Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 34 Hazard 26.
Couple of big stops on downs was the difference.
Any truth to rumors about a black bear fan streaking at halftime after drinking too much "hooch" with a few bgp'ers pre-game?

:yikes:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Looks like the Leslie County game is going to be a huge game.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Looks like the Leslie County game is going to be a huge game.

Blackcats:Cheerlead
Spirit100 Wrote:Any truth to rumors about a black bear fan streaking at halftime after drinking too much "hooch" with a few bgp'ers pre-game?

When did Gut become a Black Bear fan?Confusednicker:
I have seen a few posters talking about Prestonsburg having a short field. Hazard's first drive started on the P'burg 1 yard line after an interception, and another started on P'burg 29 yard line. Hazard had better field position than Prestonsburg all night. Prestonsburg had short fields on some drives, but i think Hazard won the count on short field.

Our O-line started out a little sluggish, but once they got it together they manhandled Hazard. Frasure would find the hole and lower his shoulders and punish the Hazard D. By the time the 4th quarter rolled around Hazard D was slow to get up after every play.

I was very impressed with the Blackcat defense. Those boys was in the backfield all night long, and they done more than contain Jones, they flat out shut him down. Although our defense had played lights out all year, with the exception of a few misques in the Pikeville game, it was hard to gauge them based on the competition played. Last night these boys proved they are on a mission. Great job guys.

BIG shout out to Chase Ousley. That kid played with a TON of heart last night. He injured his ankle last game came out last night rapped up, and seemed to barely be able to stand and walk back to his position on D, but the kid stayed out there and continued to make plays. Heart of a lion last night kid, big thumbs up to you.
Fun game to watch... 2 very good teams..

Congrats to P'burg...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:I have seen a few posters talking about Prestonsburg having a short field. Hazard's first drive started on the P'burg 1 yard line after an interception, and another started on P'burg 29 yard line. Hazard had better field position than Prestonsburg all night. Prestonsburg had short fields on some drives, but i think Hazard won the count on short field.

Our O-line started out a little sluggish, but once they got it together they manhandled Hazard. Frasure would find the hole and lower his shoulders and punish the Hazard D. By the time the 4th quarter rolled around Hazard D was slow to get up after every play.

I was very impressed with the Blackcat defense. Those boys was in the backfield all night long, and they done more than contain Jones, they flat out shut him down. Although our defense had played lights out all year, with the exception of a few misques in the Pikeville game, it was hard to gauge them based on the competition played. Last night these boys proved they are on a mission. Great job guys.

BIG shout out to Chase Ousley. That kid played with a TON of heart last night. He injured his ankle last game came out last night rapped up, and seemed to barely be able to stand and walk back to his position on D, but the kid stayed out there and continued to make plays. Heart of a lion last night kid, big thumbs up to you.

Exactly! This kid exemplifies just exactly what "team sports" are all about; very very impressive to me.

I was in Hazard many years ago watching a middle school football game. My team was on the 18 yard line, first and ten. We went the ENTIRE 4 downs and only moved that ball 1 yard. When the opposing team took over on downs, the officials proclaimed it...first and nine!!! I do not lie; I have witnesses that can confirm! LOL I do believe the same officiating crew was at that game last night. Somebody please explain to me how you can have a play end as an incomplete pass yet the football advances to the point where you must measure for a first down!! Incredible!!

Hazard is a solid aggressive football team, and I was impressed with their execution. Prestonsburg's defense was dang amazing as they were on the field a great deal of time, and most often with a short field. Hats off to them for the victory.

Definately was a game that is not reflected in the score!!

Congratulations Blackcats!!!!!
Bringing out the chains to measure after an incomplete pass sums up the performance of the boys in stripes last night. Since Pikeville the Blackcat O and D line have dominated other teams. Jones was a nonfactor last night and Frazier was through the first layer of defense untouched. Good win. If you leave Hazard with a W, you have done well.
Hazard did fairly well of defending the pass on occasions but when P-burg got in what I called a modified pistol formations without any recievers and ran the ball hazard did little to stop it.
bac2369 Wrote:Hazard did fairly well of defending the pass on occasions but when P-burg got in what I called a modified pistol formations without any recievers and ran the ball hazard did little to stop it.

Unless Hazard was allowed 12 players on defense, they did all they could do. All Bulldog defenders were in the box (as they should have been against a 3 back double-tight set).

I think it was some kind of inside veer variation out of a 3 back pistol. Coach D. and Coach Allen aren't bashful about trying new things, obviously.

:popcorn:
^ I like it.. That is old smash mouth football.
Ousley went limping off last couple of minutes of game. Was it his ankle? If so does anyone know how bad of injury? Shelby Valley next week, we need him definitely on D.
Like to see coaches innovate.
E's Army Wrote:Like to see coaches innovate.

