Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry not just a football school anymore.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone have anything to say about the Dorton Invitational games. Cameron Catron was a beast and once they all get in basketball shape, look out. Wish they would let you play a little in the paint, all the touch fouls, is that normal for middle school. If they would call like they do high school games most of the games wouldnt be close at all. Glad Belfry has plenty of big men to go through, cause looks like a lot of foul trouble is coming there way. lol. Keep playing hard boys.
Belfry will walk through the Pike Co. championship, better call a carpenter to expand the trophy case!
Don't ever fool yourself Belfry will be just what Belfry is.
You can be good at both if you have coaches, kids, and community backing both programs.
I totally agree kentucky extreme. We have the coaches at the middle school that is needed for the teams to be successful and a great principle that is 100% behind our teams. needless to say i think are teacher are great too. They really push the kids to reach their full potential. A great feeling right now at the middle school with everyone looking to reach the same goal. TongueirateSho
COACHITALL Wrote:Belfry will walk through the Pike Co. championship, better call a carpenter to expand the trophy case!

You can't really say that Belfry already has it won. There is still plenty of basketball to play, and teams will see injury. Also some teams may not peak at the right time. In February we can talk about would is looking good .
shelbyvalley02 Wrote:You can't really say that Belfry already has it won. There is still plenty of basketball to play, and teams will see injury. Also some teams may not peak at the right time. In February we can talk about would is looking good .

I don't want to bust your bubble but oir kids just got done playing football and all these other teams have been at it a couple of weeks longer then us you all should be better then us right now and your not so i don't see it getting any better.
Incorrect Belfry started at about the same time the other Pike Co schools did so I'd take back saying everybody else has played 2 weeks before them.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I don't want to bust your bubble but oir kids just got done playing football and all these other teams have been at it a couple of weeks longer then us you all should be better then us right now and your not so i don't see it getting any better.
Your not bursting nothing, everyone has been working for about two Weeks, the county tourney will depend on seeding, injury, and who is peaking at that time. Regardless it will be a fun year of basketball to watch
shelbyvalley02 Wrote:Your not bursting nothing, everyone has been working for about two Weeks, the county tourney will depend on seeding, injury, and who is peaking at that time. Regardless it will be a fun year of basketball to watch
I agree with that but i hope that all our teams can go injury free.
I've seen everyone play 2 times.

Belfry is 10-15 points better than everyone.

Pikeville is next.

The rest are about the same.

As for Belfry being whatever, they have had more talent in the past than this team on the middle school level in basketball, especially when you guys had 4-5 feeders.

Your always going to be a football school, even if Rick Pitino was coach there, no commitment to anything else.
Very disappointing 49-37 win tonight against Phelps. If we play like that agianst a few of the teams in the county they will toast us. Learn to share the ball like you did in football. Games like this makes me want to hide my belfry shirt and cheer for the other team. Learn to pass or the game is going to pass you by.
This is the weakest the county has been as long as I can rememeber.
i HAVE HAD A SON PLAY THE LAST 7 YEARS AT THE MIDDLE SCHOOL LEVEL AND I WOULDNT SAY THIS IS THE WEAKEST AT ALL. MOST BALANCED MAYBE, WITH SOME OF THE YEARS PAST WEAKER TEAMS HAVE GOTTEN BETTER. I AM SURE WITH THE TEAMS GETTING IN BETTER SHAPE AFTER JUST GETTING DONE WITH FOOTBALL THEY CREAM WILL RISE TO THE TOP.
proud44pirate Wrote:i HAVE HAD A SON PLAY THE LAST 7 YEARS AT THE MIDDLE SCHOOL LEVEL AND I WOULDNT SAY THIS IS THE WEAKEST AT ALL. MOST BALANCED MAYBE, WITH SOME OF THE YEARS PAST WEAKER TEAMS HAVE GOTTEN BETTER. I AM SURE WITH THE TEAMS GETTING IN BETTER SHAPE AFTER JUST GETTING DONE WITH FOOTBALL THEY CREAM WILL RISE TO THE TOP.
Gosh 7 years of middle school how many years did u hold him back lol . Sorry couldn't help it
I agree with Hootie. Don't get me wrong there are some good players in the county but teams as a whole are down this year.
Love it, when belfry is up, the county must be down. I dont think so, belfry just made it look easy in the tournament. If refs would let the kids actually play they wouldnt be a close game all year but as long as they are going to call touch fouls in the paint, the refs will keep it close.
Middle school basketball in the 15th Region as a whole is down.

