Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry not just a football school anymore.
As the season comes along the games will get easier for Belfry. Whipped Johns creek at the their place and destoryed Logan last week. Was up 27-3 at the end of the first quarter on Logan and 12-2 on JC.
With football being just about over for the Pirates the team will start coming together better. Tuff to do anything when the boys only get to practice or play 3-4 days a week where some are still playing football.
proud44pirate Wrote:With football being just about over for the Pirates the team will start coming together better. Tuff to do anything when the boys only get to practice or play 3-4 days a week where some are still playing football.
Which is why Belfry will never be anything but a football school. lol.

I do not doubt they are solid this season, but Belfry fans can ask themselves this, "Would top football players go play basketball on the weekends during football season?" I believe the answer would be no. And that is fine. But Belfry will always be a football school, with some success in baseball and basketball every so often.
Anyone that thinks Belfry is anything but a football school is crazy!! They think football is the only sport that means anything....if you don't think so just ask Randy Casey! He has had to put his basketball program on the back burner becuase of the football team.
Belfry is good, but I think someone will knock them off in the tournament
Just felt like pulling this old post out for people to see. Only one game left and Belfry ends up sweeping football and BASKETBALL. Then moves on to the state. Who thinks they have a chance at winning it all in BASKETBALL. Would love to hear some opinions on this subject.
They have a shot and if they win it will surprise me.

I think Mullins had the best chance of beating them
proud44pirate Wrote:Just felt like pulling this old post out for people to see. Only one game left and Belfry ends up sweeping football and BASKETBALL. Then moves on to the state. Who thinks they have a chance at winning it all in BASKETBALL. Would love to hear some opinions on this subject.
Belfry, should win it win your play 11 holdback your stronger and more mature than most teams. Next year will be a different story
Just wait for next years holdbacks. We dont have 11 holdbacks this year. Starting 5 plus 1 more. But i guess we are the only team in the county with them. lol. One of the 8th grade hold backs is only 13 so if it was up to me he would stay back again. People like to push their kids out the door way before they are ready for college. The way i figure if uncle sam wont take you at 17 why should i let my baby graduate at 17. I want to keep my kids from hitting the real world as long as i can. Only thing waiting on them is college and then jobs. So i say give them a chance to be kids as long as you can. Even if my boy didnt play sports i would want him to stay back until he was old enough to be ready for college.
Your boy is a man among boys.
He should get 20 pts and 15 rebs a game.
I wish him the best of luck in the future.
He seems to be a great kid
proud44pirate Wrote:Just felt like pulling this old post out for people to see. Only one game left and Belfry ends up sweeping football and BASKETBALL. Then moves on to the state. Who thinks they have a chance at winning it all in BASKETBALL. Would love to hear some opinions on this subject.

I'd be shocked. No where near fundamentally sound enough and you will be playing teams the same age and size.
They should win the state championship! If I had a team of 16 year olds playing 12 year olds, I hope we would win,face it, yeah I know some may not be 16, But seriously?
none of them are 16, your as stupid as you can get. my son is the oldest of the group and he aint close to 16. why would we have a 16 year old they would be to old to play in high school stupid.
NuttinButNet Wrote:They should win the state championship! If I had a team of 16 year olds playing 12 year olds, I hope we would win,face it, yeah I know some may not be 16, But seriously?

You need to quit takin baths in the out-house water, hoss!
shelbyvalley02 Wrote:Belfry, should win it win your play 11 holdback your stronger and more mature than most teams. Next year will be a different story

I normally do not reply to posts like this, but I couldn't take any longer. Some people on here need to remember to not throw rocks in a glass house.

I know of several teams that have holdbacks...Belfry, Dorton, Johns Creek, Mullins. I'm sure there are more, I'm just listing the ones I'm certain about.

shelbyvalley02, were you complaining about holdbacks two years ago when Virgie was whipping up on everybody?

What about last year with Pikeville? (I know, Dorton beat them, but Swindall was a holdback and maybe 1 or 2 more.)
ImagineThat! Wrote:I normally do not reply to posts like this, but I couldn't take any longer. Some people on here need to remember to not throw rocks in a glass house.

I know of several teams that have holdbacks...Belfry, Dorton, Johns Creek, Mullins. I'm sure there are more, I'm just listing the ones I'm certain about.

shelbyvalley02, were you complaining about holdbacks two years ago when Virgie was whipping up on everybody?

What about last year with Pikeville? (I know, Dorton beat them, but Swindall was a holdback and maybe 1 or 2 more.)

I know every team has holdbacks, all i was saying was Belfry had some this year and that is a advantage for them. In today world most team will have atleast 2 or more holdback. Next year somone esle will more than likely step up with a bigger more mature team.