Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGR Members Rankings For The Week Of 10/9
^Thunder Lips, while Beechwood is a 1A team, calling them 1A Beechwood is like calling Stallone a 5'8" little man. While they may be a small school and Stallone a little man, they pack a punch.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I don't disagree with you about Beechwood, but a strong 4A school should handle a strong Class A school handily. That 1 win doesn't convince me at all that CovCath is in the same league as LexCath with victories (all on the road) at Bell Co, Boyle Co, & Lafayette.
Thunder Lips Wrote:Well, the Lakers probably would beat Taylor. It would fit right in with every other win they have against teams that have losing records. Russell Co. has defeated NOT ONE TEAM with a winning record.
Lex Cath's only loss was by 10 points to a John Hardin team that is either #1 or #2 in 5A. That definetly is equal to the 5 pt loss CovCath had to Highlands. Not to mention, CovCath's best win is against Class A Beechwood. Pathetic if you ask me. LexCath has won at Bell Co., at Boyle Co., and at Lafayette (which is ranked stupidly high in the 6A poll). It is a no-brainer that LexCath is ahead of CovCath.

Where do I start?

Hmm, Well to begin with, my comment had nothing to do with the Lakers other than to the point that the Taylor Co victory was not some big Eye Opening experience that should have all of a sudden garnered attention to LexCath. My comment was to do with Lex Catholic being moved from #3 to #2 in a week where they played Taylor Co. and CovCath was on a bye week coming off a 64-0 win over Pendleton Co. My point was that there was no justification to make the move this week.

IF, all the things you say are true, then why would LC not have already been ranked ahead of CC.

As to the Lakers' opponents (since you decided do drag us down there with you under the troll bridge), we scheduled mostly 5A schools for non-district games. I have no problem in who we've played or the margins that we have won by. However, Taylor is currently ranked 170 on Massey ratings.....while the opponents we have defeated have been ranked as follows:

Marion Co #117, Whitley Co. #61, S. Laurel #135, Pulaski Co. #93, N. Laurel #153, and Letcher Central #85. This equates to a schedule strength of #63 in the state compared to Highlands #30, Harlan Co #50, etc.

Oh, and just so you know, CovCath's Sch Strength is #6 where Lex Cath is #10.
FBfan4 Wrote:He's also from Pikeville who "btw" is a "Coach Chapman" hater. I'm just saying.
:lame:
I am not a Chapman "Hater". I just think he is a poor character guy that coaches football. I keep bias out of my of my posts, espcially when dealing with rankings. If you think Pike Central beats Danville convincingly, shuts out Hazard, beats Pulaski County, holds Breathitt to 20, stays within 6 of Whitley County, then you can argue with me. Bring forth your evidence to support your argument. Somerset has played a much more competitive schedule and while they are 4-3, the only test PC has had, they lost. So, stop with the immature, ad hominem attacks and support your arguments with something of substance.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Its not MY opinion.
LeeCoUkFan does that ranking.
And honestly, Somerset is probably much better than PikeCentral.
Take it from panther thunder, he knows both teams.

Yes, and obviously no one has to agree with it but, IMO Somerset is still better than Pike Central. They played a very close game with arguably the best 2A team in the state in the Glasgow Scotties and they beat a very good Danville team 23-6. I know you can probably say this for a lot of teams but Somerset could easily be 6-1 right now!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
FBfan4 Wrote:

3 losses? WTF? Pike Central started out in the Mountain Top 10 & dropped from #8 to #9 in WYMT Poll without ever losing a game. Then they lose to Powell (Who is a very good team, EARLY IN THE SEASON & it's kind of hard to spot a team 3 TD's when you're playing AWAY & COME BACK) & drop out of the WYMT POLL COMPLETELY BUT still have gained no respect from anyone here.
I realize we're NOT talking about WYMT's Poll & this is your opinion but SERIOUSLY? You want to compare schedules -- Who has Breathitt played? NOBODY!
At least you moved Perry above Johnson Central. I still think Harlan should be ranked #1 above Bell but I understand why Bell is ranked #1 since they haven't been beaten by Harlan YET.
:lame:

Who has Breathitt played? The question is who has Pike Central played? Breathitt has beaten both Somerset and Hazard. In my opinion both of these teams would defeat Pike Central by two or three touchdowns. Pike Central was defeated by Powell County. Enough said.
As a former student at Pike Central and Graduate of Shelby Valley, I am partial to want Pike Central to succeed. At the same time I cant stand the PCC posters on here, get over the fact that you had one good year. Making it to a regional championship, and losing badly to SC. You have played one of the weakest schedules in the state over the past few years and put up points, and run the score up on lesser teams, the only team that you have played that may have a chance of winning a playoff game you lost to. Now when you beat Belfry eat it up ok? But you wont and probably never will. You have won games the past few years by getting the top recruiting classes in the Mountains. I can say that because you go caught. Remember? Your key wins at that school are.........SC with like 10 players out due to the fighting incident with Belfry and a Mason County team without their best player. You didnt beat anyone last year, because those wins were taken away. Now this year you may get another playoff win, maybe not then you go back to being the 4th best team in Pike County. You have a talented QB and a few good skill players, I personaly want them to have alot of sucess but the fans dont realize your feeder schools arent very good and are not coached well, atleast at the Head coach position. You are all crazy. You have a solid team, no doubt. But chill out Somerset and Hazard would beat you like their red headed step child. If you get to play Breathitt they will do the same....You are not the Mecca of Mountain football. I'm sorry but seriously get real.
Alpha_Male Wrote:As a former student at Pike Central and Graduate of Shelby Valley, I am partial to want Pike Central to succeed. At the same time I cant stand the PCC posters on here, get over the fact that you had one good year. Making it to a regional championship, and losing badly to SC. You have played one of the weakest schedules in the state over the past few years and put up points, and run the score up on lesser teams, the only team that you have played that may have a chance of winning a playoff game you lost to. Now when you beat Belfry eat it up ok? But you wont and probably never will. You have won games the past few years by getting the top recruiting classes in the Mountains. I can say that because you go caught. Remember? Your key wins at that school are.........SC with like 10 players out due to the fighting incident with Belfry and a Mason County team without their best player. You didnt beat anyone last year, because those wins were taken away. Now this year you may get another playoff win, maybe not then you go back to being the 4th best team in Pike County. You have a talented QB and a few good skill players, I personaly want them to have alot of sucess but the fans dont realize your feeder schools arent very good and are not coached well, atleast at the Head coach position. You are all crazy. You have a solid team, no doubt. But chill out Somerset and Hazard would beat you like their red headed step child. If you get to play Breathitt they will do the same....You are not the Mecca of Mountain football. I'm sorry but seriously get real.

Spot on.
They kill me man. Its like they cant handle moderate sucess.