20 Middleboro 0
Take away a couple post routes that is predetermined where your going with the ball before the snap and some of them screens to wheels turner which is predetermined and how many yards you have them nobull? What I’m saying is he’s not suited for taking a snap and reading the defense and making a decision after the initial receiver is covered. Not bashing him as he doesn’t have the experience yet and he may get more comfortable and develop that in the future.
(10-02-2022, 02:02 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Take away a couple post routes that is predetermined where your going with the ball before the snap and some of them screens to wheels turner which is predetermined and how many yards you have them nobull? What I’m saying is he’s not suited for taking a snap and reading the defense and making a decision after the initial receiver is covered. Not bashing him as he doesn’t have the experience yet and he may get more comfortable and develop that in the future.
350 yards passing is 350 passing lol, do you not want those pass plays to count? Go watch any other high school game, 99% of quarterbacks do the same procedures. Go back and watch the games over again and see the plays where he scrambles around and finds an open receiver. Your posts in this thread have some pretty bad analysis and opinions
(10-02-2022, 02:02 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Take away a couple post routes that is predetermined where your going with the ball before the snap and some of them screens to wheels turner which is predetermined and how many yards you have them nobull? What I’m saying is he’s not suited for taking a snap and reading the defense and making a decision after the initial receiver is covered. Not bashing him as he doesn’t have the experience yet and he may get more comfortable and develop that in the future.
You still have to read the safety while throwing a post and if it isn’t there check down. That’s not a predetermined throw. You can look at the defense before the play and have a good idea where it’s going but it doesn’t always work like that. Yes wheels had 116 yards and a screen is a predetermined pass. I’m just saying he goes through his reads pretty well and doesn’t always go for the home run. I’m not knocking the run game at all. I thought if they went wishbone the whole game they probably would have won 35-0. Gibson is a hard nosed runner and really impressed me along with O-Line and Hoskins blocking.
You have your opinion and I have mine. Just remember if breathitt ever has to rely on the pass to win the game then we are beat. He’s not a pocket reading passer, but what QBs are in highschool tho. Not knocking the kid he’s doing a fine job,
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mountainparkway's post:
  • Nobull Sports
(10-02-2022, 03:42 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: You have your opinion and I have mine. Just remember if breathitt ever has to rely on the pass to win the game then we are beat. He’s not a pocket reading passer, but what QBs are in highschool tho. Not knocking the kid he’s doing a fine job,
That’s right brother. I think a balanced attack will help Breathitt in the playoffs. I do like running the ball under center and maybe doing a little play action. Honestly all depends on what the defense is doing. Stacking the box and what not but teams will force them to throw and I think they will be fine with both attacks.
We’re also not gonna beat the good teams by relying on the run, passing was the only offense we had against letcher and parts of the perry game. Gonna have to get a mixture of both to make a run. As much as I like the wishbone and power run the powers of 2a will obliterate it. Play calling is where we need the biggest improvement
(10-02-2022, 04:19 PM)Bobcatfan34 Wrote: We’re also not gonna beat the good teams by relying on the run, passing was the only offense we had against letcher and parts of the perry game.  Gonna have to get a mixture of both to make a run. As much as I like the wishbone  and power run the powers of 2a will obliterate it.  Play calling is where we need the biggest improvement

I think the 2a powers like Mayfield, Beechwood and a healthy Lex Christian would obliterate anything we throw at them this year.

In a couple years I'm not so sure. Belfry runs the ball 99.9% of the time and have had a pretty good run these last 20 years. 

You have to match your offense to the personnel you have. That big offensive line, the lead blocking of Tolson and Hoskins and the power running of Gibson, Bowling and Combs gives them the best chance to win this year and in foreseeable future
[-] The following 1 user Likes wolfcat's post:
  • jlow
(10-02-2022, 07:25 PM)wolfcat Wrote:
(10-02-2022, 04:19 PM)Bobcatfan34 Wrote: We’re also not gonna beat the good teams by relying on the run, passing was the only offense we had against letcher and parts of the perry game.  Gonna have to get a mixture of both to make a run. As much as I like the wishbone  and power run the powers of 2a will obliterate it.  Play calling is where we need the biggest improvement

I think the 2a powers like Mayfield, Beechwood and a healthy Lex Christian would obliterate anything we throw at them this year.

In a couple years I'm not so sure. Belfry runs the ball 99.9% of the time and have had a pretty good run these last 20 years. 

You have to match your offense to the personnel you have. That big offensive line, the lead blocking of Tolson and Hoskins and the power running of Gibson, Bowling and Combs gives them the best chance to win this year and in foreseeable future
I agree 100% but we have the personnel to do both, we’ve had 300+ yard passing games and monster running games like we seen Friday. Our power run dominated Middlesboro and hazard but their o and d lines were small and easy to push around. Then with letcher and perry they had strong o lines and we struggled to run the ball. Mix the run and pass cause we can’t make a run doing solely one or the other. Belfry also has had multiple d1 lineman and  a mr football at running back so that helps
All the wishbone package needs is:

Belly Counter
Pass 26 Throwback
30 Trap
Pass 22 Bootleg at 9.

Keep both styles and add a few new things each week.
(10-02-2022, 08:20 PM)Bobcatfan34 Wrote:
(10-02-2022, 07:25 PM)wolfcat Wrote:

I agree 100% but we have the personnel to do both, we’ve had 300+ yard passing games and monster running games like we seen Friday. Our power run dominated Middlesboro and hazard but their o and d lines were small and easy to push around. Then with letcher and perry they had strong o lines and we struggled to run the ball. Mix the run and pass cause we can’t make a run doing solely one or the other. Belfry also has had multiple d1 lineman and  a mr football at running back so that helps

To be honest we never really tried to establish the run against those teams. The 1 time against Letcher we lined up in the wishbone was when we stopped them at the 1 yard line. We lined up and ran right at them and moved the ball well out go about the 30. The what happens here comes spread personnel and drive stalls. The teams we did well passing the ball against have been sub par.
In the link below is the coverage of this game. Check it out and leave your thoughts

https://t.co/Xa6TmwZ72R

If that link doesn’t work check us at on Twitter in the link below

https://twitter.com/nobullsportstlk/status/1577700544394792961?s=46&t=N35bESuiGInn5KxRy1MXdw