Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle County 2016
diceman Wrote:improvement, I hope your kidding. The coaching staff has done nothing to improve this team. We won 5 games last year with the same kids we had back from 2 straight years. fans and parents are fed up with everything that goes on with the program. its a total mess

I think you are being a little harsh. The Rockets were one bad special teams play away from winning the region and playing in the semi finals. They had a tough schedule, which in hindsight was a good move as it helped them make a deep run in the playoffs.

Rock is my pick for district and region.
The Cross Movement Wrote:I think you are being a little harsh. The Rockets were one bad special teams play away from winning the region and playing in the semi finals. They had a tough schedule, which in hindsight was a good move as it helped them make a deep run in the playoffs.

A deep run is not gettin beat in 2nd round of playoffs

we beat south laurel, clay co , russell co, lincoln co which had about 8 wins total together

got hammered at knox and if you was there like me, i really mean hammered and it didnt help with stupid play calling
If we don't win the dist this year what should be done with the program. This is the group we have always been hearing about and waiting for.
diceman Wrote:Maybe
its a sad sight at games at the rock nowdays, no one there and no one cares, people in community that remember the good years say they dont even go to games because its not the same. we have to have the ugliest uniforms in the state, gray pants and all. players i talk to are fed up with the coaches and lack of anyone caring and getting blamed for losses by certain coaches and its not getting any better or going to get better. even the biggest supporters hate whats going on there

I know how you feel. it's frustrating.
The Cross Movement Wrote:I think you are being a little harsh. The Rockets were one bad special teams play away from winning the region and playing in the semi finals. They had a tough schedule, which in hindsight was a good move as it helped them make a deep run in the playoffs.

I cant see that happening.
pjdoug Wrote:I cant see that happening.

If they ever have a chance its this year. We play both Wayne and Knox at home.
We have almost whole team back.
If we dont have success this year the whole staff needs fired and start all over with someone new.
Parents and community are tired of what what the program is.
diceman Wrote:A deep run is not gettin beat in 2nd round of playoffs

we beat south laurel, clay co , russell co, lincoln co which had about 8 wins total together

got hammered at knox and if you was there like me, i really mean hammered and it didnt help with stupid play calling

What I meant to say is they were every bit as good as Wayne whom they lost in the second round to due to a special teams miscue on the road. Wayne played in the semi's.
So does anyone know the scrimmages yet or when they are.
Well the group everyone has been waiting on is now officially SRS. Lets see what the coaching staff can do with them. The group has been very successful until they got to HS.
I do not think I am being unrealistic in thinking that Rock can win District and Region. Other than that, we will see.
It may become bulletin board material but I'm still going to predict wins and losses. I believe the boys will be good enough to back me up Big Grin (I will put the wins in bold font)

Aug 26, 16 Bourbon County @ Danville
(Look out for #21 for Bourbon, he is a heck of a player and will only be a Junior this year. Yikes! )
Sep 2, 16 South Laurel home
Sep 9, 16 Garrard County home
(This is a toss-up for me but they return Foley. The dual threat QB is gone but I reserve the right to amend my answer once I determine how much of that gargantuan offense line returned. I believe they only had 7 Seniors to graduate. Thankfully the QB and McCollum were two of them)
Sep 16, 16 Pulaski County away
(I will still mark this as a loss. However, the QB graduated as well as their 2nd and 3rd leading rushers, their 2nd & 3rd leading receiver, their kicker, as well as their two leading tacklers. Their ridiculously good #1 receiver is returning and he will be the best player on the field so I mark this as a loss.)
Sep 23, 16 Somerset home
(This was the most heartbreaking regular season game for me in that it was a 1 point loss. However, Somerset's QB has graduated, Rock should have won that game last year, and Rock returns essentially everyone. Therefore, I take Rock for the win.)
Sep 30, 16 Wayne County home
(I think that Rockcastle County matched up well with a highly talented Wayne County team last season and will do so again this season. I think WC should be the favorite but this game is at Rock and Rock will walk away with a close win.)
Oct 7, 16 Russell County away
Oct 14, 16 Clay County away
Oct 21, 16 Knox Central home
(My heart says yes but my head says no. Knox probably wins again. Sad )
Oct 28, 16 Lincoln County away

With me being relatively conservative, I give them a 7-3 record. I dug through and cannot fathom a record worse than 6-4. I honestly do not believe that there is a "for-sure-loss" on the schedule anywhere. If the line has beefed up and everyone is 100% healthy, (Was Rock ever at full-strength last season?) I truly believe Rock can win District and Region.
^^^^
IMO that's about right

I don't see anyway we can't win 7 or more since some of the teams are down ad we got all back

If we finish like last year we need a change
LWC Wrote:It may become bulletin board material but I'm still going to predict wins and losses. I believe the boys will be good enough to back me up Big Grin (I will put the wins in bold font)

