Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Breathitt 20 Middleboro 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final from Jackson.

Complete win for the Bobcats. Defense was great Middleboro couldn't get anything going all night. It was 7-0 at the half but in the 2nd the Bobcats' power running took control.

Remember this name Jayden Gibson #9. He's just a freshman but is a stud out of the backfield. The 1st guy could not bring him down. Kid is gonna be special.
Breathitt also starts 2 freshmen at guard that are going to be getting D1 offers before too much longer.

Breathitt is young but talented. On offense they had as many as 7 freshmen and sophomores on field.
IF they can develop a QB or get a transfer in this team will be legit title contenders in 24 and 25.
Congratulations Breathitt County!
Did Grigsby play for middlesboro?
I think Boro completed nine passes but for only like 60 yards or less.

Breathitt does need to scrap the Rugby punt or put more work into it; and clean up some special teams play. However, they are young and coming off two losses to larger schools; they played hard tonight, and kids seemed to be developing a lot of chemistry and excitement.
(09-30-2022, 10:34 PM)wolfcat Wrote: [ -> ]Final from Jackson.

Complete win for the Bobcats. Defense was great Middleboro couldn't get anything going all night. It was 7-0 at the half but in the 2nd the Bobcats' power running took control.

Remember this name Jayden Gibson #9. He's just a freshman but is a stud out of the backfield. The 1st guy could not bring him down. Kid is gonna be special.
Breathitt also starts 2 freshmen at guard that are going to be getting D1 offers before too much longer.

Breathitt is young  but talented. On offense they had as many as 7 freshmen and sophomores on field.
IF they can develop a QB or get a transfer in this team will be legit title contenders in 24 and 25.

come playoff time you remember the name cayden grigsby bc he didnt play tonight thats why mboro couldnt get anything going but he will be ready then

(09-30-2022, 11:50 PM)Ole-glory Wrote: [ -> ]Did Grigsby play for middlesboro?

no or mboro would have won
Boro is too soft in the middle; unless, this kid you speak of is an interior lineman or MB….once Breathitt reviews the film and sees…”all we have to do is run between the tackles- nothing else matters.
(10-01-2022, 12:41 AM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]Boro is too soft in the middle; unless, this kid you speak of is an interior lineman or MB….once Breathitt reviews the film and sees…”all we have to do is run between the tackles- nothing else matters.
Breathitt controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. I wish their quarterback would've played also to remove that excuse. They might have scored? And then Breathitt might have had to throw the ball. I think they attempted one pass over 5 yards. Could have beat them a lot worse tonight.
Why didn't middleboro QB play this game?
(10-01-2022, 12:46 AM)Slim one Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2022, 12:41 AM)ROTC Wrote: [ -> ]Boro is too soft in the middle; unless, this kid you speak of is an interior lineman or MB….once Breathitt reviews the film and sees…”all we have to do is run between the tackles- nothing else matters.
Breathitt controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. I wish their quarterback would've played also to remove that excuse. They might have scored? And then Breathitt might have had to throw the ball. I think they attempted one pass over 5 yards. Could have beat them a lot worse tonight.
Terrible assessment. Bhs Would have possibly lost if they threw the ball more. Bryant threw a interception once without a receiver around. If bhs is forced to throw then they are beat. Breathitts best when they line up in the bone. Maybe throw in a play action from time to time on first and second down is about it. Bryant’s game isn’t shotgun scanning the field and making decisions at this time. He may get better with experience but he’s not there yet.
(09-30-2022, 11:50 PM)Ole-glory Wrote: [ -> ]Did Grigsby play for middlesboro?
No he did not. Their offense was non existent.
Should be a much closer matchup if he is healthy and they meet again

(10-01-2022, 07:23 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]
Terrible assessment. Bhs Would have possibly lost if they threw the ball more. Bryant threw a interception once without a receiver around. If bhs is forced to throw then they are beat. Breathitts best when they line up in the bone. Maybe throw in a play action from time to time on first and second down is about it. Bryant’s game isn’t shotgun scanning the field and making decisions at this time. He may get better with experience but he’s not there yet.
I agree that Breathitt is best when they line up and run right at you. I liked the new look they had in the spread with Hoskins as an upback. He made some really good blocks out of that formation. I still think lining up in wishbone is Breathitt's best option. It gets the most talent on the field and takes advantage of the strength of this offense which is the interior 3 of their oline. I would split Sperry out wide. If they stack the box which they must Sperry can get some 1 on 1 looks on the outside.
No assessment just an observation. You criticize Bryant for an int that looked like a miscommunication on a timing pattern. It happens at all levels. Nobody said anything about being forced to pass, that's usually a playing from behind situation. A lot of people think that tossing the ball down field a couple times actually stretches the defense a little and enhances the run game. With freshman Gibson picking up close to 300 yards on the ground it wasn't  a factor last night but will be necessary with a better opponent.
I didnt realize Cayden Grigsby didn't play.  I didn't get to see the game just found out score this morning.  Not saying Breathitt still would have won but he is Middlesboros best player and it changes everything especially on offense.  That explains the shutout.
Hoping that MBoro exacts some revenge in a few weeks.
(10-01-2022, 10:38 AM)Slim one Wrote: [ -> ]
No assessment just an observation. You criticize Bryant for an int that looked like a miscommunication on a timing pattern. It happens at all levels. Nobody said anything about being forced to pass, that's usually a playing from behind situation. A lot of people think that tossing the ball down field a couple times actually stretches the defense a little and enhances the run game. With freshman Gibson picking up close to 300 yards on the ground it wasn't  a factor last night but will be necessary with a better opponent.
Timing pattern? You have no idea what your talking about. Timing patterns are like three step drops, slants, outs, hitches and stuff. This was a long pass flag pattern and he was actually scrambling to his left and threw it. There wasn’t a breathitt player in the vicinity. No timing pattern slim
It might be a more competitive game next time if there is a next time but unless Middlesboro makes some adjustments or personnel changes in the middle of that defense they will be in for a long night. Breathitt's o line controlled the game and Gibson broke tackles left and right.

