Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bowling Green
72.50%
Anderson County
27.50%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowling Green vs Anderson County (5A Championship)
Anderson County has been good, against weak competition...I'm sorry, the eastern teams of 5A this year can't compete with the modernized and very skilled Western Teams, Bowling Green will roll and bring home the state title in a blowout, John Hardin wouldv'e easily beat Anderson, and Bowling green demolished them, your state champions the purples!

Bowling Green-55
Anderson County-17
What makes you think John Harden would have smoked anderson. they should have been beat last year by anderson co they won in the last minutes of the game. you sir have no idea what your talking about.anderson will have a up hill fight to beat BG. but i dont think its going to be a blow out,people will see what B.O.B. bearcats bring come sat night!!!!!:dontthink
How many turnovers did j-harden have 6 or 7 your not going to win many games like that.:please:
Anderson Co has had a great run in these play offs, but it comes to an end against Bowling Green, at the beginning of the season, I picked the following champions: Mayfield, Louisville Central, Ft. Thomas Highlands, Bowling Green and Trinity....I don't know enough about 2A, to make an educational guess..
Congrats to both teams for making it this far,as long as you give 100%,play for the name on the front of your jersey and leave everything you have on the field then you all are winners.Good luck to both teams.
[quote=LittleBobby]BG is comparing themselves to Trinity, and your telling me the coach aint understimating Anderson come on man[/QUOTE

The people predicting running clocks are not Bowling Green fans. We are not comparing ourselves to Trinity. Don't blame BG for other peoples posts. Some of you Anderson County fans are making your team look bad and yourselves look stupid.
BG by 28
adopted purple Wrote:[quote=LittleBobby]BG is comparing themselves to Trinity, and your telling me the coach aint understimating Anderson come on man[/QUOTE

The people predicting running clocks are not Bowling Green fans. We are not comparing ourselves to Trinity. Don't blame BG for other peoples posts. Some of you Anderson County fans are making your team look bad and yourselves look stupid.

So true, all some have to do is start trying to put a scentence together!Confusednicker:
Hop your season must be over with lf thats all you got to talk about.:lame::wenumber1
Bowling Green-53
Anderson-14
GetChili Wrote:The Purples will roll big-time in this state title game. The only time the scoreboard will say 0-0 is when the ball is kicked off to start the game.

Yeah, ain't that the truth!! This will be a big time blowout by the Purples!!

Bowling Green - 42

Anderson Co. - 0
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
I think if Anderson Co. can get their passing game going they can make a game out of this. They will not run the ball on Bowlingreen. I also think that no one expected John Hardin to get beat as bad as they did last week and maybe they just had a bad game. It happens. But,Bowlingreen has the second best defense in the state aside from Trinity and that will make it a tough task on Anderson Co.. As far as the Purple's go it's plans as usual,as far as Anderson Co. goes it's all or nothing. Bowlingreen 38-21.
I know Anderson County has a very good quarterback. Is he a pocket passer? I noticed he only ran for 400 yards. He won't get much time to set up Saturday and will be forced to throw on the run or just run. Also, Bowling Green is +30 in turnover ratio.
bubba22 Wrote:Hop your season must be over with lf thats all you got to talk about.:lame::wenumber1

