Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County 62 - Morgan County 8
Final.
It didn't get ugly until the second quarter, surprisingly.
About what I expected. Congratulations, Breathitt County and Morgan County you've had a great year and I wish you the best for the future.
I figured this.

Congrats to Morgan County on one heck of a season for the Cougars!
congrats to BC
Congrats on another win tonight Bobcats! 8-0, Keep It Up!!!
The Bobcats win big at home against the Cougars. The game wasn't even close. Breathitt County is the real deal and improve to 8-0 as the Cougars drop to 6-2 on the season. I picked the upset in this game, but the Bobcats proved me very wrong this time. Breathitt County beat a good Morgan County football team tonight. BC is probably the best team or one of the best teams in the Mountains, maybe even 3A. Trent and Collins are a force to reckon with. BC's running game and defense was all over the field tonight. BC had 600+ yards in total offense. Kudos to BC, their GOOD.
Will the Bobcats stay undefeated going into the playoffs? Great season!
^ yea they'll go undefeated the rest of the season and should go deep into the playoffs
Stardust Wrote:Will the Bobcats stay undefeated going into the playoffs? Great season!

Yep.. Clay Co. was the only team they had to worry about. And well, you can see what they're doing lol. Not to them at all, but Breathitt is in a different leage
I figured the score would be like this, congrats Bobcats. I think they'll go deep in the playoffs. If they continue to click on both sides of the ball they have the potential to take state, it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.
Congratz kittycats!
10/14/2011 Breathitt Co. 62 Morgan Co. 8
Morgan Co. 0 8 0 0 0
Breathitt Co. 21 20 21 0 62
Scoring summary:
B--Richard Trent 10 run (kick failed); B--Trent 30 run (Ryan Cox pass from Trent); B--Will Collins 10 run (Devon Rice kick); B--Collins 66 run (kick failed); B--Trent 15 run (James Blomberg run); M--Joe Holbrook 33 pass from Larrin Collins (Kerrick Kidd run); B--Collins 38 pass from Trent (pass failed); B--Cox 36 run (Michael Hilderbrand kick); B--Collins 13 run (Hilderbrand kick); B--Josh Fletcher 67 pass from Trent (Hilderbrand kick).
Records: Breathitt Co. 8-0, Morgan Co. 6-2.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z1aqi03l1b
Bobcats QB Richard Trent and tailback Will Collins both figured in five of their team's scores in a win at home.
Trent was 7-for-11 for 223 yards and two TDs and also had 122 rushing yards that included three scores. Collins carried the ball eight times for 185 yards and three TDs to go along with two TD catches.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/10/15/19218...z1aqxsAiU0
airball3 Wrote:The Bobcats win big at home against the Cougars. The game wasn't even close. Breathitt County is the real deal and improve to 8-0 as the Cougars drop to 6-2 on the season. I picked the upset in this game, but the Bobcats proved me very wrong this time. Breathitt County beat a good Morgan County football team tonight. BC is probably the best team or one of the best teams in the Mountains, maybe even 3A. Trent and Collins are a force to reckon with. BC's running game and defense was all over the field tonight. BC had 600+ yards in total offense. Kudos to BC, their GOOD.

Will Tom is a like a lil' smaller version of Channing Fugate. Morgan had a couple of wide open pass plays that would have been scores that were thrown poorly. I will say this in all honesty, Holcomb beat Morgan absolutely as bad as he could. Starters were in the game for Breathitt until a little under the 2 minute mark. Breathitt is a state title contender and Morgan is an improved team. All I can say is this, for Holcomb to absolutely beat Morgan as bad as he possibly could have, leave his starters in until under 2 minutes to go in the game, and run it up on 3 coaches on Morgan's staff who gave their all for the Breathitt program at 1 time is classless.
If that's true, he's taking a big chance on somebody getting hurt.... maybe from a cheap shot.
SlantStrong Wrote:Will Tom is a like a lil' smaller version of Channing Fugate. Morgan had a couple of wide open pass plays that would have been scores that were thrown poorly. I will say this in all honesty, Holcomb beat Morgan absolutely as bad as he could. Starters were in the game for Breathitt until a little under the 2 minute mark. Breathitt is a state title contender and Morgan is an improved team. All I can say is this, for Holcomb to absolutely beat Morgan as bad as he possibly could have, leave his starters in until under 2 minutes to go in the game, and run it up on 3 coaches on Morgan's staff who gave their all for the Breathitt program at 1 time is classless.