A lot of coaches have moved up to high school or moved on because their kids are at the high school level.

Fact are Belfry LOOKS 30 points better than anyone in 15th that I have watched play and they are not yet.
Last year didn't people say Pikeville was the super team and then they got beat by Dorton in the county final just saying.
I totally agree Belfry could be beaten on any night. They in all honesty should have gotten beat at Phelps the way they played but they still managed to win by double figures. From what i have seen I think there is 3-4 teams that should end up competing for the county title. If someone does go down with injury their team goes down usually also. Most middle school teams only have 2-3 good players on them. I think Belfry probably has the best well rounded team. They could win in most games without 1-2 of their players. Lord knows we have had at least 2 if not more foul out every game so far. They have a good mix of kids on the bench that i think could step up if needed too. Never know what going to happen with an injury on the high school team a middle school kid might have to step up and play there. Just wish touch fouls wasnt called like they have been so far. Its kind of like you get punished for being tall. When a player stands straight up and the kid runs into them it shouldnt be a foul. You cant show me anywhere in the rule book that says a player has to hit their butt for it to be a charge, the book also points out that a man does not have to be "set" for the charge to be called He has just as much right to a line on the floor, contact is what you have to watch for. My oldest son took great pirde in breaking Belfrys all time charges taken record and hopefully his brother will step up and start doing so. He just feels like the refs dont know how to call charges like high school refs do and that sucks. We have some interesting calls, on film, to send in to the officials office for them to look at, hopefully some of the bad calling refs will be gone soon enough. Or should I say "homer" officials.
Well the bigger kids are always targets such as D Adkins from Johns Creek and B Wallace from Mullins both kids have had a time with touch fouls so far this year.
I know at the Dorton tournament all three of our big guys fouled out during the same game. When you have 6'5", 6'5" and 6'3" on the bench something is wrong. If they aint going to call hand checking out front why cant they bump a little inside.
proud44pirate Wrote:I know at the Dorton tournament all three of our big guys fouled out during the same game. When you have 6'5", 6'5" and 6'3" on the bench something is wrong. If they aint going to call hand checking out front why cant they bump a little inside.

Actually in game 1 vs Millard no one fouled out. In game 2 vs Hazard Bentley fouled out. In game 3 vs Pikeville James fouled out. In game 4 vs Mullins no one fouled out. In game 5 vs Dorton no one fouled out. I have the books for every game of the tournament.
I have a book too. in the second game Bentley, James, and Hall all three fouled out.
If your book doesnt say it not sure why the refs was told that, and the boys removed from the game.
proud44pirate Wrote:I have a book too. in the second game Bentley, James, and Hall all three fouled out.

Bentley had 5, James 4, and Hall 1 according to the book.
In the first game we had 16 team fouls with 3 minutes left to go in the first half. All of us parents was laughing about everyone being in foul trouble, said we was still in football mode.
proud44pirate Wrote:If your book doesnt say it not sure why the refs was told that, and the boys removed from the game.

Of course there can always be discrepancies in the books (as in James could have had 5 instead of 4), but Hall only had 1. Woolum did have 3.
proud44pirate Wrote:In the first game we had 16 team fouls with 3 minutes left to go in the first half. All of us parents was laughing about everyone being in foul trouble, said we was still in football mode.

I remember that. We said the same thing.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I don't want to bust your bubble but oir kids just got done playing football and all these other teams have been at it a couple of weeks longer then us you all should be better then us right now and your not so i don't see it getting any better.

I hate to burst your bubble..but Belfry is a let down!! They only beat Phelps (who is the worst team in the county) by a little and that was towards the end of the game...I will go ahead and predict that someone will upset Belfry in the tourney, and then all you Belfry fans will say that it was the refs fault and everyone is out to get you guys, just like every year.
Pages: 1 2