After this weekend you will be a DISTANT 2nd and memory, guess that's why they always tell players get an EDUCATION first cause athletics only take you so far. BG's defense will be stifling in this game and by the 3rd quarter it will be like 4 out the 6 championship games. Blow-out city!!
I love how everyone except Bubba and a select few are always dogging on Anderson. So what if Bowling Green is that good? Andersons obviously as good because there in the state championship too. What people don't understand is that Anderson is way underrated and Bowling Green is way overrated period. Hey guys weren't you the ones saying Anderson would be out of the playoffs a month ago? Haha I love how they continue to prove you all wrong. It'll keep happening too. Andersons gonna shock the state. Goodluck Bowling Green.
Anderson County (12-2) vs. Bowling Green (14-0), 8 p.m.: Bearcats make first trip to finals where they face a Bowling Green team that had a jaw-dropping 62-20 rout of John Hardin last week. Purples are looking for their first title since 1995.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/12/01/19797...z1fO9x28JM
Anderson County's football team travels to Bowling Green this weekend for the school's first-ever appearance in the state finals.
The Bearcats play Bowling Green for the Class 5A championship Saturday night at WKU's L.T. Smith Stadium.
Anderson County's journey to the title game actually began last year when Coach Mark Peach encouraged the team to adopt a Band of Brothers mind-set.
Peach had read the book about the 101st Airborne Division's role in Europe during World War II and thought the story about Easy Company contained valuable lessons for his players.
"I told the team we could honor their memory by emulating their teamwork and sacrifice for the greater good," Peach said. "I thought it was a good way not only to motivate our team but also educate our young people about some of the great things our armed service people have done."
Peach wasn't sure his players got the message until midway through last season. Anderson County trailed host South Oldham by 27 points in the fourth quarter when Peach heard his players chanting "B.O.B." on the sideline.
"I asked one of my assistants what they were saying, and he said, 'Coach, it's 'Band of Brothers.' "
Led by Seth Carmichael's four touchdown passes, Anderson County rallied to beat South Oldham 38-37.
The Bearcats have been a band of brothers ever since.
Anderson County went on to reach the 2010 region finals and pushed heavily favored John Hardin to the wire before losing 28-24.
"Playing well against a quality opponent in the region championship gave us some confidence, and it carried over to this year," Peach said.
Two weeks ago when Anderson County trailed host Conner in the quarterfinals, Carmichael said the Bearcats' fans started chanting "B.O.B."
Anderson County pulled out a 31-30 victory in the closing seconds.
"To us 'band of brothers' means overcoming adversity, coming together as a unit, and picking each other up when we make a mistake," Carmichael said.
Anderson County hasn't made many mistakes in its run to the finals. The Bearcats play hard, and they play smart, efficient football.
Carmichael, a senior quarterback, has thrown for 3,135 yards and 39 TDs. He's run for 400 yards and six TDs.
Senior Ethan Kelly is a versatile threat. He's rushed for 1,495 yards and 14 TDs, and caught 46 passes for 1,146 yards and 15 TDs.
Seniors Spencer Ruggles and Blake Curtsinger have combined for 52 receptions, 940 yards and 11 TDs.
Carmichael, Kelly and Ruggles are also key players on defense, along with fellow seniors Travis Davis and Travis Phillips.
Anderson County faces its biggest challenge of the season in Bowling Green. The Purples are undefeated against a tough schedule, including victories over St. Xavier, Lexington Catholic, Warren Central (twice) and a stunning 62-20 rout of previously unbeaten John Hardin in last week's semifinals.
But the Bearcats aren't about to back down.
"If we play up to our potential, we can beat anybody," Kelly said. "We weren't expected to get this far, and nobody expects us to beat Bowling Green. We want to prove everybody wrong again."
Carmichael said "anything can happen on any given day. We just have to beat Bowling Green on that one day."
Facing a tough challenge together is part of the band-of-brothers mentality.
"It's what's been driving us since last year," Carmichael said. "When we're in tight situations, we come together as a unit and get things done."

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/12/01/19786...z1fOAA4a5e
[Image: http://media.kentucky.com/smedia/2011/11...uSt.79.jpg]

Anderson County senior Seth Carmichael has thrown for 3,135 yards and 39 touchdowns this season. He's run for 400 yards and six TDs

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/12/01/19786...z1fOAN4Ns6
Go Purples!
Imma go with AC. They have their community on their backs right now, and i believe they will go to Bowling Green's home city, kick the door in, and leave with the hardware. They are better than what they are given credit for. And they proven themselves in clutch situations time and time again. BG is dang good, but AC will shock the state (and this forum). Hazard wont be the only upset this weekend!
tumbleweed34 Wrote:Imma go with AC. They have their community on their backs right now, and i believe they will go to Bowling Green's home city, kick the door in, and leave with the hardware. They are better than what they are given credit for. And they proven themselves in clutch situations time and time again. BG is dang good, but AC will shock the state (and this forum). Hazard wont be the only upset this weekend!

I humbly disagree.
AC gets stomped like a ghetto roach!:biglmao:
adopted purple Wrote:I humbly disagree.
Fair enough. That's why they play they game!