Poll: will UK claim at-large>
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
73.68%
No
10.53%
don't know, don't care
15.79%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Kentucky make the tournament as an at large?
To concrete are large bid we need to split Florida!
We don't need a lose to Tennessee, Georgia, Vanderbilt!!!!
To update what I posted earlier, the win against a hot, ranked Ole Miss team helps.

I look at it this way:
No bad losses the rest of the way, 20 wins including one against Florida = no help needed in the SEC tourney.
A bad loss, less than 20 wins, and no Florida wins = must win the SEC tourney.
A bad loss, 20 wins, 1 win vs. Florida = at least one win in the SEC tourney.
A bad loss, less than 20 wins, and a win vs. Florida = 2 SEC Tourney wins. (Bad losses REALLY hurt).

With the way things are looking:
Feb 2 @ TA&M
Feb 5 vs SCAR
Feb 9 vs AUB
Feb 12 @ #4 FLA
Feb 16 @ TENN
Feb 20 vs VAN
Feb 23 vs #17 MIZZ
Feb 27 vs MSST
Mar 2 @ ARK
Mar 7 @ UGA
Mar 9 vs #4 FLA

*Three games vs. ranked teams. Two of them are at Rupp.
* 6 home games, 5 road games.

Analyzing the remaining schedule:
- of the 6 remaining games at Rupp, there are 4 games that SHOULD be wins (USC, AUB, VU, and MSU). Winning those four would get UK to 18 wins.
-of the 5 remaining road games, only two are SHOULD win games (UT & UGA). That would get UK to 20 wins.
-of the 5 games that are not should-wins, there are two that are play-your-best-and-you-can-win games (TAMU and Arkansas). If UK splits those games, that gives them 21 wins.
-The other three games (#4 Florida [twice] & #17 Mizzou) are games that UK needs to play their best and the opponent needs to play at less than 100% efficiency. If UK can even squeak out 1 of those games that gives them 22 wins, including two total wins against ranked conference opponents.

So, with 22 wins and two wins against ranked teams, that should be enough.
LWC Wrote:To update what I posted earlier, the win against a hot, ranked Ole Miss team helps.

I look at it this way:
No bad losses the rest of the way, 20 wins including one against Florida = no help needed in the SEC tourney.
A bad loss, less than 20 wins, and no Florida wins = must win the SEC tourney.
A bad loss, 20 wins, 1 win vs. Florida = at least one win in the SEC tourney.
A bad loss, less than 20 wins, and a win vs. Florida = 2 SEC Tourney wins. (Bad losses REALLY hurt).

With the way things are looking:
Feb 2 @ TA&M
Feb 5 vs SCAR
Feb 9 vs AUB
Feb 12 @ #4 FLA
Feb 16 @ TENN
Feb 20 vs VAN
Feb 23 vs #17 MIZZ
Feb 27 vs MSST
Mar 2 @ ARK
Mar 7 @ UGA
Mar 9 vs #4 FLA

*Three games vs. ranked teams. Two of them are at Rupp.
* 6 home games, 5 road games.

Analyzing the remaining schedule:
- of the 6 remaining games at Rupp, there are 4 games that SHOULD be wins (USC, AUB, VU, and MSU). Winning those four would get UK to 18 wins.
-of the 5 remaining road games, only two are SHOULD win games (UT & UGA). That would get UK to 20 wins.
-of the 5 games that are not should-wins, there are two that are play-your-best-and-you-can-win games (TAMU and Arkansas). If UK splits those games, that gives them 21 wins.
-The other three games (#4 Florida [twice] & #17 Mizzou) are games that UK needs to play their best and the opponent needs to play at less than 100% efficiency. If UK can even squeak out 1 of those games that gives them 22 wins, including two total wins against ranked conference opponents.

So, with 22 wins and two wins against ranked teams, that should be enough.

The way things are going now, Mizzou is looking more and more
like one of those "should" win games, and likely aren't going to
be a ranked team at season's end. But nonetheless, UK goes
21-9 or better, they're in regardless of SEC result.
this upcoming game against A&M is crucial, UK can not afford a letdown against a team they already loss to after a huge win at Ole Miss. Kentucky is in a position to put themselves in the tournament without hoping and praying for some help from other teams.
toussaints Wrote:this upcoming game against A&M is crucial, UK can not afford a letdown against a team they already loss to after a huge win at Ole Miss. Kentucky is in a position to put themselves in the tournament without hoping and praying for some help from other teams.

Obviously winning this game on the road helps to erase the damage done from the loss at home. But the key for UK will be winning all
its remaining home games and picking off maybe 1-2 more road wins.
Or if they lose at home to FLA, they need to get 2-3 more road wins.
Either path would secure an at large bid, so THIS game is not
crucial. Of course we don't want to lose it, just need to
keep some perspective.
Curveball 24 Wrote:To concrete are large bid we need to split Florida!
We don't need a lose to Tennessee, Georgia, Vanderbilt!!!!

Splitting FLA starts the climb toward an upper seed, it's not necessary
to just get in, other things being equal. Now we lose to someone else at home,
then that brings back in the necessity of beating the Gators in Rupp.
Observing, you have to remember that UK has one top 50 win. A Florida or Mizzou win might be needed IF UK wants to be squarely in before SEC Tourney time.
Remember, Cats can still win the SEC Tournament and get into the tournament. But I think they will make it even without winning the SEC tourney. I'm saying at east 6-9 seed. This team might be coming together at the right time.
LWC Wrote:Observing, you have to remember that UK has one top 50 win. A Florida or Mizzou win might be needed IF UK wants to be squarely in before SEC Tourney time.

I remember all factors. And most likely we're not going to get
the chance to see my projection put to the test, because
I expect UK WILL beat A&M tonight and possibly knock off
UF in Rupp. BUt I'm telling you, folks are caught up in hysteria
that's unwarranted. UK can't go 5-6, or lose 2 more at home,
or close out the season with 3 straight losses. But 5-1 at home and 2 more road wins gets UK in and you can bank on it. (provided of course
that 4-5 losing teams don't win conference tnmts. and steal auto
bids fo course, doubt that iwll happen)
BlackBear3 Wrote:Remember, Cats can still win the SEC Tournament and get into the tournament. But I think they will make it even without winning the SEC tourney. I'm saying at east 6-9 seed. This team might be coming together at the right time.

This team will end up easily getting in, regardless of the SEC result.
Let's see what the seed ends up being, and where the last 4 at large
seeds are come selection Sunday. I'm betting UK will be a line above
the last at larges if they end up where I say they need to, 21-9 with
5 more home wins/2 more road wins.
yes