Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryle Rumor Mill- Warner Out
Pick6 Wrote:1-9 at Middletown is like going 1-9 at Highlands. Those folks have huge expectations. Most coaches win when they have talent. I'd be more interested in how competitive their teams are when they do not have talent. That is when coaching excellence shines.

How disciplined are their teams? Do they take a lot of unnecessary penalties? Do they have unforced turnovers? And , a big one for Ryle, how well do they relate with the boosters and parents?

Well the issue with any D1 school in Cincy is keeping the guys competitive all year long. They loss to Elder by 6 and Fairfield by a 11, both of those being playoff teams. But they had some ugly losses too.

With that said, Everhart did break a playoff drought at Winton Woods in 2005 and really put them on the map in Cincinnati for football.
"Union Mafia, Triple Crown Mafia (or Power Rangers) the dads from the BCPFL team (I think it was the Chiefs). They all played major roles in this as they sent complaint letters to Principal Turner, meet with the AD. Two bad years gave them the pressure to oust him."

First time that I have heard of the BCPWFL in this mess. BCPWFL was at great odds with the Union Raider program. Wolfe and Belk were both Chief's dads and coaches. I don't think they would cut their own throats over this.

I agree his departure was not over wins and losses. A lot of parents were fed up with his lack of consistent honesty. I personally know of 3 quality and notable coaches that have left the program for this reason. He had every player sign a code of conduct that he himself would not adhere too.
Consider tracking down Shawn Berner who resigned from Ft. Campbell last year. That man built a dynasty there.