Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 28 Breathitt County 14
Belfry_99 Wrote:And all the talk about how Breahtitt would have won, if they had not fumbled the ball and muffed the punt, is pure bullshit too..Belfry beat the Bobcats on their home field... get the roundball out, your season is over! Although the Bobcats did turn the ball over, Belfry capitalized on those turnovers, thats what good teams do!.

I never once said that Breathitt would have won if not for the muffed punt. I just said that if not for it, the way the game was going I believe the Bobcats would have scored and went ahead of Belfry. Who knows, we might have fumbled the ball anyway a few plays later, we will never know. But Breathitt had the momentum, you can not deny that. We had stopped Belfry's offence dead in its tracks and had the momentum at the time when we forced them to punt in the forth quarter. But, muffing that punt changed everything.
I have been a Breathitt County fan for a fairly long time. Everyone who asked me about the Breathitt vs. Belfry game wanted to know who I thought would win. I said Belfry without any hesitation each time, simply because they are the superior team.

I really would like to see a regular season series started between these two schools. But, that probably would never happen.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nefarious83 Wrote:I have been a Breathitt County fan for a fairly long time. Everyone who asked me about the Breathitt vs. Belfry game wanted to know who I thought would win. I said Belfry without any hesitation each time, simply because they are the superior team.

I really would like to see a regular season series started between these two schools. But, that probably would never happen.

Agreed
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Nefarious83 Wrote:I have been a Breathitt County fan for a fairly long time. Everyone who asked me about the Breathitt vs. Belfry game wanted to know who I thought would win. I said Belfry without any hesitation each time, simply because they are the superior team.

Breathitt is one of my favorite places to watch a football game, great atmosphere and well kept field. But nothing but positives could come from these two meeting in the regular season, these two teams including Bell, year in and out are the class of 3A football in East KY.
undertaker41377 Wrote:my understanding // there were alot of Pond Creek Nation got to spend the night in jail and tried to burn the goal post down/// bad P.R. on Belfry and it fans // i am ashamed to of how they acted as it made east Ky. people look bad //// but a good game // Breathitt beat Breathitt not Belfry

want a little cheese with that whine....:Sad04: :biglmao:

Is this fact or from "your friends with jackson pd", because rumors are not allowed on this site without proof.:eyeroll:
I've got an idea, let's just talk about the game and not what may or may not have happened with the possible fire/police/goal post/fans. (Earlier I said there was a fire, but it could have just been a kerosene heater to keep the fans warm.)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Turnovers and Breathitt not being disciplined killed the bobcats Friday Night. Costly turnovers and personal fouls really hurt Breathitt on two different occasions when the momentum was in the bobcats favor. Bad Sportsmanship and foolish penalties have been the achilles heel for the bobcats all year and it cost them a regional championship. Congrats to Belfry on a hard fought victory.
This game is over.It will be these two teams in the east almost every year.The one that makes the fewest mistakes wins.PERIOD.Move on.
Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda... But didn't.. The team with the most points in the end wins! Its no secret the best team moves on!
mrfootball03 Wrote:Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda... But didn't.. The team with the most points in the end wins! Its no secret the best team moves on!

Agree 100%. Turnovers are a part of the game and if you turn the ball over as much as Breathitt did, you are going to lose more times than not. The fact that they were able to have a chance to win even with the turnovers shows me that they were as good if not better than Belfry. But as I said, you can not turn the ball over and expect to beat a good team.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Agree 100%. Turnovers are a part of the game and if you turn the ball over as much as Breathitt did, you are going to lose more times than not. The fact that they were able to have a chance to win even with the turnovers shows me that they were as good if not better than Belfry. But as I said, you can not turn the ball over and expect to beat a good team.

