Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset @ Beechwood 08/31/18
Thoughts and Predictions :popcorn:
Should be a great game. Bunnies by 3
Love to see Somerset win but believe Beechwood is to much especially at home 21 to 0 beeches
To the best of my recollection Somerset hasn't won a game in Northern Kentucky since 1983 vs Newport Central Catholic in 1983. Until they do I just can't pick them. Beechwood 17-7.
I dunno about this one. Somerset struggled to score on us in the scrimmage. But it was a scrimmage. Weird things happen in them. But I know beechwood is going to score points. I’m taking beechwood 34-21
Pulling for Somerset but I can’t see them winning..... Beechwood by 14.
Beechwood rolls. 35-7
Somerset 28-14
bigcat95 Wrote:Beechwood rolls. 35-7

Then you wake up from your dream.
Bunnies are strong defensively, but the young Qb. must settle in if the bunnies are to have a chance. The power run game looked good against Williamsburg after struggling with the passing game. The young gun at Qb. must stop throwing into double and triple coverage, he was picked at least twice and the first passing Td. was nearly picked. Once the ground game started gaining steam the passing game seemed to come to life for the bunnies. If and it's a big if the ground game clicks, the Jumpers by 3, If not, long trip home for the Jumpers.
If Beechwood is as good as everyone says and a lock to win Class A (they're not), this should be a blowout. Not going to pick a winner, to me this is the most intriguing game in the state.
SomeBunnyFan_10 Wrote:Bunnies are strong defensively, but the young Qb. must settle in if the bunnies are to have a chance. The power run game looked good against Williamsburg after struggling with the passing game. The young gun at Qb. must stop throwing into double and triple coverage, he was picked at least twice and the first passing Td. was nearly picked. Once the ground game started gaining steam the passing game seemed to come to life for the bunnies. If and it's a big if the ground game clicks, the Jumpers by 3, If not, long trip home for the Jumpers.

Agreed about Sheron. He's got a lot of talent for a Sophomore, but unfortunately is still making some Sophomore mistakes. A big thing that will help Sheron moving forward is when Grundy and him get their timing right.

Another big key for this game is Somerset's pass defense. The front 7 are solid, but Williamsburg kind of picked on the secondary last week. Either way I think this game will be low scoring. If Somerset can defend the pass and establish an offensive rhythm, I like the Jumpers 14-10. If not, I think the Tigers take it something to the tune of 24-7.
jetpilot Wrote:If Beechwood is as good as everyone says and a lock to win Class A (they're not), this should be a blowout. Not going to pick a winner, to me this is the most intriguing game in the state.

What are you basing this on? Beechwood breezed through 1A last year, Somerset wasn't as good as they are this year (my opinion, granted), and it wasn't a blowout then.
RoShamBo Wrote:What are you basing this on? Beechwood breezed through 1A last year, Somerset wasn't as good as they are this year (my opinion, granted), and it wasn't a blowout then.

My point was Beechwood has world-beater status this year. I didn't say it would be a blowout, it wouldn't be the most intriguing game in the the state to me if I thought it was going to be a blowout. I wish I could watch this game. Do you have a link to the Somerset radio station that will carry it?
Beechwood will be too much offensively for Somerset.

Beechwood 28
Somerset 17
jetpilot Wrote:My point was Beechwood has world-beater status this year. I didn't say it would be a blowout, it wouldn't be the most intriguing game in the the state to me if I thought it was going to be a blowout. I wish I could watch this game. Do you have a link to the Somerset radio station that will carry it?

It's 96.1 FM in Somerset.
RoShamBo Wrote:Agreed about Sheron. He's got a lot of talent for a Sophomore, but unfortunately is still making some Sophomore mistakes. A big thing that will help Sheron moving forward is when Grundy and him get their timing right.

Another big key for this game is Somerset's pass defense. The front 7 are solid, but Williamsburg kind of picked on the secondary last week. Either way I think this game will be low scoring. If Somerset can defend the pass and establish an offensive rhythm, I like the Jumpers 14-10. If not, I think the Tigers take it something to the tune of 24-7.

Grundy left the game vs. Williamsburg. I'd say his status for this one is going to be in question. He definitely presents a different look if he plays.
Walt Longmire Wrote:It's 96.1 FM in Somerset.

Thanks!
🤣
pjdoug Wrote:Then you wake up from your dream.

If I had even odds and had to bet. I’m with him, that score is more likely to me at 50/50 odds.
Good luck with the buckeyes :ref2::ref2: last year when Corbin played them it was something like 21/1 flags against Corbin.......With that said

Beechwood 35
Somerset 21
jetpilot Wrote:My point was Beechwood has world-beater status this year. I didn't say it would be a blowout, it wouldn't be the most intriguing game in the the state to me if I thought it was going to be a blowout. I wish I could watch this game. Do you have a link to the Somerset radio station that will carry it?

Gotcha. I guess the way I read it the first time I thought you were implying that Somerset wasn't on tier with the top 1A teams, which based on last year's results and the returning players, I dont think is the case. But I have to say that us getting beat by two TDs or more wouldn't necessarily surprise me. Northern Kentucky has not been friendly to the Jumpers over the past 15 years or so.

To your point though, based on what has unfolded so far this season, I definitely don't think Beechwood is the clear favorite in 1A like they were like last year. Pikeville, Raceland and maybe even Hazard all appear to have teams that can compete with Beechwood.
I'm going with Somerset 20-14.
I find this game very intriguing. I have heard a lot of good things about this Somerset team. This game will tell us a lot about them. Playing at Beechwood is going to be tough. I'll take the Tigers.
Bunnies - 20
Beechies - 17
If Somerset wants to be a true contender in 2A then they need to win this game. I'm pulling for the Jumpers.
Beechwood wins by 2 TD's.
64SUR Wrote:Good luck with the buckeyes :ref2::ref2: last year when Corbin played them it was something like 21/1 flags against Corbin.......With that said

Beechwood 35
Somerset 21

A buckeye is a worthless nut.
Hound05 Wrote:If I had even odds and had to bet. I’m with him, that score is more likely to me at 50/50 odds.
I'll be glad to bet that they wont run the score up on Somerset.
Westside Wrote:I find this game very intriguing. I have heard a lot of good things about this Somerset team. This game will tell us a lot about them. Playing at Beechwood is going to be tough. I'll take the Tigers.

Somerset has strong line play. If they can get any offense going they will be tough for anybody to beat.