Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County 62 - Morgan County 8
SlantStrong Wrote:Breathitt was a huge favorite, that don't take a genius to figure out. Breathitt will more than likely be playing for a state championship. I do agree it's not smart to smack talk a sleeping giant. Cameraman you need to learn if you don't believe, it will never happen. It may not happen anyways, but if you don't believe, it never will.

I don't know about playing for a state championship they might be a
team or two that have something to say about that.
Congrats BC
Breathitt and Belfry are a whole different level. Not just against Morgan, against everybody on this end of the state. Somerset is very good and Breathitt shut them out 20-0. Morgan is very much improved, a couple years ago they were on a 19 game losing streak, tremendous improvement for the cougars. They ran into what will go down as one of the best Breathitt teams of all time. I didn't say the best, but one of the best. A Breathitt team IMO that is better then the 08 team that played in the state finals.
So what if Breathitt beat Morgan BAD get over it. There is other schools that beat teams that bad with ties to the team they are playing but no one cares about that. If a Lexington school beat a team as bad as Breathiit beat Morgan no one would say a word. You can't expect Holcomb to not let his team play just because he knows the coaches. He can't tell the kids not to score, these kids work their butts off in the summer to WIN. Breathitt could have beat them a thousand times worse then what they did I think. After all the smack talking Morgan did before the season even started and before the game, the score should have been a lot worse then it was. I find it funny that Morgans coach made a comment on the radio that his team plays with great sportsmanship. From my understanding there was many punches, players getting hit in the balls and trashing talking from Morgan on the bottom of the piles during the game.

Get over it and move on to the next game and get ready for the playoffs. No one remembers what happens before the playoffs. The post season is all that counts.
SlantStrong Wrote:Will Tom is a like a lil' smaller version of Channing Fugate. Morgan had a couple of wide open pass plays that would have been scores that were thrown poorly. I will say this in all honesty, Holcomb beat Morgan absolutely as bad as he could. Starters were in the game for Breathitt until a little under the 2 minute mark. Breathitt is a state title contender and Morgan is an improved team. All I can say is this, for Holcomb to absolutely beat Morgan as bad as he possibly could have, leave his starters in until under 2 minutes to go in the game, and run it up on 3 coaches on Morgan's staff who gave their all for the Breathitt program at 1 time is classless.
I know two of the coaches were former Breathitt players (Brian Turner and Will Noble) who is the third?
Congrats Brethitt!!!!
Morgan Co. got a taste of their own medicine. They have poored it on some teams this year that could not match up with them. They like to talk the talk when they are winning 30, 40, or even 50 pts. Yea you had a big win over Knott-- wow, but you know now that BOBCAT football is a little different. (49 to 0) (62 to 8)--there you go old friend, didn't I tell you.
airball3 Wrote:I think Holcomb and Breathitt was trying to make a statement in this game by beating a 6-1 team by 54 points. Thats pretty impressive, Morgan County isn't a push over team this year, and Breathitt had their way with them. I didn't honsetly think that Holcomb would run the score up that much, being that most of the Cougar coaching staff had ties to Breathitt.

I will say one thing though, that will eventually get Breathitt County in trouble come playoff time. PERSONAL FOULS. I have NEVER seen a team get as many personal fouls called against them. Even if Breathitt County finishes out the season on top, this team will always be known as a bunch of PUNKS if they don't get some things turned around. Their one of the best teams in Eastern Kentucky, now they need to play with class.

It will bite them, Morgan barely looses any of those kids, they were nothing but juniors and sophomores, so next year Breathitt will be at Morgan. I am sure Morgan will seek revenge. Giving no slake, and showing no mercy..
F.N.L. Wrote:Breathitt is a state-championship level program. Why would you taunt a Breathitt on facebook? not very smart for whoever done such. I did catch the ending on the radio, Breathitt was up 48-8 and Collins and Trent were both still in the game. 55-8 Collins and Trent were still in the game. Why did Holcomb feel the need to literally run it up on Morgan? Very uncalled for. If I was Morgan every Breathitt film I had I would be sending it to Belfry. Morgan is not at a Breathitt level but they are a very much improved team from past years. Breathitt as we all know is always in a position to play for a state championship. 95,96,02 state champions, 08 state runner up. In a 48-8 game against Morgan county, my question is why would Breathitt feel the need to try to demoralize the kids out there for Morgan county when the game was a 48-8 score? And yes at 55-8 Breathitt's big horses Collins and Trent were still in the game.
You have to let your starters play full games when it's this close to the playoffs. It doesn't really matter what the score is. I'm sure it's nothing personal to any team.
enknight84 Wrote:I know two of the coaches were former Breathitt players (Brian Turner and Will Noble) who is the third?
John Scott Fugate- graduated in '88.
BCalumni Wrote:You have to let your starters play full games when it's this close to the playoffs. It doesn't really matter what the score is. I'm sure it's nothing personal to any team.

