Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Happiness In Your Life?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Besides family, what brings the most happiness to your life?
Helping others and Muay Thai class.
I like helping other people, too....and Black Bear football!

Wink
God :notworthy

Food :Thumbs:

Sex Confusedinglepar

Sports :1:

The Beach/Waves TongueirateSho

Music :rockon:
^^
AND Spirit100!! Spirit100 makes me happy!!
Why thank you, that's a two way street my friend and I share the same sentiment!
Carson Whitehed, RB for the Black Bears last year just committed to University of Kentucky. He's a great kid!!!! This also makes me happy!!!
We live in the last days IMO. As a result, one might reasonably expect to hear wildly conflicting reports on meaning and impact with regard to current world events and crucially important matters of state as presented on the nightly news. And given that government leaders have refined the act of stretching the truth to an art form, I'd hate to think we had only their polished bloviations from which to build our opinions. And, although I love to sort through the record to learn America's historical truth, understanding, discerning and interpreting truth as it unfolds, is becoming a personal necessity more critical with every passing day.

Christians have a very special gift, they can discern the truth for themselves through their relationship with God. In fact, while on earth the Lord said these words; John 14:5-7 (KJV)
"5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him."

The closer we draw to Him, the more the truth jumps out at us.

There's no wonder that so many folks have trouble weighing truth for themselves, I see the struggle every day on TV. The Dem gets up and puts forth the liberal view point and then (most of the time) a Repub gets up and gives the conservative view point. I can see how both sides could seem to be right. And yet, a close personal relationship with The Savior affords one the luxury of rejecting most of the blather out of hand. Hence the confusion about truth in our society today. We have turned our back to our Creator, the source of all truth.

So, I am happy that, in this day when all truth is supposedly subjective, and universities teach that there are no absolute truths ala the liberal mindset, that it is in fact possible to know the truth on an individual level. I don't need to be told what the truth is, the Holy Spirit witnesses truth within me. There are about 1,817 prophecies in the Bible, many of them have already come to pass (with a 100% accuracy rate). The validity of those that remain, when cast against the backdrop of current world affairs, is not hard accept. When one has the pleasure of watching one of God's promises come to pass, the affect is exhilarating. And the comfort and support that Christian discernment affords believers is something truly priceless. Words cannot express how happy I am to be able to look in the faces of my family and give them real truth. Where the SCOTUS stumbles, God's Word is inerrant.

FWIW, when I hear some of these fantastic claims being made by political leaders, sometimes a scripture comes to mind; Revelation 13:5 (KJV)
"5 And there was [SIZE="4"]given unto him a mouth[/SIZE] speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months." Folks, it's only gonna get worse. Ironically, the very mouths that speak great things, (all against the sovereignty of God Almighty) will be given to the speaker(s) by God. In other words, the speaker's only claim to fame will be nothing more than his by design, and in scripted defiance, saying things that fan the flames leading to the ultimate end of the rebellion of man, of which BTW, God can count down to the day and millisecond! No word ever spoken will be unanticipated by God, neither will be any of man's puny disobediences.
Sports, Movies, Music, Friends
Listening to my church's praise team
Hearing my kids laugh
Seeing my kids do well in school and other activities
Short trips to the beach
Watching Yankees, Cowboys, Bengals, UNC, and Fairview lose
Jarons Wrote:Listening to my church's praise team
Hearing my kids laugh
Short trips to the beach

You forgot to say watching E.K.U. winning makes you happy.
Golfing and fishing
Jarons Wrote:Listening to my church's praise team
Hearing my kids laugh
Short trips to the beach

You cheated!! We weren't supposed to mention family.
But since it was about your beautiful kids, you get a pass!

Wink
Today happiness is being mindful of 54 temps after all we've been through so far this winter and a great church family who I helped prepare and serve food for a mens breakfast this morning.

Being selfless and "kingdom building" is a beautiful thing!
After a low of 0 last night and single digits tonight. I might have to go streaking in the quad next week when temps may climb as high as 55!

So this week, looking forward to temps above 40 make me ecstatic...
football!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really enjoyed working outside today in a long sleeve shirt with the sun in my face and 50 degree temps.

I've had perma grin ever since.
Orange Creamsicles…
The start of hs football pre-season…
Storms w/out damage...
Church, Friends, Music, Racing, Golf, Fishing and Sports
* Feeling better after the worst summer cold I've had in five years…

* Fighting through said terrible cold and securing a better job to meet my families needs…

* Being on the sideline of a 7-on-7 watching hs football for 4 hours yesterday was downright awesome…Confusedinglepar

* Thankful, mindful, and giving all the glory to God for guidance and work ethic…

:Thumbs:
Being mindful and anticipating peoples needs!!!
Completed watching the final season of "Homeland this evening with Mrs. Spirit100."

Very good series...not sure where they can go from here?
Summers almost over. I like the feel of fall but know eventually cold weather is right around the corner.
I also want to add to my list, that BGR really makes me happy. And I'm not just saying that either. But it really is a sense of relief when you had a hard day of classes or just finished a bunch of homework to just get on BGR and talk about sports or practically anything you want with a bunch of people you have no idea what they look like, but they get to be like they're apart of your family and someone you've know all your life!
Fit to be tied in a good way this morning. Was able to get a two hour early start on my weekend thanks to an efficient 3rd shift tone from tonight.

And had to go by a belt since someone has gone from 250 lbs. to 238 in the last 8 weeks. Feeling great and next goal is 228!

Go to myfitnesspal.com and put this invaluable free tool to work for you. Smaller portions and more fruits and vegetables have been the key along with the discipline and will power to make it work. Pre-planning meals 2-3 days in advance also has been a game changer.

If anyone would like to start a weight watcher/ lose weight/ fitness thread let's make that happen. Accountability partners are a beautiful thing. And trust me, if I can do it...anyone else can to!

Let me know and we'll make it happen. The motivation for me started with a hs friend I've stayed in touch with over the years inviting me to a "biggest loser" contest online. We've got folks involved all over the country. Sometimes it's just as easy as taking one step and placing another in front of the other and encouragement along the way!

:Thumbs:
And I almost forgot....it's hs football friday for another 13 weeks!
boobies.
God....Kayla....Food...Family....Music...Sports...Work (Yes Work)
College football and quality family time yesterday was "epic."
Windows open and cool sleeping temps below 65 degrees.......OH YEAH!!!
Pages: 1 2