Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ryle Rumor Mill- Warner Out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
According to various Rumors and sources Warner has been canned for the School on the top of the hill in Union.

I have not had this 100% confirmed but it's about 95%.

Ryle is the 2nd best public job in NKY.
Who are likely candidates for the job? An earlier thread suggested Chuck Smith, didn't he build Boyle's dynasty?
I really have no idea. No names have been thrown around except Chuck but his name has been thrown for every job open right now.

Kevin Siple has been thrown around but I'm not for sure if he would be a good fit.
Siple prob has too much baggage.
Ryle is going to get alot of interest from coaches all over greater Cincinnati, they should take their time
My warning to Raider nation still stands I hope you know what your gettin into. I pray and hope for a strong season next year but if an unfamiliar coach and scheme is brought in you can expect a worse season than the one just played. Boone County stands a great example.

I would really like to see Mike Wolfe be handed the reigns. Move Harden to D Cooridnator and bring in. A big name OC. This would give the Raiders the best opportunity to produce success next season.
I've heard the rumor as well. Could Teagarden come back????
Stardust Wrote:I've heard the rumor as well. Could Teagarden come back????

Great question. I'd heard that towards the end of his career at Ryle, he'd convinced Warner to "adjust" Ryle off season's conditioning program to something similar to Highlands. Which meant less lifting and a whole lot more emphasis on conditioning, agility, speed and quickness. I also heard that the change wasn't received well by players and parents at Ryle. A lot more use of trash cans every day as vomit recepticles. And such lead to a decrease in the number of kids playing and a big increase in parental grumbling.

I have zero idea if any of the above is true, but if it is, Teagarden might not have the red carpet rolled out for him at Ryle. I think he's a very good coach by the way.
charlie22 Wrote:Great question. I'd heard that towards the end of his career at Ryle, he'd convinced Warner to "adjust" Ryle off season's conditioning program to something similar to Highlands. Which meant less lifting and a whole lot more emphasis on conditioning, agility, speed and quickness. I also heard that the change wasn't received well by players and parents at Ryle. A lot more use of trash cans every day as vomit recepticles. And such lead to a decrease in the number of kids playing and a big increase in parental grumbling.

I have zero idea if any of the above is true, but if it is, Teagarden might not have the red carpet rolled out for him at Ryle. I think he's a very good coach by the way.
Teagarden was fired by Turner, so I doubt he will get the job. He has daddy coach issues as well. His dad follows him everywhere along with some other red haired gnome that works for dad.
I like Coach Wolf as well, great coach, good guy and the kids would probably like that as well. I wonder though, if fresh blood isn't needed in this position. I don't know Wolf's resume', has he been with Warner for so long that it would be a recycling of the same philosophy we've seen in recent years? I would prefer an offensive minded guy that can work his scheme around the strength of his players from year to year, develop younger players and get away if possible from the majority of players going both ways.
Also wondering if moving Wolf up to HC and hiring an established hi power OC wouldn't be a stepping stone job that would turn over from time to time.
Noel Rash.
^ I could see that as a very real possibility
Stardust Wrote:^ I could see that as a very real possibility

From what I am hearing they have been courting him hard for the last month or so.
TNT, the transition to balanced offense, platooning and adjusting the attitude of developmental football to be developmental, not competitive are going to be painful no matter who is coaching.

The transition to platooning was a big reason why SK was 2-9 in 2011.
Noel Rash as a Ryle candidate? Do you really think a HC with no background in passing offense and no background in platooning is going to fly in Union? This is not 1a ball your talking about.
Pick6 Wrote:TNT, the transition to balanced offense, platooning and adjusting the attitude of developmental football to be developmental, not competitive are going to be painful no matter who is coaching.

The transition to platooning was a big reason why SK was 2-9 in 2011.

Worth the pain for the payoff IMO.
^yeah, but Rash knows football and he'll be able to adjust with a few issues.

Speaking of Beechwood, what about Mike Yeagle Wink
You could bring in Nick Saban and still have upset parents. You got to spit out the silver spoon and get to work if you want to compete against the Louisville 6A teams. Boone should be better next year and Campbell/Dixie should win the district. Ryle is 2-3 years away from being a contender in NKY 6A no matter who they bring in.
I can understand the parent rage in Union. Kids sitting during JV and Freshman games? Blatant favoritism towards players that had parents coaching? I'm amazed more kids from Ryle have not made their way to Cov Cath and Beechwood.
Stardust Wrote:I've heard the rumor as well. Could Teagarden come back????

