Poll: will UK claim at-large>
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
73.68%
No
10.53%
don't know, don't care
15.79%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Kentucky make the tournament as an at large?
Let's say UK doesn't win the SEC tournament, so put that idea out of the way. Could Kentucky make the tournament this season as an at large.
The only way Kentucky makes the NCAA Tournament is they have to win the SEC Tournament, if they lose in the SEC Tournament then it's to the NIT.
20 Wins gets them in. I don't care is they lose 1st round of SEC, they get in with 20 wins
^
Ive got to agree with that.

Getting to 20 is the hard part.
Right now Kentucky is at 12-6 (3-2 SEC) with this remaining schedule

Jan. 26 vs. LSU
Jan. 29 @ #23 Ole Miss
Feb. 2 @ Texas A&M
Feb. 5 South Carolina
Feb. 9 Auburn
Feb. 12 @ #8 Florida
Feb. 16 @ Tennessee
Feb. 20 Vanderbilt
Feb. 22 #22 Missouri
Feb. 27 Mississippi State
Mar. 2 @ Arkansas
Mar. 7 @ Georgia
Mar. 9 #8 Florida

If they wanna get to 20 wins and make the NCAA Tournament they better get the move on season is winding down quickly. They may get 20+ wins but I don't see it. Can you imagine what Florida is gonna do to us when we go down there?
They'll right the ship
If they get 20 wins they are in just in part cause big blue nation travels so good and the NCAA wants the money that the cats fan spend when they play!!
I think kentucky needs victories over Missouri, Florida, & Ole Miss!!!
If they pull off them three #6 seed!!!
Two of them #9 seed!!!
Florida #11 seed!!!
Lose them all OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As of right now, they are a NIT bound team.

But there is still hope of making the tournament, but as the man above me mentioned they need to win games against teams in the Top RPI 50 such as Florida/Missouri, etc.

Should they pull off at least 2 of them, I think they will make it.
J-Rod Wrote:As of right now, they are a NIT bound team.

But there is still hope of making the tournament, but as the man above me mentioned they need to win games against teams in the Top RPI 50 such as Florida/Missouri, etc.

I'm sorry, but having this type of talent on the team, NIT shouldn't even be mentioned. I'm OK with up and down years from the revolving door of recruits every year but not the NIT.
Stardust Wrote:20 Wins gets them in. I don't care is they lose 1st round of SEC, they get in with 20 wins

I agree Dusty, 20 wins and UK is in. Come on 8 more wins!
20 wins .

This Kentucky team plays better on the big stage . Don't be surprised if we split it with Florida.
Kentucky will make the NCAA tournament. It won't be pretty but they will just squeeze in as an 8 or 9 seed.
Curveball 24 Wrote:I think kentucky needs victories over Missouri, Florida, & Ole Miss!!!
If they pull off them three #6 seed!!!
Two of them #9 seed!!!
Florida #11 seed!!!
Lose them all OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want UK to beat Missouri so bad!
Its UK they will find a place for them more than likely. However, if they get the 20 wins they are in but one of those wins needs to be UF, a ranked Mizz team, or OleMiss
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Strikeout King Wrote:The only way Kentucky makes the NCAA Tournament is they have to win the SEC Tournament, if they lose in the SEC Tournament then it's to the NIT.

Looks like sanity is in sparse supply around here. At this point UK
looks to finish the regular season around 21-10/20-11. That will put them
in the NCAA regardless of the SEC result. And if the team closes
out like the 10-11 team did, which Cal's history makes likely,
they may end more like 23-8 and make a good SEC run which
would get them up to an upper seed.
J-Rod Wrote:As of right now, they are a NIT bound team.