If both Middlesboro and Breathitt go 1 and 2 in district then the number 2 seed would play probably Shelby Valley in round 2 at Shelby Valley. That could be a tough task for either team.
Breathitts defense was swarming last night. Gibson is tough. He’s already a beast can’t wait to see him progress. Who’s picked to win the district wolfcat? I agree bhs needs to mix in the bone more.
(10-01-2022, 12:15 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2022, 10:38 AM)Slim one Wrote: [ -> ]
Timing pattern? You have no idea what your talking about. Timing patterns are like three step drops, slants, outs, hitches and stuff. This was a long pass flag pattern and he was actually scrambling to his left and threw it. There wasn’t a breathitt player in the vicinity. No timing pattern slim
Does your husband always let you have the last word?
Haha I love it when a person can’t debate something and starts trying to belittle or get off subject with some crazy statement. Just admit I’m right or argue something educational about football lol
(10-01-2022, 01:22 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]Haha I love it when a person can’t debate something and starts trying to belittle or get off subject with some crazy statement. Just admit I’m right or argue something educational about football lol
Seriously? You get on here and make up your own reality to try in vain to make yourself look knowledgeable in all things sports.
Bryant wasn't scrambling. He took a two step drop and threw a 15 yard pass to an area on the field. That fits most peoples definition of a timing pass. So when you're "belittling" kids try to be accurate. It's on video.
Ok snowflake. Where did I try to belittle kids. Just saying pocket passing isn’t Bryant’s strong suit and he may develop into that with time. Quit trying to muster up support from fellow members lol. Wasn’t a timing route tho
Nice night on the riverbank last night. I'm glad I got to get out and enjoy another night of breathitt football. I think the Bobcats need to give Gibson more touches. I know hes only a freshman but he is tough. The defense was bend dont break gave up some plays but stopped them in the redzone from scoring when needed. I think the Bobcats run the table the rest of the regular season games.
Anyone have the stats for this game. I’d like to know how many rushing attempts Gibson had and yards.
Breathitt- move Sperry closer to the formation when you go wishbone and run PASS 26 Throwback twice a game on a deep fade route. Otherwise- keep pounding the rock, chewing up yards and clock, and play defense on offense. Go BOBCATS!
Yes, yes, and yes. That should be their offense. It will keep their defense fresh and the other teams offense off the field.
Coach Moore will keep figuring it out. These boys love each other and their coaches; future looks good for the Bobcats.
(10-01-2022, 08:43 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone have the stats for this game. I’d like to know how many rushing attempts Gibson had and yards.
Bluegrass sports nation reported 28 for 237. Don’t know if that’s official or not.
Nice. The bigs and big Bryce did a good job blocking. Keep it rocking
(10-01-2022, 12:32 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]Breathitts defense was swarming last night. Gibson is tough. He’s already a beast can’t wait to see him progress. Who’s picked to win the district wolfcat?  I agree bhs needs to mix in the bone more.
After the win Friday it's Breathitt's to lose. Morgan is awful and even though Leslie is improved some I don't see them as a real threat to Breathitt. 
I would have final standings as

Breathitt 3-0 in district
Middlesboro 2-1
Leslie 1-2
Morgan 0-3

Leslie plays at Middlesboro Friday. If Grigsby from Middlesboro is out again it shoud be a close game. If Grigsby is healthy and plays I see Middlesboro winning by 2 TDs.
Rumors coming from MHS says something up with Grigsby. May be changing schools? Dad not happy? Kid with no help? Hope there is nothing to it
(10-01-2022, 01:36 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]Ok snowflake. Where did I try to belittle kids. Just saying pocket passing isn’t Bryant’s strong suit and he may develop into that with time. Quit trying to muster up support from fellow members lol. Wasn’t a timing route tho
I don’t think you can say Bryant’s strong suit isn’t a pocket passer when he threw for 350 yards against Letcher while “in the pocket”. I agree that the wishbone worked well against Middlesboro with big Bryce Hoskins lead blocking and Gibson dominating on the ground. Line done great for BHS. Teams will most likely key in on this and they will have to have a more balanced game in the future.
Pages: 1 2