So the kids never came back
basketball101 Wrote:So the kids never came back

Nope
A bad situation
basketball101 Wrote:A bad situation
it is. Sad for all involved. School, team, kids and fans
Well looks like some folks ain’t gonna let it go
http://www.floydct.com/news/parents-ask-...a75e1.html
“I know that these eight boys are a number to you all, but these eight boys are our babies …"

:eyeroll:
Blacksmith Wrote:Well looks like some folks ain’t gonna let it go
http://www.floydct.com/news/parents-ask-...a75e1.html

“I have a outside witness with no ties to Floyd Central who’s willing to collaborate our story about what happened,” she said.

[Image: https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/orig...789999.jpg]
These eight kids are just quitters.
Brady Conn has transferred to Wesley Christian and will be playing with their national team. It was announced by Wesley Christian head coach David Meddings on his Facebook page.
How do I write a letter to someone explaining why I think that Parent is being vexing.
clipperw Wrote:Brady Conn has transferred to Wesley Christian and will be playing with their national team. It was announced by Wesley Christian head coach David Meddings on his Facebook page.

Good for him. Good player and it would have been a shame not to play his senior year.
clipperw Wrote:Brady Conn has transferred to Wesley Christian and will be playing with their national team. It was announced by Wesley Christian head coach David Meddings on his Facebook page.

Is this the same Wesley Christian national team that Johnson Central took to double overtime before losing in the preseason?
Westside Wrote:Is this the same Wesley Christian national team that Johnson Central took to double overtime before losing in the preseason?

I'd imagine.
It's a private school in Floyd County.
It’s good to see this kid get an opportunity to play basketball his senior year. I just hope he wasn’t the orchestrator of the team walkout because it seems unfair that for the other, less talented kids who won’t have this kind of opportunity.
Westside Wrote:Is this the same Wesley Christian national team that Johnson Central took to double overtime before losing in the preseason?

Yes it is.
Booger Branch Bandit Wrote:It’s good to see this kid get an opportunity to play basketball his senior year. I just hope he wasn’t the orchestrator of the team walkout because it seems unfair that for the other, less talented kids who won’t have this kind of opportunity.

Get everybody to quit then run and leave ship so he can play. Sounds about right and what typically happens with these situations. The perpetrator behind it all realizes “that was dumb I kinda miss sports, but I’ve created this mess for attention and can’t go back or I look stupid”. Kids shouldn’t have been soft in the first place.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Get everybody to quit then run and leave ship so he can play. Sounds about right and what typically happens with these situations. The perpetrator behind it all realizes “that was dumb I kinda miss sports, but I’ve created this mess for attention and can’t go back or I look stupid”. Kids shouldn’t have been soft in the first place.

I got a feeling your not a parent if you are I hope you don’t treat ur kids like u think other kids need to be treated and walked on.
As a parent of one of the “soft” boys as you grown men tend to find it cute to call them. We are extremely happy for Brady C to be getting the opportunity to play elsewhere, where he can show his talent without being ridiculed so for the “quit and run” comment. Don’t run your mouth unless you know what these boys actually think or feel!!
Merry Christmas Coach Spurlock.
Booger Branch Bandit Wrote:It’s good to see this kid get an opportunity to play basketball his senior year. I just hope he wasn’t the orchestrator of the team walkout because it seems unfair that for the other, less talented kids who won’t have this kind of opportunity.

Wesley has a National and a Local team. They can play for the local can't they? The others can transfer and play elsewhere next season.

Or maybe all the players felt the same way?

Regardless, the kids had their own choice to make.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Get everybody to quit then run and leave ship so he can play. Sounds about right and what typically happens with these situations. The perpetrator behind it all realizes “that was dumb I kinda miss sports, but I’ve created this mess for attention and can’t go back or I look stupid”. Kids shouldn’t have been soft in the first place.

Or maybe he wanted to have an actual senior year/earn a scholarship and this opportunity provided that for him?

He quit playing for the coach, he didn't quit basketball.

Perpetrator: a person who carries out a harmful, illegal, or immoral act.

Nice choice of words :thumpsup:
cadets1988 Wrote:These eight kids are just quitters.

From the looks of spelling and grammar in your past posts, it looks like you "quit" school or you "quit" taking school serious.
Ladies and gents, I'm shutting this one down.

Spurlock has served his suspension and things are business as usual (as close as possible) with Floyd Central basketball.

If something else happens with the coaching situation we can start a new thread. This one is useless at this point since half the new posts are mainly jabs at other posters because (gasp) they don't have the same opinion.

They'll also be ample opportunities to talk about this in FC game threads.

"This is why we can't have nice things."
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)