Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rockcastle County 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In 2016 the rockets will return basically everyone from last year, what will the upcoming season hold for the rockets.

Schedule

Bourbon County @ Danville
South Laurel .Home
Garrard County .Home
Pulaski County .Away
Somerset .Home
Wayne County . Home
Russell County .Away
Clay County .Away
Knox Central .Home
Lincoln County .Away
The Rock is on the rise. Should win at least 7 next year.
2-9
7-5
5-7

Last three seasons. How is that on the rise?
2015---5-7
2014---7-5
2013---2-9
2012---2-9
2011---9-3
2010---4-7
2009---5-7
2008---8-4
8yrs----42-51

Lots of Kids back, almost entire team.
4 for sure wins in
South Laurel
Russell Co
Clay Co
Lincoln Co

6 toss ups

Toughest games
Pulaski
Knox
Bourbon
64black&gold Wrote:2-9
7-5
5-7

Last three seasons. How is that on the rise?

Plus the fact that kids in the middle school and there families who LOVE football are moving to surrounding counties. You better hope that this coming up year will be solid.
Rockcastle will contend for a regional title next year. They played the regional champ Wayne County down to the wire in the two games they played. If it were not for special teams lapses in the playoff game against Wayne they would have more than likely won. If they stay healthy they will be a load next year. Most of their core players return.
All of their players return
They are getting bigger and stronger right now

Lookin at a 7-8 win season at worst
Only challenges
Knox
PC
Bourbon
former Wrote:All of their players return
They are getting bigger and stronger right now

Lookin at a 7-8 win season at worst
Only challenges
Knox
PC
Bourbon

Don't forget about the defending Regional Champion Wayne County Cardinals. They were young and are always well coached. Also, Russell County has a great staff and some nice young players coming up. I wouldn't sleep on anyone in their district....Coach Combs at Clay County has some nice pieces too.
Wayne will be hard to beat.
E's Army Wrote:Wayne will be hard to beat.

Wayne is good but they lost way more than rock did
Plus we should have won at Wayne if not for special teams screwup
We have Wayne at home this yr so I look for us to win that game
District will be wide open this year Wayne and knox will be good as normal, but i fill that if Rockcastle stays healthy and doesn't at least win a district championship it will be a disappointing season. With the changes made late in the year last season, the rockets started to click with out some key players. Parkeys got to prove he can win a game win both teams are evenly matched.
you better not forget about wayne county
Rock will be 14-1 next year
knox fan Wrote:you better not forget about wayne county

Don't worry Knox and Wayne's names are circled in red ink.
Willie Turnover Wrote:Rock will be 14-1 next year

Gotta shoot for the moon
How did the spring practice go?
With most of the team coming back how far in playoffs will we go
Don't sleep on Coach Sharp and Russell County either. They have had a rough two years after being the cream of the crop in the district for three years straight with a 28-2 regular season record from 2011-13 and two district titles. They got some nice pieces coming up. They return most of their team and have added some players from last years JV team that a won a conference title....they will be much better....time will tell how much.
former Wrote:Wayne is good but they lost way more than rock did
Plus we should have won at Wayne if not for special teams screwup
We have Wayne at home this yr so I look for us to win that game

How many starters did Wayne lose?
pjdoug Wrote:How many starters did Wayne lose?

They return almost all there skill Guys. Dalton Garner is a work horse plays with a ton of heart, and the little shoemaker kid is a heck of a player to. I think Wayne will be just as good if not better. Knox also had some young studs last year. District will be tough, its anyones to win this year
A Belfry and Rockcastle scrimmage this year that is what one of our coaches told me last week
Where will the scrimmage be?

I know since we don't play week 0 then we need or can have 2 scrimmages
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:They return almost all there skill Guys. Dalton Garner is a work horse plays with a ton of heart, and the little shoemaker kid is a heck of a player to. I think Wayne will be just as good if not better. Knox also had some young studs last year. District will be tough, its anyones to win this year

tough district for sure. good to see the Rockets showing improvement.
diceman Wrote:Where will the scrimmage be?

I know since we don't play week 0 then we need or can have 2 scrimmages

Coach said that we was going to try to play it half way in between not for sure where yet
pjdoug Wrote:tough district for sure. good to see the Rockets showing improvement.

improvement, I hope your kidding. The coaching staff has done nothing to improve this team. We won 5 games last year with the same kids we had back from 2 straight years. fans and parents are fed up with everything that goes on with the program. its a total mess
diceman Wrote:improvement, I hope your kidding. The coaching staff has done nothing to improve this team. We won 5 games last year with the same kids we had back from 2 straight years. fans and parents are fed up with everything that goes on with the program. its a total mess

They definitely improved over previous years,unless you are still stuck in 2000.
pjdoug Wrote:They definitely improved over previous years,unless you are still stuck in 2000.

Im stuck in the last few years. The program is not what it should be and its hard to find anyone that dont agree
diceman Wrote:Im stuck in the last few years. The program is not what it should be and its hard to find anyone that dont agree
of course it isn't what it should be.
pjdoug Wrote:of course it isn't what it should be.

Yeah I agree but our problem isnt due to lack of talent or numbers, its coaching decisions and not getting kids any better than they were when they began
diceman Wrote:Yeah I agree but our problem isnt due to lack of talent or numbers, its coaching decisions and not getting kids any better than they were when they began

isn't that the problem at most schools in the state?
pjdoug Wrote:isn't that the problem at most schools in the state?

Maybe
its a sad sight at games at the rock nowdays, no one there and no one cares, people in community that remember the good years say they dont even go to games because its not the same. we have to have the ugliest uniforms in the state, gray pants and all. players i talk to are fed up with the coaches and lack of anyone caring and getting blamed for losses by certain coaches and its not getting any better or going to get better. even the biggest supporters hate whats going on there
Pages: 1 2