Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset @ Beechwood 08/31/18
pjdoug Wrote:Somerset has strong line play. If they can get any offense going they will be tough for anybody to beat.

I think PJDoug is right here, defensively I thank they are fine, I think they struggle offensively but by the end of the year they should be a lot better barring no bad injuries. I think it takes longer to get the offense tuned in
My question is will they give the Senior Alex Ham the keys of the sophomore keeps struggling?
bac2369 Wrote:My question is will they give the Senior Alex Ham the keys of the sophomore keeps struggling?

Sheron isn't struggling, he's played great actually. He throws a nice ball, is a strong runner and seems to have good control of the offense. He's just tried to thread the needle into double coverage a couple times, which as the competition amps up he won't be able to get away with. One of his two picks against Williamsburg wasn't necessarily a bad decision, the linebacker just made a great play on the ball. Hamm is there if we need him, and a capable option, but Sheron is a good QB who is only going to get better. I doubt there is any thought of replacing him yet.
RoShamBo Wrote:Sheron isn't struggling, he's played great actually. He throws a nice ball, is a strong runner and seems to have good control of the offense. He's just tried to thread the needle into double coverage a couple times, which as the competition amps up he won't be able to get away with. One of his two picks against Williamsburg wasn't necessarily a bad decision, the linebacker just made a great play on the ball. Hamm is there if we need him, and a capable option, but Sheron is a good QB who is only going to get better. I doubt there is any thought of replacing him yet.

And Alex is very good on defense. I don't think they want to lose him on that side of the ball if they don't have to. As it is he can be brought in as a change of pace if they want to pound the rock, he a nice runner as well.
Patriot1 Wrote:I think PJDoug is right here, defensively I thank they are fine, I think they struggle offensively but by the end of the year they should be a lot better barring no bad injuries. I think it takes longer to get the offense tuned in
For sure. They have a talented young quarterback, but he is still young and inexperienced. if they can get him going and get a decent running game Somerset will be tough for anybody to beat.
Seems this game was played on a rain soaked night last year? Does dry weather and the turf field benefit one team more than the other?
Beechwood low scoring game
Glory_Days Wrote:Seems this game was played on a rain soaked night last year? Does dry weather and the turf field benefit one team more than the other?

A dry field will give Beechwood a chance to utilize their speed, and a chance for Somerset to go on the road and see if they can stand tall on defense. If they can they'll have a real shot at making a run to Kroger Field.
Bunnies 21-20
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Somerset has played 2 games and scored 75 pts. I'd say their offense will be alright.
Briar Bunnies are about to head to the beer joint where they will be Beechwood aged
foozeballfanatic Wrote:Somerset has played 2 games and scored 75 pts. I'd say their offense will be alright.

Not disagreeing with you, but the defense has been responsible for at least 50 of those 75 points.
Somerset 21-17. This will be a hard fought victory.
Some rest has a dang good squad. This will be a hard fought game. Shout out to Somerset for going out and scheduling some top teams even if they’re 1A. They play Danville or Boyle co and hazard too coming up.!back to this game. I think it’s a tall order for the Jumpers to go to Beechwood and get a win. 21-20 beechwood
Beechwood will have to much speed an offense for these bunnies. The jumpers still have a good team. Just not state champ level
Would love to be at this game. Should be a battle and a back and forth game. I think Beechwood will pull away in the 4th and win by 10.
Not close: Beechnut 35 Somerset 7