That's what non-district scheduling is for. If you are in a weak non-competitive district, like Breathitt is, you have to account for it by beefing up your non-district slate and moving your games around as needed. That's why Belfry plays Johnson Central in Week 10, why Bell plays Harlan County, and the like.

Somerset and Hazard were "good" non-district games. Letcher Central and Clay County were "ok" games, and Newport was a cupcake. If Breathitt were concerned about reps for their starters they would have scheduled someone other than Clay County in the final week. Somerset and Hazard each are playing non-district games that week as well, instead of running the score up on their over matched district foes they could have switched games on their scheduling grid to accommodate.

I understand the logic behind "game reps", but how much benefit do you actually get against a team who may not even be on par with your second string? Is that really going to prepare you for a team like a Belfry or Pike Central that the Bobcats will be seeing in the playoffs? Not to mention Breathitt's players were probably on mental "cruise control" and Morgan players had probably accepted defeat at that point.
BCalumni Wrote:John Scott Fugate- graduated in '88.
Thanks.
congrats bc on the win, hang in there mc
airball3 Wrote:I think Holcomb and Breathitt was trying to make a statement in this game by beating a 6-1 team by 54 points. Thats pretty impressive, Morgan County isn't a push over team this year, and Breathitt had their way with them. I didn't honsetly think that Holcomb would run the score up that much, being that most of the Cougar coaching staff had ties to Breathitt.

I will say one thing though, that will eventually get Breathitt County in trouble come playoff time. PERSONAL FOULS. I have NEVER seen a team get as many personal fouls called against them. Even if Breathitt County finishes out the season on top, this team will always be known as a bunch of PUNKS if they don't get some things turned around. Their one of the best teams in Eastern Kentucky, now they need to play with class.

I hope you guys remember how you felt about this and that you don't mistreat Magoffin County this weekend, just because you can. Play the way you want to be played.
I remember 1 play from the game that a Morgan county player was laying flat on the ground and then got up off his knees to run for a 10 gain before being tackled AGAIN which then the refs blew the whistle
8790 Wrote:I remember 1 play from the game that a Morgan county player was laying flat on the ground and then got up off his knees to run for a 10 gain before being tackled AGAIN which then the refs blew the whistle

I remember about 5 plays when after the play was over the Bobcats continued to push and try to fight. Breathitt is a good team but they are classless.

And as for Morgan Countys team trash talking on FACEBOOK and so on, that was an ignorant move.
coal buddy Wrote:Morgan Co. got a taste of their own medicine. They have poored it on some teams this year that could not match up with them. They like to talk the talk when they are winning 30, 40, or even 50 pts. Yea you had a big win over Knott-- wow, but you know now that BOBCAT football is a little different. (49 to 0) (62 to 8)--there you go old friend, didn't I tell you.

What are they supposed to do? Morgan County don't allow 6th graders to play High School Varsity. Morgan County's JV played 1/2 of the games where Morgan won big. :igiveup:

Personally if I was Brian Turner, my varsity would play the rest of the season. Morgan County doesn't get any respect anyways, so why not beat the teams as bad as they can. I wouldnt hold back Friday and I would make a statement with the Hornets.
airball3 Wrote:What are they supposed to do? Morgan County don't allow 6th graders to play High School Varsity.

I'm pretty sure no school lets 6th graders play varsity football as it is against KHSAA rules. Have to be in the 9th grade to play varsity foootball.
Altro Cat Wrote:I'm pretty sure no school lets 6th graders play varsity football as it is against KHSAA rules. Have to be in the 9th grade to play varsity foootball.
That's correct.
If Belfrey or Pike Central want the tape I'd say they already have them.
Belfry doesn't need Breathitt's tapes because everyone knows Breathitt is a solid team, plus Belfry and Breathitt have played many times in the past. Pike central shouldn't need a tape either because ive heard it seems like Chapman, Shouse and Boggs have been at more Breathitt games then they have been at Pike Central games.
Everyone on here wants to call Breathitt classless, well lets talk classless for a little while. In my books classless is when a players talks trash about other teams and I don't think Breathitt done that, which Morgan Co. did. Classless is when a team pees on cheerleading mates, in brand new coolers and on nice towels from the school they are playing. I heard on twitter that a Breathitt Cheerleader posted that Somerset's team peed on those things while playing against Breathitt this year. Classless is when a ADULT comes up to a CHILD/PLAYER and starts saying that Belfry is going to kill them this year. I was in Hazard watching Perry/Whitley, when a adult from Pike Central comes up to a Breahitt player at Taco Bell and tells them that Belfry is going to kill them. All the Breathitt player said was whatever. Is that classless, NO. On twitter the Breathitt players all wish Huff and Robinson from Perry good luck every week and those 2 boys wish Breathitt good luck also is that classless, NO.