I completely agree that turnovers are part of the game. Whether caused by opposing team or out of own mistakes. When I played we were taught to cause turnovers. But, Belfry had turnovers also..they threw and interception and had to my memory two fumbles, but heads up playing recovering both. All but one of Breathitt's turnovers were caused by Belfry. Breathitt had 5 turnovers..the strip, muff punt, an interception and two fumbles which were from hard hits. Belfry also had 3 to 1 on personal foul pentalies. Two of those putting Breathitt in short fields, one setting up Breathitt on their last td. Belfry's D had held Breathitt to a 3rd and long if memory serves an a late hit which was questionable gave them first and 10 right inside the 15 I believe. After factoring all of that how can you all say that Breathitt was "just as good if not better than Belfry" Maybe Breathitt had not played a Defense like they had against Belfry. Breathitt has a good football team, no doubt. But "better than Belfry" they are not. Why is it so hard for Breathitt fans to admit that?
Crossbones Wrote:I completely agree that turnovers are part of the game. Whether caused by opposing team or out of own mistakes. When I played we were taught to cause turnovers. But, Belfry had turnovers also..they threw and interception and had to my memory two fumbles, but heads up playing recovering both. All but one of Breathitt's turnovers were caused by Belfry. Breathitt had 5 turnovers..the strip, muff punt, an interception and two fumbles which were from hard hits. Belfry also had 3 to 1 on personal foul pentalies. Two of those putting Breathitt in short fields, one setting up Breathitt on their last td. Belfry's D had held Breathitt to a 3rd and long if memory serves an a late hit which was questionable gave them first and 10 right inside the 15 I believe. After factoring all of that how can you all say that Breathitt was "just as good if not better than Belfry" Maybe Breathitt had not played a Defense like they had against Belfry. Breathitt has a good football team, no doubt. But "better than Belfry" they are not. Why is it so hard for Breathitt fans to admit that?
Well I said the game was over but you insist in idiotic rants.Here you go then.4th and 1 Breathitt stops you but "your" ref sees the stop and just happens to call dead ball false start on Belfry and just let's you have the down back and another try at it when we just held.You fumble;we recover the ball and slide out with it and the line judge says blue ball but the same ref overrules him from the other side of the field?WOW.So just shut up already and look to Garrard.We were very even.Both would have destroyed Garrard and both would have lost to Central.Only difference is you will lose to them we are already done and looking to next year.We WILL see you next year too.
BOBCAT Wrote:Well I said the game was over but you insist in idiotic rants.Here you go then.4th and 1 Breathitt stops you but "your" ref sees the stop and just happens to call dead ball false start on Belfry and just let's you have the down back and another try at it when we just held.You fumble;we recover the ball and slide out with it and the line judge says blue ball but the same ref overrules him from the other side of the field?WOW.So just shut up already and look to Garrard.We were very even.Both would have destroyed Garrard and both would have lost to Central.Only difference is you will lose to them we are already done and looking to next year.We WILL see you next year too.

First of all, I did not quote you. You may have said this or that, but that means piss to me. Our ref.. :hilarious: The game was in Breathitt was it not? Typical Breathitt fan. If the game is over for you then go to another thread. Most of us would have a decent conversation about the game if it wasn't for some of you whiney:Sad04: Breathitt fans that can't admit that you got beat by a better team. I said that Breathitt was a good ballclub and even bragged on Trent. Probably the best athlete on field. But also said it is typical of Breathitt to not admitt when a better team beats them. Same ole Same ole from you all. I was having an adult conversation with brahmabull, so the crybaby section is somewhere else.:welcome:
I look at how Belfry scored when I said that Breathitt
Crossbones Wrote:I completely agree that turnovers are part of the game. Whether caused by opposing team or out of own mistakes. When I played we were taught to cause turnovers. But, Belfry had turnovers also..they threw and interception and had to my memory two fumbles, but heads up playing recovering both. All but one of Breathitt's turnovers were caused by Belfry. Breathitt had 5 turnovers..the strip, muff punt, an interception and two fumbles which were from hard hits. Belfry also had 3 to 1 on personal foul pentalies. Two of those putting Breathitt in short fields, one setting up Breathitt on their last td. Belfry's D had held Breathitt to a 3rd and long if memory serves an a late hit which was questionable gave them first and 10 right inside the 15 I believe. After factoring all of that how can you all say that Breathitt was "just as good if not better than Belfry" Maybe Breathitt had not played a Defense like they had against Belfry. Breathitt has a good football team, no doubt. But "better than Belfry" they are not. Why is it so hard for Breathitt fans to admit that?
When I say that Breathitt was as good or better than Belfry I look at several things. One is how Belfry scored. They scored 1-2 times on descent drives, the other times where on Mistakes made by Breathitt (I count the 15 yrd unsportsmanlike a turnover because Breathitt had stopped Belfry on 3rd down)that gave Belfry a short field. Two is the fact that even with 5-6 turnovers, Breathitt was in the game. The way I saw it was that the only way Belfry was going to win this game was if Breathitt did what they did and not take care of the ball. Breathitt played terrible and still only lost by two td's. I give Belfry credit for forcing some of the mistakes, and taking advantage of a sloppy game by the Bobcats. But I can not see anyway to come away with Belfry being better than Breathitt after watching the whole game. It is my opinion that the better team lost this game, and deserved to lose it. Like I said, it is just my opinion based on what I saw on the broadcast.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I look at how Belfry scored when I said that Breathitt
When I say that Breathitt was as good or better than Belfry I look at several things. One is how Belfry scored. They scored 1-2 times on descent drives, the other times where on Mistakes made by Breathitt (I count the 15 yrd unsportsmanlike a turnover because Breathitt had stopped Belfry on 3rd down). Two is the fact that even with 5-6 turnovers, Breathitt was in the game. The way I saw it was that the only way Belfry was going to win this game was if Breathitt did what they did and not take care of the ball. Breathitt played terrible and still only lost by two td's. I give Belfry credit for forcing some of the mistakes, and taking advantage of a sloppy game by the Bobcats. But I can not see anyway to come away with Belfry being better than Breathitt after watching the whole game. It is my opinion that the better team lost this game, and deserved to lose it. Like I said, it is just my opinion based on what I saw on the broadcast.

