Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGR Members Rankings For The Week Of 10/9
Sorry there late guys.
Here they are.
Class 1A

1. Mayfield (7-0) (Idle)
2. Beechwood (6-1) (63-8 Win vs. Bellevue)
3. Hazard (4-2) (38-13 Win vs. Harlan)
4. Louisville Holy Cross (6-1) (54-20 Win vs. Kentucky Country Day)
5. Fairview (7-0) (56-14 Win vs. Paintsville)
6. Pikeville (5-2) (49-22 Win vs. South Floyd)
7. Raceland (3-4) (42-8 Win vs. Nicholas County)
8. Harlan (3-3) (38-13 Loss vs. Hazard)
9. Russellville (4-3) (60-6 Win vs. Fulton County)
10. Kentucky Country Day (5-2) (54-20 Loss vs. Louisville Holy Cross)
Class 2A

1. Newport Central Catholic (7-0)-(45-14 Win @ Lloyd Memorial)
2. Glasgow (7-0)-(55-0 Win vs. Clinton County)
3. Owensboro Catholic (7-0)-(34-28 OT Win @ Hancock County)
4. Somerset (4-3)-(23-6 Win vs. Danville)
5. Murray (6-1)-(35-0 Win vs. Crittenden County)
6. Danville (5-2)-(23-6 Loss @ Somerset)
7. Green County (5-2)-(Idle)
8. DeSales (4-3)-(51-0 Win vs. Shawnee)
9. Christian Academy-Louisville (4-3)-(21-16 Win @ Bardstown)
10. Prestonsburg (5-3)-(48-35 Win vs. Shelby Valley)
Class 3A

1. Central (5-2)-(76-14 Win @ Elizabethtown)
2. Bell County (6-1)-(41-0 Win @ Clay County)
3. Belfry (7-0)-(7-6 Win vs. Ashland)
4. Paducah Tilghman (6-2)-(57-7 Win vs. Trigg County)
5. Breathitt County (7-0)-(Idle)
6. Edmonson County (7-0)-(Idle)
7. Ft. Campbell (3-4)-(Idle)
8. Russell (5-2)-(38-14 Win @ Mason County)
9. Garrard County (6-1)-(35-34 OT Win @ Bourbon County)
10. Powell County (6-1)-(45-0 Win vs. Bath County)
Class 4A

1. Highlands (7-0)- (79-0 Win @ Pendleton Co)
2. Covington Catholic (5-2)- (Idle)
3. Lexington Catholic (7-1)- (69-6 Win vs Taylor Co)
4. Boyle County (4-3)- (Idle)
5. Rockcastle County (7-0)- (Idle)
6. Johnson Central (6-1)- (58-6 Win @ Greenup Co.)
7. Russell County (6-1)- (Idle)
8. Madisonville-North Hopkins (6-1)- (61-0 Win vs Hopkins Co. Central)
9. Ashland Blazer (6-2)- (7-6 Loss @ Belfry)
10. Franklin-Simpson (6-1)- (Idle)
Class 5A

1. Bowling Green (7-0)-(76-7 Win @ Logan County)
2. John Hardin (7-0)-(41-20 Win @ Jeffersontown)
3. Harlan County (7-0)-(60-12 Win vs. Letcher County Central)
4. Christian County (8-0)-(53-16 Win @ Apollo)
5. Warren Central (7-0)-(Idle)
6. Franklin County (8-0)-(57-25 Win @ Woodford County)
7. Anderson County (6-1)-(72-18 Win vs. West Jessamine)
8. Perry County Central (6-1)-(41-40 Win vs. Whitley County)
9. Ohio County (6-1)-(35-34 Win vs. Graves County)
10. Jeffersontown (5-1)-(41-20 Loss vs. John Hardin)
Class 6A

1. Trinity (7-0)-(58-7 Win vs. Manual)
2. Scott Co. (7-0)- (48-7 Win @ Henry Clay)
3. PRP (6-1)-(42-16 Win vs. Seneca)
4. Lafayette (6-2) - (22-19 Win vs. Clark County)
5. Butler (5-2)-(34-13 Win @ #6 Southern)
6. St. Xavier( 4-4)-(57-7 Win @ Male)
7. Bryan Station (5-2)-(51-16 Win @ Dunbar)
8. Eastern (5-2) - (36-0 Win vs. Ballard)
9. Manual (6-1)-(7-58 Loss vs. #1 Trinity)
10. Southern (4-3)-(13-34 Loss vs. #7 Butler)
Mountain Top 10

