Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region 2013/14
The teams to watch next year will be Knott Central, and Powell County.

I predict Powell will take the 14th region though, Next year they will have Brett Goodwin, Caleb McCoy, Austin Mullin, Brad Smith, and the player to watch Bradley Cornett! I also look for Powell to have a new coach..
14th Region Follower Wrote:The teams to watch next year will be Knott Central, and Powell County.

I predict Powell will take the 14th region though, Next year they will have Brett Goodwin, Caleb McCoy, Austin Mullin, Brad Smith, and the player to watch Bradley Cornett! I also look for Powell to have a new coach..

Where is Coach Hall going? Paris? Lee County?
Kcc, Cordia, Hazard, and Perry. One of those 4 will win. I don't see anyone else as an opposing. threat to those teams. 4 team race again with Knott as favorite.
Thats true those 4 prolly the top, BUT there could just be 2 of the 4 in the region and if that happens and those 2 get in the same bracket someone could sneak in the finals of the region. Anybody hear any Cordia news, how many are comming, whos staying?
It all depends on how many more players Cordia recruits this year.
I guess LCC might as well forget about basketball because no one doesn't even think we will compete. We only loose one guy. We return 4 starters. Give us a little credit guys. Really?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I haven't posted on this thread yet because u never know what the 14th region teams are going to look like.... I'm all for transfers but when schools start doing it every year it just becomes stupid.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lcc will miss Gregory big time. Unless they join the crowd and hit the recruiting trail they will miss region again. Cordia returns Tagaloa,chisolm,Combs,Lucin,Frimpong. The only reason lcc hasn't been mentioned is because their in the hardest district in the region.
Strikeout King Wrote:Where is Coach Hall going? Paris? Lee County?
I believe Hall will go to Lee County, and the former Lee County coach will be in Powell
KHSAA12 Wrote:Lcc will miss Gregory big time. Unless they join the crowd and hit the recruiting trail they will miss region again. Cordia returns Tagaloa,chisolm,Combs,Lucin,Frimpong. The only reason lcc hasn't been mentioned is because their in the hardest district in the region.

C'mon now lol
Sorry, the 54th has been consistently the toughest district in the 14th. 53rd and proud here but give the Perry County schools credit.
Just my opinion. I think this knott team, what Rhodes is doing at Cordia, and LCC trump Perry and Hazard.
And knott will be even more dangerous next season if what I have been hearing is true. Teny will fit with this team well.
Who?
KHSAA12 Wrote:And knott will be even more dangerous next season if what I have been hearing is true. Teny will fit with this team well.

Not likely...
KHSAA12 Wrote:Just my opinion. I think this knott team, what Rhodes is doing at Cordia, and LCC trump Perry and Hazard.

Let's not count Buckhorn that went to the finals of the region last year and Leslie tha made the region this year.
KHSAA12 Wrote:Just my opinion. I think this knott team, what Rhodes is doing at Cordia, and LCC trump Perry and Hazard.

The 14th will, and always will, run through the 54th District.

I'd put Leslie and Buckhorn up against Jenkins, JBS and Letcher any day of the week.
Buckhorn returns all of their players from last season and will still be young with only a couple seniors who saw limited time. This was a freshmen and sophomore led team this season with some good talent. This team will be better and older and will give teams problems next season. Plus, John Noble is one of the better coaches in this area who will get everything and more out of his team.
In the 14th you always have to wait and see how the recruiting season goes. If things stay as they are now then Knott would be the easy pick since they won it the last 2 years and bring the 4 super sophs back. They will be bigger, better and stronger so if the 14th was gonna beat them they should have done it the last 2 years. But recruiting can change things so you never know.
Just doesn't seem that long ago that we were reading all the posts how Beverly was the next OJ Mayo and that he was the best PG in the state. Now it's evident that Justice is head and shoulders the best player in the region, with Johnson following some distance behind. It's really a circus what goes on in this region when it comes to recruits, but you have to give KCC credit, they seem to be able to overcome all of the new faces every year, not that they don't have new ones of their own, and it's hard to tell who will suit up there next season. Bottom line, in my very humble opinion, PCC had to overcome their coaching shortcomings. Wonder if that will change? Cordia will be an also-ran.
UPIKEFAN Wrote:Just doesn't seem that long ago that we were reading all the posts how Beverly was the next OJ Mayo and that he was the best PG in the state. Now it's evident that Justice is head and shoulders the best player in the region, with Johnson following some distance behind. It's really a circus what goes on in this region when it comes to recruits, but you have to give KCC credit, they seem to be able to overcome all of the new faces every year, not that they don't have new ones of their own, and it's hard to tell who will suit up there next season. Bottom line, in my very humble opinion, PCC had to overcome their coaching shortcomings. Wonder if that will change? Cordia will be an also-ran.

I disagree. Braxton is a pg. Camron is a sg, he plays point because knott dose not have any one else who can really. And with Johnson being a big man its ever harder to compare.
dore20 Wrote:I disagree. Braxton is a pg. Camron is a sg, he plays point because knott dose not have any one else who can really. And with Johnson being a big man its ever harder to compare.

You can disagree, but you'd be wrong. Knew that refrain was coming. He plays the 1. He's a shoot first point guard. They both play the one. Necessity aside, they are both PGs. And one is significantly better than the other. That's not to say that Beverly isn't a fine player. My point is that this region is schizpphrenic. Never know who's gonna show up where, or how this thing will turn out. If nothing else, it's never boring.
Justice is as good as a guard that there is. The only knock I would give him is that he doesn't have elite speed or quickness. Beverly is a good high school player and at 5'10 he might can play small college bball (NAIA, D2, Low D1). Justice is without question the best player and prospect in the 14th region. He needs to keep working and expanding his game but he could be a nice piece in the right college system.
I look for Wolfe County to go far next year. Bringing in some real good talent