Even in more normal year they would not be NIT bound right now.
In this overall down year, they're not in any danger of NIT as
this point. Now if they fall off and lose another home game or
two, or if they can't find a couple of more road wins, that could change.
Strikeout King Wrote:Right now Kentucky is at 12-6 (3-2 SEC) with this remaining schedule

Jan. 26 vs. LSU
Jan. 29 @ #23 Ole Miss
Feb. 2 @ Texas A&M
Feb. 5 South Carolina
Feb. 9 Auburn
Feb. 12 @ #8 Florida
Feb. 16 @ Tennessee
Feb. 20 Vanderbilt
Feb. 22 #22 Missouri
Feb. 27 Mississippi State
Mar. 2 @ Arkansas
Mar. 7 @ Georgia
Mar. 9 #8 Florida

If they wanna get to 20 wins and make the NCAA Tournament they better get the move on season is winding down quickly. They may get 20+ wins but I don't see it. Can you imagine what Florida is gonna do to us when we go down there?

7 home games remaining, and they most likely win 6. And out of A&M, Arkansas, Tenn and Georgia you can't see them getting 2 wins? COME ON?
And that's without them even coming together much better down
the stretch as Cal's history suggests they will.
Stardust Wrote:20 Wins gets them in. I don't care is they lose 1st round of SEC, they get in with 20 wins

i agree with this, but I think UK needs to beat Florida, Ole Miss or Missouri to make it an easier decision.

just for thought, the last time a team failed to make the tournament after a championship season: 2010 UNC Tar Heels. Kentucky's 79 team missed the tournament after winning it all in 1978. Don't worry though, Louisville did it too in 1987
Joe Lunardi currently has UK as a #10 seed. His bracketology is not an exact science,
but he's never missed that badly. His misses have always come from his last at alrge
picks in the #11-12 seed range. Lots of time yet, and UK could play their way out,
but they are solidly IN the NCAA right now. And Cal's track record suggests improved
play will come, which might get them up to an upper seed.
^ i think that was before the loss to Alabama though, it'll be interesting to see where he'll have them next week
This UK team is a lot like the Florida team the year after they won back to back titles (young, sluggish, lazy, entitled)..That UF team won 21 regular season games, but didnt have any quality wins, and ended up in the NIT..This UK team has zero quality wins as of right now. I agree that 20 will probably get them in, but 17, 18 or even 19 with no quality wins, and they are NIT bound..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I believe UK will make the tourney.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Didn't Billy G's last team win 22 games and miss the NCAA?
Me and a buddy was talking about this the other day. We agreed that UK needs to win 20 games AND one of them wins needs to be against a quality opponent.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
toussaints Wrote:^ i think that was before the loss to Alabama though, it'll be interesting to see where he'll have them next week

Lunardi updates his bracket on pretty much a daily basis, not
a weekly basis.
Uk needs 20 wins. To get there they have to win 7 out of the 12 remaining games. I believe one of those needs to be Florida.
toussaints Wrote:^ i think that was before the loss to Alabama though, it'll be interesting to see where he'll have them next week

You are 100% accurate! Any moron with a PC can go straight to ESPN and see that he only updates it weekly, but most Dumb Stupid Redneck FANS make up loads of crap and plaster it on a social media site because they are too ignorant to know any better. But God love them, they try, and they try often. Who knows, maybe someday they just might post something accurate - ahhh, who's kidding who, no they won't .....

WOOF WOOF
:rockon:
Nice win over Ole Miss. Now they gotta get to the 20 win mark. And I think they still need to beat Florida at least once to really secure a spot.
Stardust Wrote:You are 100% accurate! Any moron with a PC can go straight to ESPN and see that he only updates it weekly, but most Dumb Stupid Redneck FANS make up loads of crap and plaster it on a social media site because they are too ignorant to know any better. But God love them, they try, and they try often. Who knows, maybe someday they just might post something accurate - ahhh, who's kidding who, no they won't .....

WOOF WOOF
:rockon:

Guess I hadn't noticed that he only updates it weekly
now, as opposed to constant revisions at the end of the season
as teams are fighting for their bids in post season tnmts.
and he updates it and his Last 4 In, First 4 Out everyday if not
more often.

That being said, Dusty seeing you call anyone a "dumb stupid redneck" is funnier than hearing Obama complain about "partisan" congressmen.
If it was a contest for crimson necklines and lack if intelligence
on this board, you'd have NO rival.