Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clintwood, Va @ Hazard Aug 24th
Thoughts/Predictions.
[Image: http://www.mghelmets.com/high%20school%2...ard-ky.gif]

[Image: http://www.mghelmets.com/high%20school%2...ntwood.gif]

I think Clintwood won a state championship last year but so did Hazard so I like Hazard 21 Clintwood 14.
Hazard 34
Clintwood 21
Hazard 35
Clintwood 14
I predict a much closer game this year between these 2 state champs. Hazard comes out on top.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hazard
game last year was closer than the score indicated, who knows, might be reversed.....wave returns a team, that might make a pretty darn good return at the state title in va..........
Is this Clintwwods last year before they are consolidated?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
clintwood rebounded, after slow start, entered playoffs, won over chilhowie va, (at home), then traveled to wythe county va, to face an unbeaten squad, won 23-13, then traveled to sussex va, to face a team with a 12-1 record, lone loss was to AA team, won 17-8 on their turf,state finals salem va, faced top ranked and unbeaten Galax va, won 33-28.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Is this Clintwwods last year before they are consolidated?

the way its going, maybe 2 yrs
cougarpride08 Wrote:Is this Clintwwods last year before they are consolidated?
Nope - Fall, 2015 is the projected opening date - matches uo to the start of Va's 2-year cycle. County is in mediation with 1 of the landowners right now over eminant domain. Don't have a start date for construction yet.
Hazard - 27
Clintwood - 20
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Calpreps predicts the game 28-21 Hazard but I just don't see Clintwood scoring 21 againsts Hazard's D. And if it is anywhere near this close Clintwood will not see any of Hazard's subs so I say 28-14.
cal preps is like va preps,, both a joke, ah just play and see how it comes out....
I don't think that Hazard can stop Gavin Meade. Nobody else has over the last couple of years. Clintwood by 8 points. Period
Clintwood by 6.
big orange T Wrote:I don't think that Hazard can stop Gavin Meade. Nobody else has over the last couple of years. Clintwood by 8 points. Period

Hazard held him in check last year @ Clintwood.
nannook Wrote:Hazard held him in check last year @ Clintwood.

that was after he fractured his leg in the first quarter..
Cal preps is science and math and it is far from a joke. Look at the results. They can't be correct almost 90% of the time and be a joke. But they tend to miss early in the season more so they definitely could be wrong.
cwood78 Wrote:that was after he fractured his leg in the first quarter..

I didn't know he hurt his leg, was he able to come back or was he out for the year?
he came back - was 1st team all Region D and 1st team all state (Div. 2)
Its at Hazard.

Hazard 27
Clintwood 14
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Its at Hazard.

Hazard 27
Clintwood 14
LOL What are you trying to say? Clintwood is already down a td before they hit the field.
Clintwood has 15 returning starters out of 22 players. I would imagine that the 7 that took the place of the one's that graduated got decent playing time last year. Coach Mullins isn't one to run the score up on a outmanned team so they probably played a lot.

I don't know how much Hazard has coming back this year but I figure they will be pretty good. I think it will be a good test for each team. I hope it's a good, hard-hitting game and both teams come out with no injuries.
big orange T Wrote:LOL What are you trying to say? Clintwood is already down a td before they hit the field.
Clintwood has 15 returning starters out of 22 players. I would imagine that the 7 that took the place of the one's that graduated got decent playing time last year. Coach Mullins isn't one to run the score up on a outmanned team so they probably played a lot.

I don't know how much Hazard has coming back this year but I figure they will be pretty good. I think it will be a good test for each team. I hope it's a good, hard-hitting game and both teams come out with no injuries.

What he is tryin to say is its hard to come to Hazard and win a game. I really dont think ive ever seen a very bad officated game there in the last several years. But being at Hazard they got the edge. Clintwood does have return quite a bit and this game will be very competive and i will not miss this game for the world. I shall be in attendance with my cousin and my son. So hopefully its a good hard hitting and excellent game. Also having a test with a good running back or impact player early in the season is just what you need to see how ur team is going to react. Eagar to see how Clintwood defends the deep ball and stops the run of the hard nosed sophomore who will get the ball quite a bit this year.
Clintwood-20
Hazard-14
Just can't envision defending state champs losing their opener at home. Could happen I guess, but I'll say Hazard 28-14.
What kind of Offense does the Clintwood team run? Are they like Hazard out of the spread or ground and pound or what?
I have a good friend that playes at Clintwood Robbie Mullins he was class A player of the year in Virginia Hazard has 2 weeks of practice on them due to Virginia playes up to the middle of December in football Hazard 42 Clintwood 14.
Clintwood runs 5 yards and a cloud of dust dont pass the ball much its all running for the greenwave.
big orange T Wrote:LOL What are you trying to say? Clintwood is already down a td before they hit the field.

That's exactly what he's saying lol