Aug 26, 16 Bourbon County @ Danville
(Look out for #21 for Bourbon, he is a heck of a player and will only be a Junior this year. Yikes! )
Sep 2, 16 South Laurel home
Sep 9, 16 Garrard County home
(This is a toss-up for me but they return Foley. The dual threat QB is gone but I reserve the right to amend my answer once I determine how much of that gargantuan offense line returned. I believe they only had 7 Seniors to graduate. Thankfully the QB and McCollum were two of them)
Sep 16, 16 Pulaski County away
(I will still mark this as a loss. However, the QB graduated as well as their 2nd and 3rd leading rushers, their 2nd & 3rd leading receiver, their kicker, as well as their two leading tacklers. Their ridiculously good #1 receiver is returning and he will be the best player on the field so I mark this as a loss.)
Sep 23, 16 [B]Somerset home
(This was the most heartbreaking regular season game for me in that it was a 1 point loss. However, Somerset's QB has graduated, Rock should have won that game last year, and Rock returns essentially everyone. Therefore, I take Rock for the win.)[/B]
Sep 30, 16 Wayne County home
(I think that Rockcastle County matched up well with a highly talented Wayne County team last season and will do so again this season. I think WC should be the favorite but this game is at Rock and Rock will walk away with a close win.)
Oct 7, 16 Russell County away
Oct 14, 16 Clay County away
Oct 21, 16 Knox Central home
(My heart says yes but my head says no. Knox probably wins again. Sad )
Oct 28, 16 Lincoln County away

With me being relatively conservative, I give them a 7-3 record. I dug through and cannot fathom a record worse than 6-4. I honestly do not believe that there is a "for-sure-loss" on the schedule anywhere. If the line has beefed up and everyone is 100% healthy, (Was Rock ever at full-strength last season?) I truly believe Rock can win District and Region.

No. Somerset returns everyone with the exception of said quarterback. The game was played in a mud bowl which favored Rock and Rock STILL lost. Had the Jumpers been granted a dry night (I know its football and it is played in all types of weather conditions) they would have likely scored at will against Rock who struggled to defend the pass. Considering this a for sure win is, at the very least, ridiculous.
JumperPride1 Wrote:No. Somerset returns everyone with the exception of said quarterback. The game was played in a mud bowl which favored Rock and Rock STILL lost. Had the Jumpers been granted a dry night (I know its football and it is played in all types of weather conditions) they would have likely scored at will against Rock who struggled to defend the pass. Considering this a for sure win is, at the very least, ridiculous.

To be fair, I did not claim that this was a blowout win. However, to act as if Rock has no chance is unfair as well. You seem to be indicating that Rock has no chance? Do you think Somerset wins a blowout?
LWC Wrote:To be fair, I did not claim that this was a blowout win. However, to act as if Rock has no chance is unfair as well. You seem to be indicating that Rock has no chance? Do you think Somerset wins a blowout?

No, I think it will be a good game, but calling it a "should've won" from last year for Rock is inaccurate, Somerset played terrible and Rock really did as well. Dry night last year and the jumpers probably hang a decent number. All in the past now, rock is and will be a tough place to play; Somerset returns 9 on both sides though... Should be interesting
JumperPride1 Wrote:No, I think it will be a good game, but calling it a "should've won" from last year for Rock is inaccurate, Somerset played terrible and Rock really did as well. Dry night last year and the jumpers probably hang a decent number. All in the past now, rock is and will be a tough place to play; Somerset returns 9 on both sides though... Should be interesting

I think we are going to agree to disagree from last year but for different reasons. Rock had the conditions they wanted for a ground-n-pound game and should have taken advantage of multiple opportunities for the win. I'm not necessarily saying that Rock was the better team last year. What I am saying is that Somerset was not significantly better. Faster? Yes. Stronger? No.

Yet, my central philosophy of sports is that at the end of the day there is only one trump card: scoreboard. Somerset won. Rockcastle County lost.

I expect this to be a good game this year. I hope the field is dry and the everyone is healthy so that neither the Rockets nor the Jumpers can have any excuses win, lose, or draw.
Wayne County game is very questionable. WC will be excellent. Return a good class.
The Somerset game we lost was due and only due to very poor coaching. I have seen so many bad calls and descions by this staff, kids play their heart out only to get a dumb play call and set up for failure.
Im excited for this season. I really believe they have a shot to win every game on the schedule. The Key would be to stay healthy.
I have high hopes for Rock this season.
I had high hopes last year, look what we got.
Any one know the date, time, and place of Rock/Belfry Scrimmage
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Any one know the date, time, and place of Rock/Belfry Scrimmage

Should be August 19th

Not sure on location or time. I am going to guess it will be at Belfry just because Belfry hasn't had a home scrimmage in two years, and with all the travel they have this year coming up it would make sense to not have to fire up the buses for another 2+ hour trip. Just a guess though.

I would post something in the Belfry 2016 thread and see if anyone can confirm
The boys are at Camp. We are getting closer to kicking off the season.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Should be August 19th

Not sure on location or time. I am going to guess it will be at Belfry just because Belfry hasn't had a home scrimmage in two years, and with all the travel they have this year coming up it would make sense to not have to fire up the buses for another 2+ hour trip. Just a guess though.

I would post something in the Belfry 2016 thread and see if anyone can confirm

The boys schudule says it's on the 18th Thursday at Hazard I guess
Hazard plays son the 19th
Rock will be great this year, but going on a limb and saying they will beat Wayne and somerset?? Out of the question. Best of luck to Rock this year.
I haven't seen Rockcastle play in years should be a good scrimmage
with Belfry
Rockcastle scrimmaged Montgomery county tonight. What I was told varsity played 3 quarters. With the score rock 13 mchs 0. They said penalty's killed rock on offence but the defence only allowed two first downs in the first half