I think this will be a vicious circle and noone will change their opinion.

You say that you go off "How Belfry scored" and that's how I look at it in the other way. Breathitt only scored on an 80 yard TD run and a 32 yard scoring drive that was continued by a Belfry personal foul. At no point in the game did Breathitt demonstrate the ability to consistently drive the football as the only thing working for them was intermediate passing routes which is basically the last resort in Breathitt's offensive style.

Everyone wants to play the what if game, but I haven't seen this scenario discussed.

What if Belfry throws it to a wide open Johnson instead of forcing it down field in Breathitt territory when Cox got the INT?

What if Josh Dixon doesn't slip and drop the ball when he is 3 steps behind the Bobcat defense on a pass play in the 1st Half?

What if Belfry converts their final possession and goes for the jugular instead of being content running the clock and pounding for short yards?

What if Belfry doesn't get the phantom penalty following the TD that allowed to the Bobcats to take over on the Pirate 47 following a short kickoff? What if on that same drive when they stop Collins for a large loss they don't have a personal foul as well?

Everyone acts as if ALL the breaks went against Breathitt when in fact the Pirates were a couple turnovers, penalties, and points of execution away from possibly winning 49-7. Would that score be indicative of the teams? Heck no! Is this as absurd and proposterous as the arguement "Breathitt is the better team and only beat themselves?" Heck Yes!

The fact of the matter has been discussed ad nauseum. From a talent standpoint this was a very even matchup and anyone who thinks otherwise is completely blind with bias. From an execution, discipline, and consistency standpoint the Pirates proved to be the better team while overcoming home field advantage in the process.
When I say that Breathitt was as good or better than Belfry I look at several things. One is how Belfry scored. They scored 1-2 times on descent drives, the other times where on Mistakes made by Breathitt (I count the 15 yrd unsportsmanlike a turnover because Breathitt had stopped Belfry on 3rd down)that gave Belfry a short field. Two is the fact that even with 5-6 turnovers, Breathitt was in the game. The way I saw it was that the only way Belfry was going to win this game was if Breathitt did what they did and not take care of the ball. Breathitt played terrible and still only lost by two td's. I give Belfry credit for forcing some of the mistakes, and taking advantage of a sloppy game by the Bobcats. But I can not see anyway to come away with Belfry being better than Breathitt after watching the whole game. It is my opinion that the better team lost this game, and deserved to lose it. Like I said, it is just my opinion based on what I saw on the broadcast.

I understand your logic. By your logic then using 15 yard penalties Belfry would have had 6 turnovers to Breathitts 7. All of Belfry's penalties put Breathitt in short fields also. But Belfry's D would inturn cause another turnover. Belfry actually had a sloppy game inturn also. Bad kickoffs, terrible punts. Stupid penalties. Even with Belfry's mistakes, they never trailed the entire game. The only offense that Breathitt showed was on the long run by Trent and a couple of short passes. It was null the rest of the game. Breathitts D held the pirates on a couple occations, the pirates did move the ball in their fashion. Move the ball and burn the clock. The better team did indeed win the game and deserved too. My point is the same. Most Breathitt fans can't admitt to that. When JC beat Belfry, I felt the better team won and I admitted to it. I'll admitt that I sometime look at things through red tinted glasses as most fans do. But Breathitt never takes their blue tinted glasses off. JMO
red&white Wrote:Are you saying shirts that said I HATE BELFRY and sreaming Belfry sucks and Break their legs is to be admired by your school. Trust me Never Would Belfry fans do any of that crap! We cheer for our kids (team) but dont act like the morons bobkittens do. I said it before most disrespect i have ever seen. No place for visitor fans to sit and the over spending for you home team puts poles in the line of site. You cant watch the game for the beams for the rain canopy BRETHITT Is a crap field!!Confusedhh:

