Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8-22 Newport Central Catholic @ Ashland
:pondering::haters:Harry your knowledge and hatred/ dislike for my Tomcats makes me think you grew up around here watching your alma mater get WAXED year in year out by the CATS. The mindset of every high school football team is to win. That's why they play the games and keep score.
T-CATS Wrote::pondering::haters:Harry your knowledge and hatred/ dislike for my Tomcats makes me think you grew up around here watching your alma mater get WAXED year in year out by the CATS. The mindset of every high school football team is to win. That's why they play the games and keep score.

Yeah, but to win by playing, which wasn't possible in this instance.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cannon Still Roars.....
tomcat4life Wrote:Why would anybody want the game to be a forfeit? Both teams done everything they could to play the game. I would rather have a 9 game season than have my kids have a win on their record they didn't earn.
NCC showed up ready to play, if the shoe was on the other foot, I wouldn't won't our team on a bus approximately 12 hours either. I have no ill will towards NCC. Good luck to them the rest of the season.
Yes our new stadium flooded, but had nothing to do with lack of drainage. It was the amount of rain. There where streets in Ashland that have never flooded that flooded last night.

Wish you could have sent this message to Owensboro in June........................:Thumbs:
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Good job of making excuses for your non-achieving favorites, foxbatone. No one but a poor partisan fool with no understanding of the logistics involved would even entertain the thought that NCC should have come back on Saturday or hung around until Saturday to play the game. Ashland doesn't "deserve better". Ashland doesn't deserve squat.

And, as for state championships, keep in mind that NCC is a Class 2A school and not a Class 4A school. You have no argument. Only sorrow. So pull up those maroon tights and move on.

NCC is a 2A power house, I guess I expected the best from one of the state's premier programs. It is a shame that a compromise could have been met, after all both teams lose in this situation.
foxbatone Wrote:NCC is a 2A power house, I guess I expected the best from one of the state's premier programs. It is a shame that a compromise could have been met, after all both teams lose in this situation.

You are correct. NCC is a Class 2A powerhouse. Unfortunately, Ashland is not a Class 4A powerhouse. NCC has much bigger fish to catch.
sstack Wrote:Lots of talk about Ashland making noise in 4A this year. If that is the case, they should win this game easily. NCC is a good small school, but not challenge for the top tier teams in 4A! If Ashland just squeks out a win or gets beat, you can mark them off as a 4A contender!

Great point... :Thumbs:
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:You are correct. NCC is a Class 2A powerhouse. Unfortunately, Ashland is not a Class 4A powerhouse. NCC has much bigger fish to catch.

If you want a ticket to play with the big boys let me know, you guys playing Highlands would be worse than what Beechwood did to you guys for over a decade. 2A power is just a average 4A team.
foxbatone Wrote:If you want a ticket to play with the big boys let me know, you guys playing Highlands would be worse than what Beechwood did to you guys for over a decade. 2A power is just a average 4A team.
you mean the same average 4A team we lost too last season. Come on what is it with all the arrogance popping up here. People think cause we have winning streaks against Boyd,Raceland,and Russell and a little success against ironton George washington and belfry we've won something. Truth is we have only two district championships since 2005 all the rest are in paintsville. Lets stop painting a black eye on our program and be proud but humble. You know the same attitudes our team should play with on Fridays.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:you mean the same average 4A team we lost too last season. Come on what is it with all the arrogance popping up here. People think cause we have winning streaks against Boyd,Raceland,and Russell and a little success against ironton George washington and belfry we've won something. Truth is we have only two district championships since 2005 all the rest are in paintsville. Lets stop painting a black eye on our program and be proud but humble. You know the same attitudes our team should play with on Fridays.

Thank you, tomcatfan722000. He truly hit the nail on the head. If most Ashland fans were like him (realistic and honest) and less like foxbatone, T-CATS, etc., it would be much easier to, if not actually root for Ashland, be neutral toward them. Unfortunately, tomcatfan722000 in one of a kind.