Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clintwood, Va @ Hazard Aug 24th
I grew up playing Clintwood every year. Finally beat them our Senior year. This will be a dandy way to start the year. Hard to predict but I will say Clintwood by 4.

I will aslo say I HATE CONSOLIDATION. Hate it. It is the worst thing that ever happened to small towns. Build smaller schools. Have smaller classes. But keep education local.
Football1 Wrote:I grew up playing Clintwood every year. Finally beat them our Senior year. This will be a dandy way to start the year. Hard to predict but I will say Clintwood by 4.

I will aslo say I HATE CONSOLIDATION. Hate it. It is the worst thing that ever happened to small towns. Build smaller schools. Have smaller classes. But keep education local.

same here, we do not like consolidation either, but some things gotta change,wave returns alot of experience, just got to come together as a TEAM, as last year. look for a much better game than last...Confusedinglepar
Hazard has a lot of speed and all their skill players back and maybe better than last year. If you hold them under 21 you done a good job.
I sure wish the 24th would hurry up and get here. I cant wait for some football.
Hope to get to see this one.
Another week and this game will be here. Excited to see how Hazard is going to look this year.
lookin forward to visiting our neighbors across the mountain, hoping for a good game, and good food!!!
How experienced with Clintwood be up front?

That appears to be where Hazard is going to be most vulnerable early on. The Bulldogs are loaded with talent for a 1A school at the skill spots, and their defense will be quality.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:How experienced with Clintwood be up front?

That appears to be where Hazard is going to be most vulnerable early on. The Bulldogs are loaded with talent for a 1A school at the skill spots, and their defense will be quality.

same here, lost a few due to grad, still tweaking on line,return alot of skill too.how many student does hazard have?
^^^

305 Total with 152 Boys 9-12

If Clintwood wants to make up the 25 point loss from last year, especially on the road, the key will be dominating the LOS.

Right now I am saying:

Hazard 28
Clintwood 20
agree 100%
Should be a great game. Seems like it cant get here quick enough. Plan on bringing my son for his 1st game of the year. Glad to see both teams have skill players and both adjusting on the line. After hearing that its whoever makes the least mistakes that wins this game.
Hazard by 6!
Go dawgs !!!!
This is a game that I would love to watch if I was able to do so! Should be a super competitive game and I have a feeling that whoever wins this will end up doing so by scoring towards the very end of the game.

Hazard - 21

Clintwood, VA - 20
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Dawgs pulling away late
what kind of seating does hazard have? also any radio coverage? if so what station... thanks
Id say in the couple of thousands but tons of room if you have to stand.. usually either on 97.9 or 101.1..
bac2369 Wrote:Id say in the couple of thousands but tons of room if you have to stand.. usually either on 97.9 or 101.1..

looked up high school, on google earth saw only one set of bleachers, didnt know if they were a visitors side, or did everyone set on the same side..
cwood78 Wrote:what kind of seating does hazard have? also any radio coverage? if so what station... thanks

The seating is not as good as Clintwoods, everybody sits on the same side unless you want to stand. The playing field is awesome, you'll be impressed! I would imagine 101.1 or 97.9 will carry the game. I had a great time in Clintwood last year hope you enjoy your time in Hazard.
thanks much... clintwood usually has a big following,
Hazard has great seating even though it is on one side. They have a whole fence to lean on and stand on both sides of the field and its untelling the number of people you could get to watch a game. This week sure is going slow and wish friday would hurry up and get here.
Hazard - 20
Clintwood - 7
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
we will get our first look at the defending state champs
Hazard is a hard place to come, and get a win. with that i will said, hazard 27-21.
Hazard pulls away in the 4th cause speed kills.....hazard wins 35-21
Good luck tonight Dawgs!! Hope to start out with a W.
Engle and Davis Music just Installed a NEW PA System for Hazard, So the Bulldogs will be FIRED up. Gonna be a Great Game---See ya there