Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin 71 Shelby valley 56
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:from what ive read for the most part magoffin is never on their A game is it this or is it that we are putting to much hype on them...the are my fav to win the region on the otherhand
alot of hype is put on them i agree i think they will repeat but tonight Ashley Hall played rather well for just getting out of the hospital around noon today and Ashley Howard has a really bad looking foot and played well they played really good defense tonight but didnt take good care of the ball they are doing rather well 2 big wins in the last 3 days they are playing well just a little sick and banked up i dont see any problems they shared the ball extremly well Ashley Jade was really looking to get everyone involved was a good game they have been playing really good defense latly they have been focusing on it alot in practice they have been used to just outscoring everyone and they are realising if they want to repeat the defense is going to have to get better SORRY FOR NO PUNCUATION this might be the worlds longest sentence
The Fan Wrote:alot of hype is put on them i agree i think they will repeat but tonight Ashley Hall played rather well for just getting out of the hospital around noon today and Ashley Howard has a really bad looking foot and played well they played really good defense tonight but didnt take good care of the ball they are doing rather well 2 big wins in the last 3 days they are playing well just a little sick and banked up i dont see any problems they shared the ball extremly well Ashley Jade was really looking to get everyone involved was a good game they have been playing really good defense latly they have been focusing on it alot in practice they have been used to just outscoring everyone and they are realising if they want to repeat the defense is going to have to get better SORRY FOR NO PUNCUATION this might be the worlds longest sentence

yeah playing defence helps lol...and yes i think that may be one of the longest sentences every lol and u didnt even end it with a period its alright though lol...
I expected this game to be a lot closer, but neither team played real well. Magoffin made a lot of foolish passes right into the hands of Valley, and Valley wasn't in it all that much either. The first half they kinda just waited around for someone else to do something and the second half Valley played no defense...they left gaps everywhere. Girls, you can beat this team, just keep your head up, tonight was just practice, it lets you know what you have to work on. But just for a side note...Sally you did good, you hustled more than anyone on that floor. Laura, way to keep your head up and go to the basket. Esther, nice three ball you got these days, watch that spin move when they are doubling up on you, they strip it every time. Kayla Cantrell, you have got to shoot the ball when you are open, don't get down on yourself, just keep shooting. Good game girls...
It really was an exciting game to watch. And surprisingly, I don't have anything bad to say about the refs. I figured we'd get killed on MC's court. They did ignore a lot of beating and elbowing, but they let the girls play and that's all you can ask for. Magoffin County is a really good ball club and coached very well. It was hard to watch Valley play less than their best though. About 2 of them showed up with their heads in the game. But you gotta hand it to MC - they made Valley play sloppy. I'm surely glad this wasn't the regional tournament. MC was better than Valley last night, but I say the next game will be much, much closer. And yes, I do believe they will play again before this year is over.
Congrats Magoffin! Magoffin played good defense that caused some problems for Valley. Magoffin just wanted it more. SV usually plays good team defense, but they didn't last night.
Congrats MC...Magoffin played great team basketball... it really frustrated the Valley girls when they would play such tight deffense...MC a great ball team with good athletes but valley matches up just as equal..i agree with hootie i feel magoffin just wanted it more last night....both teams have tough schedules which will help them in the long run....
I didn't get to see the game but i heard it was good! but congrats to mc and valley girls good luck with your future games that is still a excellent record and you have many more games!
all-or-nothing Wrote:MC was better than Valley last night, but I say the next game will be much, much closer. And yes, I do believe they will play again before this year is over.
Magoffin is a better all around team period. Not saying Valley is a bad team cause they are a very good team. The difference between Magoffin and Valley is that Valley is a good team and Magoffin is a GREAT team. No disrespect to Valley, but I believe we all will see an all 57th District 15 Regional Championship game between Magoffin and Johnson Central. So I don't believe these teams will meet again this year unless the brackets match them up in the second round. Just my opinion and Everyone has one.
maxhornet Wrote:Gonna go out on a limb here.. MC will be going to the state to represent the 15th. region.. I for will be there cheering them on..:letsparty
I'll be there with you!