Poll: Paintsville vs Bourbon Co
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paintsville
84.62%
Bourbon County
15.38%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1A Paintsville @ 4A Bourbon Co. 9-23
Orange Blaze Wrote:I've seen some film on Paintsville and they are looking pretty good. They seem to have more diversity on the offensive side of the ball this year and I think the quarterback play comes into that a lot. Kash was more suited for defense and the quarterback they have now is more of a pure quarterback than Kash was. Based on the film I've seen on Bourbon County they look like they have some size up front but they don't stick their blocks very well which is something you can't do against a good team like Paintsville. Bourbon also looked lost at times and seems to have to problems lining up. I also don't think they have the speed to keep up with Paintsville.

Obviously I am a little biased but based off of the film that I have watched Paintsville and Raceland look very equal and they both play very similar styles of football. The game between those two in October should be a good one. As long as everyone stays healthy I think it will be hard to pick a clear cut favorite in that game and I don't think either team is head over shoulders better than the other. As far as the game this week goes as long as they stay focused Paintsville wins this one big.

Paintsville 42
Bourbon Co 13

Well said! I agree! I'm the worst for looking ahead to the Raceland game when I know anything can happen between now and then but if Raceland and Paintsville stays healthy and focused and takes it one game at a time, when they meet next month it's shaping up to be a tremendous game! 2 1A programs in a battle that may be the team that strikes last in a high scoring game or a game that Defense rules on both sides making it hard to move the ball! Either way It's gonna be good!
I chatted with a man "in the proverbial loop" in the Tiger camp, and their star tailback is cleared to play by his physicians. However, the number of snaps in which he participates in a regular season non-district game is entirely up to his coaches (obviously). I would say, if it were my call, he would be suited up, yet on stand by until necessary in this week's contest. JMO
Paintsville - 34

Bourbon County - 14
Tigers should take this one rather handily but if Phelps doesn't play it could get dicey
[quote=Frank Dux]Bourbon is horrible and if you want to beat your chest on a middle school caliber team go ahead. Wonder who they will schedule next year Carl D. Perkins Rehab? Surprised the Paintsville Golden Eagles don't have Type 2 diabetes from all the cupcakes the past two years.[/QU
Are you a Johnson Central fan ?
big dawg, small yard Wrote:didn't say he was out nor did i try to be nosey and listen to what they talked about. I just simply said he was there and heard him say he couldn't raise his arm shoulder level and was asking could they they still win without him is all

However, you did say his name and that he was there. You really should shut up and worry about your child. Not to mention that you just committed a HIPPA Violation by doing so. Good Luck in court.:flush:
Just talked to Kent phelps neighbor and phelps was playing ball yesterday so apparently he will be good to go Friday
big dawg, small yard Wrote:Just talked to Kent phelps neighbor and phelps was playing ball yesterday so apparently he will be good to go Friday

Even if he is good to go I would rest him and make sure he is 100% IMO. Unless there is nothing at all wrong.
Im new and having problems starting a thread, but thought it was interesting that Paintsville JV had a good showing @belfry JV. 22-20 BELFRY
Mountian Man Wrote:Im new and having problems starting a thread, but thought it was interesting that Paintsville JV had a good showing @belfry JV. 22-20 BELFRY

Exciting things happening with Paintsvilles program indeed
Mountian Man Wrote:Even if he is good to go I would rest him and make sure he is 100% IMO. Unless there is nothing at all wrong.

I agree if he isn't needed I wouldn't play him no need taking risky chances in non district games
Paintsville 28
Bourbon 22
Mountian Man Wrote:Maybe the Tigers will schedule Harlan co next year. Or maybe they get a few West Virginia teams to come and play.

Or maybe some 9 man football team from Canada..... :lame:
Looks like everyone will be healthy and ready to go for tomorrow nights game in Bourbon!
big dawg, small yard Wrote:Just talked to Kent phelps neighbor and phelps was playing ball yesterday so apparently he will be good to go Friday

SERIOUSLY ! Who was this neighbor.....??? You really should worry about your son, his team and his visits to black n blue clinic. So, small ball - big yard Confusedhh:Confusedhh:Confusedhh:
Paintsville - 14

Bourbon County - 20
Game day!!!
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Game day!!!

I heard the Tigers might be without the starting center and star RB tonight. Any truth to this?
Curious ?? I know paintsville has some other RB , but who is the next standout RB in waiting?
We have another Phelps, who is a freshman, and junior Dalton Daniels to step in for Kent if he doesn't play tonight.
Paintsville should be ok with depth in that area with the athletes that they have. That Alex Spencer kid runs pretty hard too
Spencer and Daniels run the ball well plus it's nice having an extra Phelps in the stables who's been getting a good amount of playing time despite being young! Very talented player! With the number of athletes on this team the adjustment can be made if decided to rest KP before District play! Guess we'll see in a few hours! Hit em' HARD TIGERS!!
Sure wish Belfry had not been playing KC tonight...I would definitely like to take the 15 minute trip to Paris for this one..

Good Luck Tigers!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:Sure wish Belfry had not been playing KC tonight...I would definitely like to take the 15 minute trip to Paris for this one..

Good Luck Tigers!

I'll be there BP, but man that Knox Cath will be a monster game best to the Pirates and go Tigers !
BelfryPride Wrote:Sure wish Belfry had not been playing KC tonight...I would definitely like to take the 15 minute trip to Paris for this one..

Good Luck Tigers!

Good luck to the Pirates tonight in TN!
Not looking good. We came out flat to start the game, and now with 1:30 to go in the 2nd, we're still as flat as can be.