Breathitt's field does have these problems, It is by no-means state of the art.
Other teams have to dress in the basketball gym as well. If this a supposedly million dollar stadium, it looks like there would be a visiting team locker room.

The unsportsmanlike penalties finally bit the bobcats.
Cat Daddy Wrote:Turnovers and Breathitt not being disciplined killed the bobcats Friday Night. Costly turnovers and personal fouls really hurt Breathitt on two different occasions when the momentum was in the bobcats favor. Bad Sportsmanship and foolish penalties have been the achilles heel for the bobcats all year and it cost them a regional championship. Congrats to Belfry on a hard fought victory.

This is correct.
red&white Wrote:Are you saying shirts that said I HATE BELFRY and sreaming Belfry sucks and Break their legs is to be admired by your school. Trust me Never Would Belfry fans do any of that crap! We cheer for our kids (team) but dont act like the morons bobkittens do. I said it before most disrespect i have ever seen. No place for visitor fans to sit and the over spending for you home team puts poles in the line of site. You cant watch the game for the beams for the rain canopy BRETHITT Is a crap field!!Confusedhh:

This is common behavior there.:Thumbs: Expect that.
F.N.L. Wrote:Breathitt's field does have these problems, It is by no-means state of the art.
Other teams have to dress in the basketball gym as well. If this a supposedly million dollar stadium, it looks like there would be a visiting team locker room.

I don't think Breathitt's too concerned about the visiting teams or their fans. If they did, changes would have been made long ago. It's been this way for years. If you have been there before, you knew that...no parking, no visitor stands, no locker room.
They lack the big coal companies who are willing to dump lots of $$$ into their local schools for state-of-the-art athletic facilities. It ain't great, but it's all they got.
undertaker41377 Wrote:my understanding // there were alot of Pond Creek Nation got to spend the night in jail and tried to burn the goal post down/// bad P.R. on Belfry and it fans // i am ashamed to of how they acted as it made east Ky. people look bad //// but a good game // Breathitt beat Breathitt not Belfry
Sorry wrong on your part...it was kids that started the fire not adults...no Adults were put in jail...come on seriously...sore losers sounds like to me.
Put it this way Breathitt Co without John Chapman is lke the Accomodores without Lionel Ritchie They never going platinum.
I can put all to rest though I dont think bobkitten fans will agree, but here it is Belfry made mistakes 3 fouls for unsportsman Bobkittens had 1 Belfry fumbled twice but recovered 1 and bobkittens did not control the other before going out both had an iterception. Two fumbles by bobkittens knocked out by hard hits another one stripped by D back. The better team capitolizes on the other teams mistakes that the D made them have. The loser team could not make belfry make those mistakes nor capitolize on them. The best team won by 2 TDS:Thumbs: If your team was better they would not have made the mistakes. Belfry D made them have them and for the muffed punt the bobkitten player looked like a deer in the headlights scared of what was coming at him.Confusednicker:
mandan may be all they got, but they could have put some of the money that put that awful rain canopy that has poles blocking parts of the field so you cant see the game to put some visitors seating. I guess bobkittens are scared of the rain.
id love to know who BC even played? id love too see them play half the teams that belfry is up against. henry clay, ashland, johnson central? belfrys schedule is tough, get over it ***** cats.
red&white Wrote:id love to know who BC even played? id love too see them play half the teams that belfry is up against. henry clay, ashland, johnson central? belfrys schedule is tough, get over it ***** cats.

Please stop talking to yourself.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thats what makes me hate this site: Dumb a$$ losers who can t carry on a conversation without saying somthing dumb.Nafarious I responded to some other dumb comments and you come back with that .:devilflam
red&white Wrote:Thats what makes me hate this site: Dumb a$$ losers who can t carry on a conversation without saying somthing dumb.Nafarious I responded to some other dumb comments and you come back with that .:devilflam

Well, Breathitt countians, we have some too.

Good game, see ya next year.