Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happiness In Your Life?
I am happy and blessed.
Get to witness a Saturday afternoon hs football game and then watch college football later tonight.

It's going to be a great Saturday regardless of the outcomes as long as all escape injury free!

Cheers to FOOTBALL!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote:Fit to be tied in a good way this morning. Was able to get a two hour early start on my weekend thanks to an efficient 3rd shift tone from tonight.

And had to go by a belt since someone has gone from 250 lbs. to 238 in the last 8 weeks. Feeling great and next goal is 228!

Go to myfitnesspal.com and put this invaluable free tool to work for you. Smaller portions and more fruits and vegetables have been the key along with the discipline and will power to make it work. Pre-planning meals 2-3 days in advance also has been a game changer.

If anyone would like to start a weight watcher/ lose weight/ fitness thread let's make that happen. Accountability partners are a beautiful thing. And trust me, if I can do it...anyone else can to!

Let me know and we'll make it happen. The motivation for me started with a hs friend I've stayed in touch with over the years inviting me to a "biggest loser" contest online. We've got folks involved all over the country. Sometimes it's just as easy as taking one step and placing another in front of the other and encouragement along the way!

:Thumbs:

I'll second the myfitnesspal app. Been using it on and off for a while now. Do much better when ON than OFF. It helps hold you accountable as long as you're honest with it.

I YoYo horribly with my weight. Was at 227 in April using the app and watching my food. Stopped. Went to the Dr last week and was at 263. Am 249 this morning that's 14 pounds in a little over a week. That'll level off soon as my body get acclimated to the food and I should lose 2-4 pounds a week if I stay strict.
Midee1 Wrote:I'll second the myfitnesspal app. Been using it on and off for a while now. Do much better when ON than OFF. It helps hold you accountable as long as you're honest with it.

I YoYo horribly with my weight. Was at 227 in April using the app and watching my food. Stopped. Went to the Dr last week and was at 263. Am 249 this morning that's 14 pounds in a little over a week. That'll level off soon as my body get acclimated to the food and I should lose 2-4 pounds a week if I stay strict.

You've had a "bountiful" Summer...Confusednicker:

The key for me is avoiding processed food. When I cook in bulk for my family and I and package chicken, rice, veggies in advance to cover the next 1-2 days of meals I do well weight wise and we all eat better. When the schedule gets crazy and I have to revert to "convenient" microwave food I can add 2-4 pounds in a week easy.

Discipline and time management dictate me "winning or losing.....all pun intended."

Believing in you meeting your goals sooner rather than later. :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Went toe-to-toe with the upper level management this morning and learned I am being counted upon to bring "synergy" to the team.

Which is code for I don't want to communicate well so I'm counting on you to do it for me, our director, and the immediate supervisor .

Confusednicker:

And yes the "team" has been providing sound advice and insight on improving processes for weeks which have fallen on deaf ears. Always a hoot when the uppers seek "validation & substantiation!"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote:You've had a "bountiful" Summer...Confusednicker:

The key for me is avoiding processed food. When I cook in bulk for my family and I and package chicken, rice, veggies in advance to cover the next 1-2 days of meals I do well weight wise and we all eat better. When the schedule gets crazy and I have to revert to "convenient" microwave food I can add 2-4 pounds in a week easy.

Discipline and time management dictate me "winning or losing.....all pun intended."

Believing in you meeting your goals sooner rather than later. :Thumbs:

Their certainly was a bountiful harvest over the summer. My clothes can attest to that.

I am doing much better packing my lunch and keeping track of things rather than running up the street for a burger or something for lunch. Much better for me and actually much cheaper in the long run.
Westside
Midee1 Wrote:I'll second the myfitnesspal app. Been using it on and off for a while now. Do much better when ON than OFF. It helps hold you accountable as long as you're honest with it.

Im debating on whether or not I want to lose weight or get fat enough that a doctor will give me the lap ban Confusednicker:
Whats funny is, you perfectly described my weight fluctuation as well. That's pretty much identical to what I do. Im 6'3, but lord knows I feel better at 220 than at 260 or heavier. What sucks with me is I could eat lettuce and drink water the rest of my life and might only lose a pound a week if that. If I eat complete garbage I usually gain 2-3 pounds a week.

I can literally lose or gain 50 pounds in 60 months with relative ease.
Long barefoot walks on a moonlit beach.

j/k, I don't really care much for sand between my toes.

I am happy standing grilling food or smoking meat for my friends and family,
watching my FF players doubling their projected points,'
and confusing liberals with logic and common sense.
Happiness is four consecutive days off work and the good company of family and friends. I hope all of you have a blessed Thanksgiving...

Make it a good one whomever you are with or where you are at!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Today, happiness is 70 and sunny.

Have a great Sunday BGR!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
We aren't underwater and still have a heartbeat! Keep those TX families in thought and prayer, who lost loved ones in the recent flooding, and give thanks for the simple things in life in the days ahead!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Great sleeping weather is making me happy...how about these great temps in the 1st week of June!!!

Saving $$$ on no a/c is an xtra bonus...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Coaching!
Dusty, you still planning on going to the MLB All Star game in Cincy this year?
Happiness has been being home this weekend after being out of town a lot for summer baseball tournaments.

Cooking dinner and watching "Horrible Bosses 2" with the family last night. And cooking breakfast for them this morning. I enjoy being a provider figuratively and literally. Have a great Sunday folks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Happiness is that football season is upon us.

About to jump out my skin to watch a scrimmage later tonight. Love the game of football!!!

Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Watching other folks start the greatest journey of their life....Parenthood!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
No longer working third shift as of last night. That's going to bring the Spirit family much happiness...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
I am happy