1. Bell Co.(6-1) Won @ Clay Co. 41-0
2. Harlan Co.(7-0) Won vs Letcher Co. Central 60-12
3. Belfry(7-0) Won vs Ashland Blazer 7-6
4. Rockcastle Co.(7-0) idle
5. Breathitt Co.(7-0) idle
6. Perry Co. Central(6-1) Won vs Whitley Co. 41-40
7. Knox Central(5-2) idle
8. Johnson Central(6-1) Won @ Greenup Co. 58-6
9. Somerset(4-3) Won vs Danville 23-6
10. Hazard(4-2) Won @ Harlan 38-13
I have to say that once again the BGR member's rankings look more accurate than the AP. In fact, those of us working on this have our teams, but these are much less biased the the AP ranking with all of the impractical 1st place votes being given to teams that obviously don't deserve them. Just goes to show just how credible some of these so-called news sources aren't.
^
my thoughts exactly.
Theres obviously hometown newspaperss that vote for there team and thats ridicolous.
Vote for who should really be number one.
I honestly believe theres a clear number one in each class except maybe 5A with Bg and JH getting some respect.

1A Mayfield
2A Newport Central Catholic
3A Central
4A Highlands
5A Bowling Green
6A Trinity

How can anyone seriously not vote these 6 teams as the number one team every time.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
my thoughts exactly.
Theres obviously hometown newspaperss that vote for there team and thats ridicolous.
Vote for who should really be number one.
I honestly believe theres a clear number one in each class except maybe 5A with Bg and JH getting some respect.

1A Mayfield
2A Newport Central Catholic
3A Central
4A Highlands
5A Bowling Green
6A Trinity

How can anyone seriously not vote these 6 teams as the number one team every time.

And how can enough people see Lex Catholic better than Cov Catholic to drop CC this week. Was LC's hanging 69 up on Taylor Co worthy of a jump in the ranking. If so, I want the Lakers to play them.....I think we can do it without allowing the 6 points on D.
^
lol i know.
Its absurd.
Thats what you get with homers though.
If we did a poll like that on here PCC would be ranked ahead of Trinity :biggrin:
lol i know.
Its absurd.
If we did a poll like that on here PCC would be ranked ahead of Trinity :biggrin:

Lol that's sad but true!
The only question I would have is Edmonson Co. really that good or are they just another Western KY team that is overrated? I only ask because I know nothing about them other than what I have seen on the KHSAA website and I'm not 100% on board with them yet. Can anyone give me a real idea an them?
DEVIL89 Wrote:The only question I would have is Edmonson Co. really that good or are they just another Western KY team that is overrated? I only ask because I know nothing about them other than what I have seen on the KHSAA website and I'm not 100% on board with them yet. Can anyone give me a real idea an them?

EKUAlum might be able to help you on that one.
He does the 3A rankings.

Personally Edmonsons record is great and there no denying that.
We'll see how they do against Butler County at the end of the year.
Bad thing is that this team wont truly be tested till the playoffs
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Mountain Top 10

1. Bell Co.(6-1) Won @ Clay Co. 41-0
2. Harlan Co.(7-0) Won vs Letcher Co. Central 60-12
3. Belfry(7-0) Won vs Ashland Blazer 7-6
4. Rockcastle Co.(7-0) idle
5. Breathitt Co.(7-0) idle
6. Perry Co. Central(6-1) Won vs Whitley Co. 41-40
7. Knox Central(5-2) idle
8. Johnson Central(6-1) Won @ Greenup Co. 58-6
9. Somerset(4-3) Won vs Danville 23-6
10. Hazard(4-2) Won @ Harlan 38-13

3 losses? WTF? Pike Central started out in the Mountain Top 10 & dropped from #8 to #9 in WYMT Poll without ever losing a game. Then they lose to Powell (Who is a very good team, EARLY IN THE SEASON & it's kind of hard to spot a team 3 TD's when you're playing AWAY & COME BACK) & drop out of the WYMT POLL COMPLETELY BUT still have gained no respect from anyone here.
I realize we're NOT talking about WYMT's Poll & this is your opinion but SERIOUSLY? You want to compare schedules -- Who has Breathitt played? NOBODY!
At least you moved Perry above Johnson Central. I still think Harlan should be ranked #1 above Bell but I understand why Bell is ranked #1 since they haven't been beaten by Harlan YET.
:lame:
lol i know.
Its absurd.

