Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg 34 Hazard 26.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final from Hazard
Congratulations Prestonsburg hard fought game...:Cheerlead
Congrats to Pburg. Sounds like a great game
Can a mod combine the threads.
Nice win Pburg
Good job Cats! Keep it rolling!
Prestonsburg is a very solid team. I am picking them to be in BG.
Good game tonight by two good teams... Big 4th quarter by Prestonsburg and they hold on for the win.
congrats pburg with this win tonight and middlesboros ugly loss no question pburg should be ahead of mboro now... I still have hope though because somersets record was ugly last year also lol
Good win!!
Great job Blackcats. Congrats.
Great win for the Blackcats!
Two stories in this game IMO....Hazard's special teams killed them and Frasure was unstoppable down the stretch. Hazard gave P'burg a short field all night, giving up 3 long kickoff returns and turning the ball over on their own 39. But with the game on the line, P'burg's line and Frasure looked like men playing against boys. P'burg also stacked the box on Jones all night and dared Morgan to beat them, and it worked. Good win for P'burg!
I'm shocked by this one. I really thought the Dawgs were the better team.
Hazard had opportunities but couldn't capaitlize. Jones run into Morgan on the turnover on down which hurt jones chances of scoring to pull hazard within two.
Great game!! Congrats Blackcats on a huge win
Really weak officiating tonight. Almost -every- call came out of a conference. And I think the crew was a bit peevish tonight - they were personal foul and unsportmanlike penalty crazy.

I've been around a long time, but saw something tonight in a game for the FIRST time. There was a measurement AFTER an incomplete pass !! Mind you, this was after the ball had been moved and a play had been run...

Coach D. went absolutely medieval on offense. In the 2nd half, P-burg played pure power football. Frasure sat in the pistol with 2 flanking backs next to the QB and ran out of a double-tight alignment. Hazard simply could not stop it. Flashing this kind of power game will give future opponents something to consider - it's not something P-burg usually does.

The P-burg defense took a HUGE step forward tonight. The big back for the Bulldogs couldn't get past the first level all night and the Hazard QB was pressured hard and could only connect on a few short passes.

Though Frasure had a few 10-20yds, neither team broke a long pass or run (>30yds). You don't see that much any more !!

:popcorn:
Hazard had some huge mistakes but this game came down to the line and Pburgs was tougher offensive and defensive.
wildcat12 Wrote:Hazard had some huge mistakes but this game came down to the line and Pburgs was tougher offensive and defensive.

It certainly wasn't a "pretty" game from any angle. P-burg with a 10yd punt and another one blocked. Hazard with poor KO coverage. P-burg with an INT right out of the gate and Hazard with a fumble in the 2nd half when it was a 1 pt game. Not going to count penalties - both teams got hurt with them on drives - to say nothing of how badly all the "conferences" messed up the flow of the game.

But I think you're right. When it came down to the basics, P-burg just outmuscled Hazard in the trenches. Dalton Frasure ended up being a LOAD tonight.
jetpilot Wrote:Two stories in this game IMO....Hazard's special teams killed them and Frasure was unstoppable down the stretch. Hazard gave P'burg a short field all night, giving up 3 long kickoff returns and turning the ball over on their own 39. But with the game on the line, P'burg's line and Frasure looked like men playing against boys. P'burg also stacked the box on Jones all night and dared Morgan to beat them, and it worked. Good win for P'burg!

P-burg had a short field "all night" ?? P-burg kicked a 10yd punt and had another blocked in the 1st half. The Blackcats had possession ONE time in the 3rd quarter and got it at their own 3 !!

Try instead ... the only times Prestonsburg had good field position was the result of the 3 KO returns.

Confusednicker:
oneijoe Wrote:P-burg had a short field "all night" ?? P-burg kicked a 10yd punt and had another blocked in the 1st half. The Blackcats had possession ONE time in the 3rd quarter and got it at their own 3 !!

Try instead ... the only times Prestonsburg had good field position was the result of the 3 KO returns.

Confusednicker:

And the turnover on the Hazard 39.

4 td's on short fields.:igiveup:
jetpilot Wrote:And the turnover on the Hazard 39.

4 td's on short fields.:igiveup:

The Hazard fumble happened on the P-burg 39. Smile
Glad I checked on here for scores because WSAZ had Hazard 26 P-burg 3 and was like WHHHAATT!!.....Congrats cats, see ya on the 31st!!
oneijoe Wrote:The Hazard fumble happened on the P-burg 39. Smile

I don't think so. If I'm wrong I stand corrected. I'll check the tape.
jetpilot Wrote:I don't think so. If I'm wrong I stand corrected. I'll check the tape.

Yeah... I was there, but... I'm old now and could have had an episode.

Confusedhh:
lpd826 Wrote:Glad I checked on here for scores because WSAZ had Hazard 26 P-burg 3 and was like WHHHAATT!!.....Congrats cats, see ya on the 31st!!

Yeah, I noticed WYMT has it wrong, too (probably one copied from the other). Obviously the last digit on P-burg's total was truncated.

Wish WYMT would archive their broadcasts - would love to watch parts of it again.

:Shaking:
On that fumble I really couldn't tell but it looked as it was going out of bounds or was out before it was got but not sure...
bac2369 Wrote:On that fumble I really couldn't tell but it looked as it was going out of bounds or was out before it was got but not sure...

Did P'burg get it on their 39 or the Hazard 39?
It was a short field.
Big win against a good opponent. This should solidify their spot among the the teams to beat in that class.
Pages: 1 2