Maybe Morgan's fans and players should stay off of Facebook and quit posting crap on the internet. If your going to talk then you better be able to back it up, just saying.

If your going to call Holcomb classless you might want to take a look at your own fans and players first.
I don't think there was as much smack talking as people say, obviously there is going to be smack talking. What football player don't talk smack. Win or loose its part of the game. It is a gamble on the smack talking, some times you will win that fight, sometimes you will loose.. Its football... Sometimes you take beatings its part of the game
I really don't think Holcomb is worried about anybody's fans.
Altro Cat Wrote:Maybe Morgan's fans and players should stay off of Facebook and quit posting crap on the internet. If your going to talk then you better be able to back it up, just saying.

If your going to call Holcomb classless you might want to take a look at your own fans and players first.
Breathitt is a state-championship level program. Why would you taunt a Breathitt on facebook? not very smart for whoever done such. I did catch the ending on the radio, Breathitt was up 48-8 and Collins and Trent were both still in the game. 55-8 Collins and Trent were still in the game. Why did Holcomb feel the need to literally run it up on Morgan? Very uncalled for. If I was Morgan every Breathitt film I had I would be sending it to Belfry. Morgan is not at a Breathitt level but they are a very much improved team from past years. Breathitt as we all know is always in a position to play for a state championship. 95,96,02 state champions, 08 state runner up. In a 48-8 game against Morgan county, my question is why would Breathitt feel the need to try to demoralize the kids out there for Morgan county when the game was a 48-8 score? And yes at 55-8 Breathitt's big horses Collins and Trent were still in the game.
If Morgan County wanted to play breathitt's JV then they should have scheduled a JV game. Going into the game Morgan should have known they was going to get a good beating. In my opinion if you can't play with the big dogs then stay off the field!!!
Congrats Bobcats! Impressive Season!
True Breathitt Wrote:I really don't think Holcomb is worried about anybody's fans.

No I agree. It's all about stats....Morgan was a good game even though your up 48-8 to "up" those stats. Scroll up and look at the scoring column Stardust posted. Last 2 scores Breathitt got was by Collins and Fletcher, both starters. Game was 48-8 at that point.
I didn't listen or watch the game, but from what I have seen of Breathitt this season, there has been maybe one game or two that the starters have played a whole game. Maybe Coach Holcomb is getting the boys the work they need in for the playoffs. A little extra game conditioning?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
There was really no need for smack talk in this game though. Breathitt was a clear favorite by a LARGE margin. But a few Cougar fans didn't see it that way lol
McCameraMan Wrote:There was really no need for smack talk in this game though. Breathitt was a clear favorite by a LARGE margin. But a few Cougar fans didn't see it that way lol

Breathitt was a huge favorite, that don't take a genius to figure out. Breathitt will more than likely be playing for a state championship. I do agree it's not smart to smack talk a sleeping giant. Cameraman you need to learn if you don't believe, it will never happen. It may not happen anyways, but if you don't believe, it never will.
I've said it all year, this Bobcat team is the real deal.

Congrats BC.
SlantStrong Wrote:Breathitt will more than likely be playing for a state championship. .
Highly debatable...
I think Holcomb and Breathitt was trying to make a statement in this game by beating a 6-1 team by 54 points. Thats pretty impressive, Morgan County isn't a push over team this year, and Breathitt had their way with them. I didn't honsetly think that Holcomb would run the score up that much, being that most of the Cougar coaching staff had ties to Breathitt.

I will say one thing though, that will eventually get Breathitt County in trouble come playoff time. PERSONAL FOULS. I have NEVER seen a team get as many personal fouls called against them. Even if Breathitt County finishes out the season on top, this team will always be known as a bunch of PUNKS if they don't get some things turned around. Their one of the best teams in Eastern Kentucky, now they need to play with class.
mandan Wrote:If that's true, he's taking a big chance on somebody getting hurt.... maybe from a cheap shot.

Not everyone plays Bobcat football.
Congrats to Breathitt Co.