You guys can get on here and make fun of Perry fans for supporting our team all you want, but the biggest reason you do it is because we beat your team and you are butt hurt. So make fun all you want, but all that does is add fuel to the fire, it's you all that has to read what we post.:rockon:
Edmonson has played three winless teams.
king360 Wrote:You guys can get on here and make fun of Perry fans for supporting our team all you want, but the biggest reason you do it is because we beat your team and you are butt hurt. So make fun all you want, but all that does is add fuel to the fire, it's you all that has to read what we post.:rockon:

We just like to keep you guys on your toes.
I think there is a drop-off between Belfry and Rockcastle County. I know that I may not truly realize how good they are or whatever but beating Ashland is a really good win. If Rock beats K.....N......O....................................................................X Big Grin on the road, I will believe the hype.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
FBfan4 Wrote:3 losses? WTF? Pike Central started out in the Mountain Top 10 & dropped from #8 to #9 in WYMT Poll without ever losing a game. Then they lose to Powell (Who is a very good team, EARLY IN THE SEASON & it's kind of hard to spot a team 3 TD's when you're playing AWAY & COME BACK) & drop out of the WYMT POLL COMPLETELY BUT still have gained no respect from anyone here.
I realize we're NOT talking about WYMT's Poll & this is your opinion but SERIOUSLY? You want to compare schedules -- Who has Breathitt played? NOBODY!
At least you moved Perry above Johnson Central. I still think Harlan should be ranked #1 above Bell but I understand why Bell is ranked #1 since they haven't been beaten by Harlan YET.
Somerset is still better than Pike Central, IMO.
FBfan4 Wrote:

3 losses? WTF? Pike Central started out in the Mountain Top 10 & dropped from #8 to #9 in WYMT Poll without ever losing a game. Then they lose to Powell (Who is a very good team, EARLY IN THE SEASON & it's kind of hard to spot a team 3 TD's when you're playing AWAY & COME BACK) & drop out of the WYMT POLL COMPLETELY BUT still have gained no respect from anyone here.

Its not MY opinion.
LeeCoUkFan does that ranking.
And honestly, Somerset is probably much better than PikeCentral.
Take it from panther thunder, he knows both teams.
king360 Wrote:You guys can get on here and make fun of Perry fans for supporting our team all you want, but the biggest reason you do it is because we beat your team and you are butt hurt. So make fun all you want, but all that does is add fuel to the fire, it's you all that has to read what we post.:rockon:

What are you talking about????

Im a Rockcastle fan.

Im not butt hurt.

We kicked Ass

22-0

:biglmao:
DEVIL89 Wrote:The only question I would have is Edmonson Co. really that good or are they just another Western KY team that is overrated? I only ask because I know nothing about them other than what I have seen on the KHSAA website and I'm not 100% on board with them yet. Can anyone give me a real idea an them?

I watched a couple of their games on Ihigh this past weekend and came away thinking more highly of them than before, but I still don't think they are in the same class as the 1-5 teams. Very good backs, a quick line, and an aggressive defense. Defense would have a ton of trouble vs. athletic teams that will make them pay.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Class 6A

1. Trinity (7-0)-(58-7 Win vs. Manual)
2. Scott Co. (7-0)- (48-7 Win @ Henry Clay)
3. PRP (6-1)-(42-16 Win vs. Seneca)
4. Lafayette (6-2) - (22-19 Win vs. Clark County)
5. Butler (5-2)-(34-13 Win @ #6 Southern)
6. St. Xavier( 4-4)-(57-7 Win @ Male)
7. Bryan Station (5-2)-(51-16 Win @ Dunbar)
8. Eastern (5-2) - (36-0 Win vs. Ballard)
9. Manual (6-1)-(7-58 Loss vs. #1 Trinity)
10. Southern (4-3)-(13-34 Loss vs. #7 Butler)

Manual is MUCH better than #9 in 6A.

The lowest they should be is 3 or 4.
^
Im sure SD has a reasonable thinking for that
I'm with BCA. That whole district is Top 10!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Its not MY opinion.
LeeCoUkFan does that ranking.
And honestly, Somerset is probably much better than PikeCentral.
Take it from panther thunder, he knows both teams.

He's also from Pikeville who "btw" is a "Coach Chapman" hater. I'm just saying.
Whatever -- we're used to it. Don't matter what you think. We like being the "Under dog" & being "Overlooked".
laker20 Wrote:And how can enough people see Lex Catholic better than Cov Catholic to drop CC this week. Was LC's hanging 69 up on Taylor Co worthy of a jump in the ranking. If so, I want the Lakers to play them.....I think we can do it without allowing the 6 points on D.

Well, the Lakers probably would beat Taylor. It would fit right in with every other win they have against teams that have losing records. Russell Co. has defeated NOT ONE TEAM with a winning record.
Lex Cath's only loss was by 10 points to a John Hardin team that is either #1 or #2 in 5A. That definetly is equal to the 5 pt loss CovCath had to Highlands. Not to mention, CovCath's best win is against Class A Beechwood. Pathetic if you ask me. LexCath has won at Bell Co., at Boyle Co., and at Lafayette (which is ranked stupidly high in the 6A poll). It is a no-brainer that LexCath is ahead of CovCath.