Breathitt is not a classless program in my books. I have great respect for coach Holcomb and his players for doing what they do day in and day out. It takes a lot of heart for anyone to play football because all the hot summer practices as well as cold winter games. I wish Breathitt nothing but GOOD LUCK next week and in the playoffs.
8790 Wrote:Classless is when a ADULT comes up to a CHILD/PLAYER and starts saying that Belfry is going to kill them this year. I was in Hazard watching Perry/Whitley, when a adult from Pike Central comes up to a Breahitt player at Taco Bell and tells them that Belfry is going to kill them.

Confusedhh: Pike Central fan must really think highly of their program if they are conceding that Belfry is the one that will be taking Breathitt down instead of their own team :trolldad:
8790 Wrote:Everyone on here wants to call Breathitt classless, well lets talk classless for a little while. In my books classless is when a players talks trash about other teams and I don't think Breathitt done that, which Morgan Co. did. Classless is when a team pees on cheerleading mates, in brand new coolers and on nice towels from the school they are playing. I heard on twitter that a Breathitt Cheerleader posted that Somerset's team peed on those things while playing against Breathitt this year. Classless is when a ADULT comes up to a CHILD/PLAYER and starts saying that Belfry is going to kill them this year. I was in Hazard watching Perry/Whitley, when a adult from Pike Central comes up to a Breahitt player at Taco Bell and tells them that Belfry is going to kill them. All the Breathitt player said was whatever. Is that classless, NO. On twitter the Breathitt players all wish Huff and Robinson from Perry good luck every week and those 2 boys wish Breathitt good luck also is that classless, NO.

Breathitt is not a classless program in my books. I have great respect for coach Holcomb and his players for doing what they do day in and day out. It takes a lot of heart for anyone to play football because all the hot summer practices as well as cold winter games. I wish Breathitt nothing but GOOD LUCK next week and in the playoffs.

Well said, that was ignorant on the Morgan County's players part for talking that much trash. I didn't mean that Breathitt was classless, their actions are showing that. The team plays with alot of emotion, but they need to tone it down a few notches, or they are going to get a bad reputation, and I agree, all the stuff above you mentioned was pretty pathetic.
Altro Cat Wrote:I'm pretty sure no school lets 6th graders play varsity football as it is against KHSAA rules. Have to be in the 9th grade to play varsity foootball.

:dudecomeon:

I was being sarcastic. lol
8790;1282605[U Wrote:]Belfry doesn't need Breathitt's tapes because [/U]everyone knows Breathitt is a solid team, plus Belfry and Breathitt have played many times in the past. Pike central shouldn't need a tape either because ive heard it seems like Chapman, Shouse and Boggs have been at more Breathitt games then they have been at Pike Central games.

I'm sure they do but the more films you have the more you can break down and study your opponent. In a tight game, every coach has tendacies. Every coach has a system, in crunch time on down and distance, they have tendacies on what they like to do. The more films you have, the better percentage you can get on "down and distance" situations. If you have 2 films that are not close games, coaches can be more relaxed in play calling. If you have 6 films and break them all down, down and distance, hash, formation, you start to see tandacies in certain situations, just saying.
The more info. you get on somebody, the better prepared you will be. Especially if it's equal teams.
airball3 Wrote:What are they supposed to do? Morgan County don't allow 6th graders to play High School Varsity. Morgan County's JV played 1/2 of the games where Morgan won big. :igiveup:

Personally if I was Brian Turner, my varsity would play the rest of the season. Morgan County doesn't get any respect anyways, so why not beat the teams as bad as they can. I wouldnt hold back Friday and I would make a statement with the Hornets.

Nope, score was 42-18 against Magoffin, Morgan was inside the 10, coach Turner sent in a freshman running back and gave him all 4 carries.
He didn't get in. Morgan's D held, the next drive was with a freshman back in which he fumbled. Point is it's 42-18 late in the 4th quarter, Morgan had the game in hand, there was no need to leave the varsity in and get at least 2 more scores. Coach Turner showed alot of class.
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
coal buddy Wrote:Morgan Co. got a taste of their own medicine. They have poored it on some teams this year that could not match up with them. They like to talk the talk when they are winning 30, 40, or even 50 pts. Yea you had a big win over Knott-- wow, but you know now that BOBCAT football is a little different. (49 to 0) (62 to 8)--there you go old friend, didn't I tell you.

Hold up there. Morgan lead 32-0 at the half on Jackson county, Jv and freshman played 2nd half. Morgan lead 42-0 at the half on Knott, Jv and freshman played 2nd half. I disagree with your statement. Morgan could have put 100 on Knott, a varsity back never touched the ball in the entire 2nd half.
I thank that Breathitt was getting ready for the playoffs. The starters has only played 2 whole games befor this one.I thank if you are going to run your mouth and talk trash talk , you should be able to back it up.Breathitt was the better team that night. Good win for breathitt