Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8-22 Newport Central Catholic @ Ashland
Thoughts, predictions? How many yards will Q run for? How many touchdowns will he score? Better buy some:popcorn:
After some studying, pondering, and a few BL's ( BUD LIGHTS) Should be a GREAT one. NCC will have no answer for #5. Q runs for 3 scores and 300 plus. Ashland wins going away 38-21!!:Thumbs:
NCC-35

APB-24:popcorn:
Ashland comes from behind. Long and Q both have a big first half but NCC settles down in the 2nd. Prince and Vaughn end up being the difference. Ashland responds late.

Cats 27
Breds 21
NCC 35- Ashland 14 . NCC makes a statement to the rest of 2a by limiting one of the best RB's in the state.
I think people will be suprised what little drop off NCC has defensively. Even wit the loss of a guy like Sutkamp. NCC is NCC. There is a reason they arent ever in contention for a title.
On the flip side think everyone will be shocked how good Ashlands backfield is. It will be nearly impossible to stop all of their weapons.
T-CATS Wrote:On the flip side think everyone will be shocked how good Ashlands backfield is. It will be nearly impossible to stop all of their weapons.

Those weapons will not be able to do much if you do not have good line play. What is the line going to look like this year?
That's a good question, I know T-Cats has said "HUUUGE" but how skilled do they look? Do they look lazy, or will they get after you?
In my opinion they can and should be better then any I've seen the past 10 years. Coaching staff looks like they are really working hard with the O-Line teaching,preaching and screaming.
Your Cats need to be in better condition. They wore out at crucial points at the end of both halves
This one goes in overtime but I got Ashland winning 27-21
35 - 7 Ashland
34-21 ncc
Ashland - 34

Newport Central Catholic - 14
Good point on the Tomcats line. Raceland horsed alot of people around last year. But when they ran into teams almost or as big, but faster, they struggled. Ie Lawrence County and Williamsburg. Big and strong only goes so far. NCC always has big, but lean lineman. Lots of. 6'2-6-5/240-260 guys hae come through the lineman ranks at NCC. This will be a good game make no mistake. Wish I was in town for this one. Id easily come to this game over any other opening week game in our area.
Should be a Great game
If NCC doesn't get screwed out of the game, the Thoroughbreds should win. Modern tradition over ancient tradition.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:If NCC doesn't get screwed out of the game, the Thoroughbreds should win. Modern tradition over ancient tradition.
Ashland will be in a payback kind of mood and that ain't losing at New Putnam Stadium!!!
Ashland is loaded in the backfield and I expect them to win at home. 20-14
T-CATS Wrote:In my opinion they can and should be better then any I've seen the past 10 years. Coaching staff looks like they are really working hard with the O-Line teaching,preaching and screaming.

Do you really think this year's lineman will be better than Armstrong Justice Walter Ellis and OBryan from two years ago? No knock on this years group, they have yet to perform, but they will have to go a long way to be better than those.
T-CATS Wrote:Ashland will be in a payback kind of mood and that ain't losing at New Putnam Stadium!!!

"Payback" suggests that Ashland thinks they got "homered" at NCC last year. The game wasn't close enough to suggest that. However, the last clause of your post pretty much confirms what I was suggesting in my post. The question is "Will NCC be allowed to beat Ashland on Ashland's newly refurbished field?". That was my point and you seem to agree.

Will Bob Kouns be among the officials for the game? He has most often been your main asset.
NCC by two TDs
I have this strange suspicion that when Ashland plays the scoreboard operator will be busy for both sides.

I am going to buy the Tomcat hype and say:

Ashland 39
NewCath 34
washed up Wrote:Do you really think this year's lineman will be better than Armstrong Justice Walter Ellis and OBryan from two years ago? No knock on this years group, they have yet to perform, but they will have to go a long way to be better than those.
Those were great great players but had to play and start both ways in key spots. None of our starting O-Line this year will start on Defense. Two years ago our line had no one to block for because our RBs were devastated by injuries, this years team will be blocking for maybe the best backfield in the schools history 90 team included. This team might remind some old timers of that 90 team this year when they line up in the pistol and then shift into the wishbone.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:"Payback" suggests that Ashland thinks they got "homered" at NCC last year. The game wasn't close enough to suggest that. However, the last clause of your post pretty much confirms what I was suggesting in my post. The question is "Will NCC be allowed to beat Ashland on Ashland's newly refurbished field?". That was my point and you seem to agree.

Will Bob Kouns be among the officials for the game? He has most often been your main asset.
No I don't mean they think they were screwed by the officials, they think they should have won the game if not for poor tackling on Defense. We don't need home cooking to beat NCC or anyone else. Have no clue who will officiate the game as they are assigned by the KSHAA. This is Ashland Ky not Ironton Ohio where they bring out fans from the stands to officiate the game against us. Putnam crammed full, a new stadium with a rowdy crowd wanting a W will be very hard for anyone to come in a get the win against us. If they do then Ill give them full credit.
T-CATS Wrote:No I don't mean they think they were screwed by the officials, they think they should have won the game if not for poor tackling on Defense. We don't need home cooking to beat NCC or anyone else. Have no clue who will officiate the game as they are assigned by the KSHAA. This is Ashland Ky not Ironton Ohio where they bring out fans from the stands to officiate the game against us. Putnam crammed full, a new stadium with a rowdy crowd wanting a W will be very hard for anyone to come in a get the win against us. If they do then Ill give them full credit.

Will the seating capacity increase, decrease or remain the same?
About the same maybe a few less
T-CATS Wrote:No I don't mean they think they were screwed by the officials, they think they should have won the game if not for poor tackling on Defense. We don't need home cooking to beat NCC or anyone else. Have no clue who will officiate the game as they are assigned by the KSHAA. This is Ashland Ky not Ironton Ohio where they bring out fans from the stands to officiate the game against us. Putnam crammed full, a new stadium with a rowdy crowd wanting a W will be very hard for anyone to come in a get the win against us. If they do then Ill give them full credit.

I gather that you don't like Ironton very much. Why do you play poor winless Sheldon Clark? A game against a decent team would be of more benefit, wouldn't it? I know you are stuck with playing Rowan County, Boyd County, and Greenup County but Sheldon Clark will do nothing to help you prepare for the big time.