I can promise you that will never happen. Way to many issues with way too many parents.... He was a good coach but he made a few enemies at his time at Ryle...
I don't think Wolfe would be more of the same anyone that paid attention to the sidelines this year could notice Woolfe & Warner going at it a little bit more than the past. I think Woolfe would stick to the Defense and what he knows and bring in a Good OC to take full control over the O similar to how Mike controlled the D under Warner.

Woolfe has turned down numerous HC jobs in NKY. Cov Cath, Cooper, and a few others. I think he would be a solid pick especially if he does leave coaching in a few years it could be a nice transition into an assistant Coaches hands.

I don't see Kevin Siple even being offered the Job unless its for OC. And I doubt anyone would leave a HC postion at a 5a school for an OC job at a 6a.

Chuck Smith is a Lex Coach and if any school could lure him out of that Area I think it could be Ryle.

I still think if Wolfe isn't given the opportunity they will look north at a Cincy Coach and try and steal one away.

I rank the NKY jobs.
1. Highlands
2. Cov Cath/Beechwood
3. SK/Ryle
4. Dixie/Boone/Campbell/NCC
5. Cooper/Conner/
Who is the freshman coach and would he be a candidate?
currybill Wrote:Who is the freshman coach and would he be a candidate?

Bernier (idk how to spell his name)

From what I've heard he wouldn't take it if offered but would take a assistant/cooridnator role.
Canes Wrote:You could bring in Nick Saban and still have upset parents. You got to spit out the silver spoon and get to work if you want to compete against the Louisville 6A teams. Boone should be better next year and Campbell/Dixie should win the district. Ryle is 2-3 years away from being a contender in NKY 6A no matter who they bring in.

SK will win district next year nobody in NKY will be able to stop Powell!
Not a chance! He is part of what got BW in hot water.
As a Ryle supporter I think it is important that all true Ryle fans say Thank You to Coach Warner. He has been a driving force in the Raider nation for a long time. He did some great things while at Ryle and he will be missed. Having said that all good things come to an end. I am confident that the Ryle administration will work diligently to hire a new Coach that will help Ryle get to an elite level.

I continue to read posts that suggests that "Daddy Coaches" are the biggest issue. To those people I say you should be ashamed that you spread blatant lies about that which you clearly have no knowledges. I have been around for some time and that is just blatantly false. No child in the Ryle program has been given a job because he was/is the son of a coach. Even last year the QB that started was the best option for the Raiders to win.

The new coach will have a difficult job in that he will need to fill assistant positions with existing teachers in the Ryle building. No doubt the two that coached last year will continue to coach if they choose too. They are great coaches and people. That leaves about 6 other coach positions to fill. That will be the challenge. I believe that the Ryle family will come out of this stronger.
I heard a rumor today that Troy Everhart was interested. Everhart won a state title at Winton Woods (OH) a few years ago, was just fired from Middletown (OH) after they went 1-9 this year.
1-9 at Middletown is like going 1-9 at Highlands. Those folks have huge expectations. Most coaches win when they have talent. I'd be more interested in how competitive their teams are when they do not have talent. That is when coaching excellence shines.

How disciplined are their teams? Do they take a lot of unnecessary penalties? Do they have unforced turnovers? And , a big one for Ryle, how well do they relate with the boosters and parents?
This wasn't about Wins & Losses this has been a long time coming. It started when this upcoming Senior group and the Union Raider dads came to the program. Both had very successful teams that won with more conventional offenses. These parents didn't like Warner from the start becuase they were afraid he would Squander a season away because his offense doesn't work agains Lville.

2010 I remember coaches telling me he came to them a week before the Trinity game saying we need to pass more. The coach said we have Hempel we should of been passing in August it's too late. Then when they played Trinity, Trinity focused everything to holding Elliott under 150 yds rushing and put the game in Hempels hands. Conner did a great job but I know if they would of installed that offense earlier they would of beat that Trinity team. Instead the lost 28-9.

Union Mafia, Triple Crown Mafia (or Power Rangers) the dads from the BCPFL team (I think it was the Chiefs). They all played major roles in this as they sent complaint letters to Principal Turner, meet with the AD. Two bad years gave them the pressure to oust him.

I was against Warner leaving until about two weeks ago when I had seen some of the letters and surveys going around. They made valid points but at this point I knew it was best for Warner to go a seperate way. They support wasn't there and would not be there next year. He will be a sought after coach. I would think he would drop down a level or two and start over.

This didn't have to do with there schedule as I know the folks of Union like to brag about who they play and I would expect there to be pressure to continue to play some "D-1 Talent schools" just not as many.
Raiderforlife Wrote:Not a chance! He is part of what got BW in hot water.
who are you talking about?
Pages: 1 2