Yeah, I do too. Just hope the coaching staff doesn't take the result of this last change too much to heart. That kind of thing happened a few years ago when they had some success with the double wing. P-burg used it into the ground (to the point defenses were designed to stop it coming in) over the next 2-3yrs..

Can't see any reason why it shouldn't be the standard short yardage set, however. It seems to be a really good power formation - just have to have a good snap and proper footwork and exchanges.

:popcorn:
Good coaching job.
hawg laig Wrote:Bringing out the chains to measure after an incomplete pass sums up the performance of the boys in stripes last night. Since Pikeville the Blackcat O and D line have dominated other teams. Jones was a nonfactor last night and Frazier was through the first layer of defense untouched. Good win. If you leave Hazard with a W, you have done well.

Things aren't always what they seem. Hazard coaches thought that they had been given a first down on the play before the pass. So when they were told it was fourth down and a foot when they thought it was second and ten after the pass, they asked for a measurement since there wasn't one earlier when they thought it was a first down.:Thumbs:
^ That could be an explanation.. Good work jet on the explanation..
^Thanks bac. Listened to the whole game on WSGS on the road.:Thumbs:
Guess there was no other game worth listening too..LMAO
Spirit100 Wrote:Any truth to rumors about a black bear fan streaking at halftime after drinking too much "hooch" with a few bgp'ers pre-game?

What is this bgp you speak of?
Sounds like a bad rash after a wild weekend in Harlan County.
I predicted Prestonsburg 30-26. Close but no cigar!

NO!!!!!!
Believe me, if I ever streaked at a football game, there would be thousands of people lying dead from trying to dig out their own eyeballs!!
Confusednicker:

jetpilot Wrote:Things aren't always what they seem. Hazard coaches thought that they had been given a first down on the play before the pass. So when they were told it was fourth down and a foot when they thought it was second and ten after the pass, they asked for a measurement since there wasn't one earlier when they thought it was a first down.:Thumbs:

This was the explanation from the Hazard radio crew?? If the chains didn't move, and they shouldn't have from an incomplete pass, then why measure??

Tell you something had that first down been awarded, we would still be watching Blackcat fans methodically destroy the place.
Granny Bear Wrote:Believe me, if I ever streaked at a football game, there would be thousands of people lying dead from trying to dig out their own eyeballs!!
Confusednicker:

This was the explanation from the Hazard radio crew?? If the chains didn't move, and they shouldn't have from an incomplete pass, then why measure??

Tell you something had that first down been awarded, we would still be watching Blackcat fans methodically destroy the place.

Like I said before, Hazard thought it was a first down the play before the pass, and if it wasn't a first down there should have been a measurement.
I don't really care for Hazard much but it makes perfect sense to me. If you hadn't have been running around with no clothes on, you would have seen it.:biggrin::popcorn::biggrin:
Yo, they found NO ONE with self mutilating wounds to their eyes, so Spirit started a vicious rumor!!!
jetpilot Wrote:Like I said before, Hazard thought it was a first down the play before the pass, and if it wasn't a first down there should have been a measurement.
I don't really care for Hazard much but it makes perfect sense to me. If you hadn't have been running around with no clothes on, you would have seen it.:biggrin::popcorn::biggrin:

Well...it is an explanation. But it's certainly not a valid reason.

The ball was picked up after the 2nd down play and put on the hashmark (without a measurement at the point of tackle, and the marker changed to "3rd down"), the incomplete pass was thrown (ie - ball snapped and play ran), THEN the officials allowed a measurement. Under no circumstances should an official measurement been allowed at that point for the purpose of checking if a 1st down was made 2 plays ago !!

Giving benefit to Hazard's coach and officiating crew, a legit reason might have been to show the Hazard coach how close they were to the 1st, but only as a courtesy. But that's not the reason you mentioned.

Confusedhh:
oneijoe Wrote:Well...it is an explanation. But it's certainly not a valid reason.

The ball was picked up after the 2nd down play and put on the hashmark (without a measurement at the point of tackle, and the marker changed to "3rd down"), the incomplete pass was thrown (ie - ball snapped and play ran), THEN the officials allowed a measurement. Under no circumstances should an official measurement been allowed at that point for the purpose of checking if a 1st down was made 2 plays ago !!

Giving benefit to Hazard's coach and officiating crew, a legit reason might have been to show the Hazard coach how close they were to the 1st, but only as a courtesy. But that's not the reason you mentioned.

Confusedhh:

You may be right. The drive on the Hazard turnover started on the Hazard 39, not Prestonsburg's, as verified by bac2369.Confusedhh:

:biggrin:
jetpilot Wrote:You may be right. The drive on the Hazard turnover started on the Hazard 39, not Prestonsburg's, as verified by bac2369.Confusedhh:

:biggrin:

It's I must have had an episode then. Could have sworn it was across midfield. Part of it might have been those chicken tenders from the concession stand - they were a little undercooked. That couldn't have been a good thing. Confusedhh:

Confusednicker: