Poll: Who Will Win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Harlan County
70.00%
Madison Southern
30.00%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 9(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madison Southern @ Harlan County 11/15
jim rome Wrote:Once again they have played 1 decent team, it was a loss. You have played 2 decent teams and 1 good team all 3 losses, 2 blowouts. HC can't pass or defend the pass and probably can't contain Harris. Mark it down!!!!

3 State Championship Contenders!!! LEGIT!
Southern played a weak schedule. We got beat by Johnson Central a very good team, at last check UNDEFETED! Greeneville #2 in 4A in TN UNDEFETED!
and a solid Belfry team coached by a legend! also only 1 loss! What's your point? You cant argue without AMMO! We will soon see.
BTW the game is on the internet at 105.1 WTUK: dudecomeon:
Full deck Wrote:Is there a strategy to spending the night with it being only a 2 hour drive
They heard from Middlesboro about how those 2 hour bus rides magically transform into 4 hour rides due to the time warp around the mountains and decided not to chance it.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I tried to be good, Middlesboro fans! Really! :-)
So where is madison southern right now, can carmen diego find them
FarristownFlyer Wrote:Well I'll tell you right now Pulaski Co. had a very tough defense and had Madison Southern not turned the ball over that could have easily been a different game, but Damien exploded in the 4th quarter of that game. So saying that we haven't played anybody with a defense needs to rethink that just a little. Either way this will be a tight game. Madison Southern has to defend Harlan's running game just the same.

I couldn't care less about this game have no dog in the fight. I was however at the Ms v PC game and we must see it thru different color glasses. I saw a Pulaski County team who take away a BS fumble call on the goal line early and stupid pass late in the game that was picked and should have never been thrown. Pc wins that game 28 10 or even 35 10. ANYONE at the game knows the score was closer then the game. Pulaski County physically dominated Madison Southern in the trenches from what I saw. Pulaski County defense is better then expected but still not very good. That even coming from their own radio guys. Looking at stat line, pulaski had more turnovers then Madison Southern in the game so.....

Now having seen all these teams play. I'm taking Madison South, for one reason Damien Harris. This kid can take over a game and I've never seen a kid in HS fball who can do that.

Either way it will be a great game.
[quote=ataclance]I couldn't care less about this game have no dog in the fight. I was however at the Ms v PC game and we must see it thru different color glasses. I saw a Pulaski County team who take away a BS fumble call on the goal line early and stupid pass late in the game that was picked and should have never been thrown. Pc wins that game 28 10 or even 35 10. ANYONE at the game knows the score was closer then the game. Pulaski County physically dominated Madison Southern in the trenches from what I saw. Pulaski County defense is better then expected but still not very good. That even coming from their own radio guys. Looking at stat line, pulaski had more turnovers then Madison Southern in the game so.....

Now having seen all these teams play. I'm taking Madison South, for one reason Damien Harris. This kid can take over a game and I've never seen a kid in HS fball who can do that.

Damion is the real deal and yes, the PC game wasn't as close as the score indicated. I was at the game and have been at every game since then. That loss was a blessing in disguise for Southern - a wake up call for coaches; fans and players.

Going into Harlan County tonight the Southern team is a much improved and much better prepared team than what we saw during the PC game. We respect the Harlan County team and players - but Southern wins this game with defense; and three break aways by Harris
It's GAME DAY in the mountains!!! For all those doubters out there, Look out cause HERE COMES THE BEARS!!! HERE COMES THE FILTHY ANIMALS!!!
[SIZE="5"]CLOSE THE GATES.....IT'S FEEDING TIME!!!!

GO BEARS!!!! THE BLACK BEAR NATION LOVES YOU!!!!!
[/SIZE]

:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Wave::football::Wave::Cheerlead:Cheerlead
Good luck tonight Black Bears.
Good luck all!!!!
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:I swear 64 cracks me up Confusednicker:

Don't he!! Bet he would be a blast at a tailgate party!!
November 15, 2013
H.S. FOOTBALL: Eagles ready for another shot at Harlan County By Bob Flynn Register Sports Writer

RICHMOND — The Madison Southern Eagles (9-1) are no strangers to their opponent tonight in the second round of the Class 5A football playoffs in Harlan.

In fact, they have a score to settle with the Harlan County Black Bears (8-3), the team that knocked them out of the playoffs last season in the second round.

But making amends won’t come easy because Harlan County is once again a very good football team.

The Black Bears have a potent offense with the top rushing game in Class 5A, led by one of the state’s best running back tandems and a big, strong offensive line.

Fred Massey is the leading rusher for Harlan County, averaging 220 yards per game, while backfield-mate Cole Wilson is averaging 167 yards per game on the ground.

In Harlan County’s first-round win over Lincoln County last week, the duo combined for more than 450 yards on the ground as the Black Bears cruised to an easy 44-7 win.

The Black Bears can also hurt you through the air. Last week, quarterback Scotty Bailey was 8-of-9 passing for 144 yards and two touchdowns. Cole Wilson is Bailey’s favorite target, but three other receivers are averaging three or more catches per week as well.

Southern coach Jon Clark said he’s confident his team is better prepared for the Black Bears this season than they were last year.

“This is a game that could go either way, but I absolutely think we are up to the challenge. We are playing good enough ball right now and we are not one-dimensional like we were last year. They are pretty one-dimensional, so if we can slow that down, I like our chances,” Clark said. “Last year we hoped we could play with them. This year we know we can.”

Clark said for the Eagles to come away with a win, they will definitely have to contain the running game at the point of attack, which he thinks the Eagles can do.

“They are big up front so we’ve got to get off the blocks and the first guy that makes the contact has got to hang on and bring them to the ground. That’s where our swarming defense is going to come in handy,” Clark said. “They are No. 1 in the state in rush yards, but we’re fifth in the state in rush defense, so I feel pretty good that we are up to the challenge.”

The Black Bears are no slouch on defense either, giving up only 171 points on the year, 45 of which came in a loss to Greenville Tenn., one of the top teams in the state.

Harlan County is very strong against the run, allowing only 87 yards a game, and in three games this season, including against Madison Central, the Black Bears have held the opposing team to negative yardage for the game.

In their eight wins, they have allowed only 31 yards per game rushing. In their three losses, they have given up 201 yards per game on the ground.

Clark said he doesn’t expect any special wrinkles out of the defense to try to stop standout running back Damien Harris.

“They are not going to do anything different for him. They are going to do what they do. I think going into the game they are going to try to out-physical us. They are going to hit us hard and they are going to try to cut us up front,” Clark said. “On the D-line they are going to cut our O-linemen to keep us from getting to the linebackers. We faced that against Rockcastle, North Laurel and Whitley County. We’ll be fine.”

Clark said another big key to the game will be ball security, especially on special teams, something the Eagles have done a great job of since their loss to Pulaski County three weeks ago.

“We can’t turn the ball over. We haven’t had a turnover in the last three games. Championship teams don’t turn the ball over to the other team and we’re doing a good job with that right now,” Clark said. “They like to do some short kicks and risk the recovery, so we have to make sure that we handle the football. We’ve also got to be solid in our punt protection and punt return stuff. I feel good about where we are and think we will do that.”

Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. in Harlan.
Granny Bear Wrote:Go back and read my response to that idiot, 64SUR. You might me impressed!!
Wink

Allway impresses with Harlan county folks and your fans they are #1 in my books :Cheerlead
Daddycat27 Wrote:November 15, 2013
H.S. FOOTBALL: Eagles ready for another shot at Harlan County By Bob Flynn Register Sports Writer

RICHMOND — The Madison Southern Eagles (9-1) are no strangers to their opponent tonight in the second round of the Class 5A football playoffs in Harlan.

In fact, they have a score to settle with the Harlan County Black Bears (8-3), the team that knocked them out of the playoffs last season in the second round.

But making amends won’t come easy because Harlan County is once again a very good football team.

The Black Bears have a potent offense with the top rushing game in Class 5A, led by one of the state’s best running back tandems and a big, strong offensive line.

Fred Massey is the leading rusher for Harlan County, averaging 220 yards per game, while backfield-mate Cole Wilson is averaging 167 yards per game on the ground.

In Harlan County’s first-round win over Lincoln County last week, the duo combined for more than 450 yards on the ground as the Black Bears cruised to an easy 44-7 win.

The Black Bears can also hurt you through the air. Last week, quarterback Scotty Bailey was 8-of-9 passing for 144 yards and two touchdowns. Cole Wilson is Bailey’s favorite target, but three other receivers are averaging three or more catches per week as well.

Southern coach Jon Clark said he’s confident his team is better prepared for the Black Bears this season than they were last year.

“This is a game that could go either way, but I absolutely think we are up to the challenge. We are playing good enough ball right now and we are not one-dimensional like we were last year. They are pretty one-dimensional, so if we can slow that down, I like our chances,” Clark said. “Last year we hoped we could play with them. This year we know we can.”

Clark said for the Eagles to come away with a win, they will definitely have to contain the running game at the point of attack, which he thinks the Eagles can do.

“They are big up front so we’ve got to get off the blocks and the first guy that makes the contact has got to hang on and bring them to the ground. That’s where our swarming defense is going to come in handy,” Clark said. “They are No. 1 in the state in rush yards, but we’re fifth in the state in rush defense, so I feel pretty good that we are up to the challenge.”

The Black Bears are no slouch on defense either, giving up only 171 points on the year, 45 of which came in a loss to Greenville Tenn., one of the top teams in the state.

Harlan County is very strong against the run, allowing only 87 yards a game, and in three games this season, including against Madison Central, the Black Bears have held the opposing team to negative yardage for the game.

In their eight wins, they have allowed only 31 yards per game rushing. In their three losses, they have given up 201 yards per game on the ground.

Clark said he doesn’t expect any special wrinkles out of the defense to try to stop standout running back Damien Harris.

“They are not going to do anything different for him. They are going to do what they do. I think going into the game they are going to try to out-physical us. They are going to hit us hard and they are going to try to cut us up front,” Clark said. “On the D-line they are going to cut our O-linemen to keep us from getting to the linebackers. We faced that against Rockcastle, North Laurel and Whitley County. We’ll be fine.”

Clark said another big key to the game will be ball security, especially on special teams, something the Eagles have done a great job of since their loss to Pulaski County three weeks ago.

“We can’t turn the ball over. We haven’t had a turnover in the last three games. Championship teams don’t turn the ball over to the other team and we’re doing a good job with that right now,” Clark said. “They like to do some short kicks and risk the recovery, so we have to make sure that we handle the football. We’ve also got to be solid in our punt protection and punt return stuff. I feel good about where we are and think we will do that.”

Hahaha..Ok
Daddycat27 Wrote:November 15, 2013

Not confident is he
Demarcus ware Wrote:No we blew the decent teams out, the very good teams are the ones that beat us. You know the very good ones that could very well be playing for state titles this year..Yeah those one's...

I definitely wouldn't call 23-18 a blowout. Other than that, all the other teams that you did blow out are below average at best.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
I told you, in my game day post, to stop being snotty!!!
Full deck Wrote:Not confident is he

Well what do you want a Coach to be..."oh well golly Goober, we're gonna go down there and try to lose a ball game...shucks Andy, tell Ernest T. we'll have beans and cornbread ready when you get home"?...I don't think so!
Getting ready to leave now...I have enjoyed this post this week and either way I have loved the respect shown on here!!! Many times fans get pissed and take things the wrong way. Either way a good team will win tonight and a good team will lose...I just hope the EAGLES WIN...See you folks tonight!!!
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:I definitely wouldn't call 23-18 a blowout. Other than that, all the other teams that you did blow out are below average at best.
I know. We played a weak schedule this year. i wasn't thinking i guess when i posted that.
This time last year, I was defending accusations that we played a weak schedule and chose to play a weak schedule. Now, I'm defending 3 losses to three teams that are at the very least state champion contenders.

Everybody know what's best for every other team!! So many "coaches", so little time!!
Wink

Travel safely Farristownflyer, and Eagle nation!! Welcome to Coal Miner's Memorial Stadium, home of the Black Bear Nation.

Oh, and by the way..................
Granny Bear Wrote:I told you, in my game day post, to stop being snotty!!!

Sorry! I guess not being around as often as I used to has brought out the troll in me! :biggrin: I'll try to be on my best behavior the rest of the day!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Demarcus ware Wrote:I know. We played a weak schedule this year. i wasn't thinking i guess when i posted that.

Those Deep Dark Hills must be affecting your train of thought! I'll let it slide this time.Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Those Deep Dark Hills must be affecting your train of thought! I'll let it slide this time.Confusednicker:
Nah it's not the hills affecting my thoughts, but i will say they are a little screwy these days..Right Granny? Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:This time last year, I was defending accusations that we played a weak schedule and chose to play a weak schedule. Now, I'm defending 3 losses to three teams that are at the very least state champion contenders.

Everybody know what's best for every other team!! So many "coaches", so little time!!
Wink

Travel safely Farristownflyer, and Eagle nation!! Welcome to Coal Miner's Memorial Stadium, home of the Black Bear Nation.

Oh, and by the way..................

You can't satisfy everybody Granny. Good luck to you guys tonight.
GAMEDAY!

Go Bears!!!!!!

Safe travels to all from Berea!
Just checked the weather looks like about a 40% chance of rain for the game tonight. Temps should be in the upper 40's. With it being a turf field could give Harris a little more trouble to keep his footing.

In the words of my dear friend granny bear!!!

It's feeding time and the bears are hungry!!!!
Already raining!!!!
Madison Southern has turf to. Non issue I think.

Oh that Coach at Southern sure doesn't lack confidence that's for sure..but would you if you had Damien Harris. Haha

I just hit Pineville, on my way for this game.
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)