Poll: Paintsville vs Bourbon Co
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paintsville
84.62%
Bourbon County
15.38%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1A Paintsville @ 4A Bourbon Co. 9-23
Predictions?
Paintsville 48
Bourbon Co 26
Paintsville big.
Should be a good game for Paintsville playing up in class. Confusedinglepar

Paintsville 35
Bourbon County 14
^^^for the first time this year!Then at that it's.... Bourbon County ???
Paintsville 28
Bourbon County 21
64SUR Wrote:Should be a good game for Paintsville playing up in class. Confusedinglepar

Paintsville 35
Bourbon County 14

Bourbon is horrible and if you want to beat your chest on a middle school caliber team go ahead. Wonder who they will schedule next year Carl D. Perkins Rehab? Surprised the Paintsville Golden Eagles don't have Type 2 diabetes from all the cupcakes the past two years.
Frank Dux Wrote:Bourbon is horrible and if you want to beat your chest on a middle school caliber team go ahead. Wonder who they will schedule next year Carl D. Perkins Rehab? Surprised the Paintsville Golden Eagles don't have Type 2 diabetes from all the cupcakes the past two years.

Maybe the Tigers will schedule Harlan co next year. Or maybe they get a few West Virginia teams to come and play.
In Paintwvilles defense, when these contracts were signed, much like Raceland's schedule, on paper and in name look tough. Fact of the matter is they ended up being down years for many last year and this year. It is what it is. Its not like JC has played rip roaring top of the line teams each and every week. Bunch of homeschooled kids from Canada i believe a few years ago. Teams play who they play.
Tigers by 20
Frank Dux Wrote:Bourbon is horrible and if you want to beat your chest on a middle school caliber team go ahead. Wonder who they will schedule next year Carl D. Perkins Rehab? Surprised the Paintsville Golden Eagles don't have Type 2 diabetes from all the cupcakes the past two years.

^^^ this guy!!! SMH. Actually yes we just signed a 4 year contract with Carl D Perkins Rehabilitation Center! It wasn't supposed to be made public yet though so good job letting the cat outta the bag there Frank!!!
RAMDAD50 Wrote:^^^for the first time this year!Then at that it's.... Bourbon County ???

Oh so your saying not near as strong as 4A East Carter? I sure hope so!
Paintsville- 42
Bourbon- 21
wonder if they can still beat bourbon co without kent phelps?
big dawg, small yard Wrote:wonder if they can still beat bourbon co without kent phelps?

What is his injury?
big dawg, small yard Wrote:wonder if they can still beat bourbon co without kent phelps?

Kent is fine
Phelps looked real good on Friday. Played up to them subbing down. Nothing to be seen there.
Old Ball Coach Wrote:What is his injury?

he was at black and blue clinic with a hurt shoulder seemed to be hurting quiet a bit
Redneck Wrote:Kent is fine

he was not able to lift his right arm shoulder level saturday when he was at the black an blue clinic
big dawg, small yard Wrote:he was not able to lift his right arm shoulder level saturday when he was at the black an blue clinic

Were you there?

Phelps Is fine and to answer your question above yes even "IF" Phelps were to decide to rest this Friday ( which he will be ready) I'm sure the Tigers would be just fine! Did you not see the passing game in Williamsburg? Last years team was good but this years team is way more balanced! They've not had to deal with expecting so much out of 1 player!
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Oh so your saying not near as strong as 4A East Carter? I sure hope so!

East Carter is a District game for JC. :welcome:
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Redneck Wrote:Were you there?

yes i had my son there for his knee he hurt friday night. saw a few players there from friday night i was thinking damn everybody had rough games last night
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Phelps Is fine and to answer your question above yes even "IF" Phelps were to decide to rest this Friday ( which he will be ready) I'm sure the Tigers would be just fine! Did you not see the passing game in Williamsburg? Last years team was good but this years team is way more balanced! They've not had to deal with expecting so much out of 1 player!

i hope he is fine i hate to see any kid hurt regardless who it is rather it be someone our team plays or someone from a mountain team. I love to see teams in the mountains go the distance and shine down state kent phelps is a great athlete and love to see him and the tigers get to state. good luck to him and the tigers on their season
big dawg, small yard Wrote:yes i had my son there for his knee he hurt friday night. saw a few players there from friday night i was thinking damn everybody had rough games last night

If you were there then you should know that Royalty told Kent he could play this week. He took a hit on a reception, then finished the drive. Woke up sore like most players do after a hard hitting game, took precaution and had it checked out. If Kent doesn't play Friday night it will be because the coaches decided to rest him.
Paintsville big
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pulp Fiction Wrote:East Carter is a District game for JC. :welcome:

Pretty sure bluebird96 was directing his post towards Ramdad50 post. Assuming Ramdad is Raceland fan and they played east.
Redneck Wrote:If you were there then you should know that Royalty told Kent he could play this week. He took a hit on a reception, then finished the drive. Woke up sore like most players do after a hard hitting game, took precaution and had it checked out. If Kent doesn't play Friday night it will be because the coaches decided to rest him.

didn't say he was out nor did i try to be nosey and listen to what they talked about. I just simply said he was there and heard him say he couldn't raise his arm shoulder level and was asking could they they still win without him is all
I've seen some film on Paintsville and they are looking pretty good. They seem to have more diversity on the offensive side of the ball this year and I think the quarterback play comes into that a lot. Kash was more suited for defense and the quarterback they have now is more of a pure quarterback than Kash was. Based on the film I've seen on Bourbon County they look like they have some size up front but they don't stick their blocks very well which is something you can't do against a good team like Paintsville. Bourbon also looked lost at times and seems to have to problems lining up. I also don't think they have the speed to keep up with Paintsville.

Obviously I am a little biased but based off of the film that I have watched Paintsville and Raceland look very equal and they both play very similar styles of football. The game between those two in October should be a good one. As long as everyone stays healthy I think it will be hard to pick a clear cut favorite in that game and I don't think either team is head over shoulders better than the other. As far as the game this week goes as long as they stay focused Paintsville wins this one big.

Paintsville 42
Bourbon Co 13
38 to 14 paintsville with the win