Poll: Who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ashland
39.51%
Belfry
60.49%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland @ Belfry 10/7
Wish I hadn't made plans tonight. Because I would have definately drove from Magoffin to Belfry to see this game. It's gonna be a dandy! Good luck to both teams!!
When was the last time Belfry beat Ironton?
Belfry won in 1999.

2005 was the last game of the series.
Did'nt realize it was that long ago. Both teams were having great seasons.
pulling for belfry, but taking the tomcats in this one
Truth Wrote:To extend your post, the Green Bay Packers would be "dam lucky" to leave Johnson County with a win. Still, I like your spunk. Loyalty is a marvelous thing. But state championship opportunities, something you haven't experienced and won't experience, are better. Of course, if they move the championship game to Johnson County, who knows?
FTH is one of, if not the best HS football program in the state. They have a lot to be proud of. You are 100% right JCHS has not experienced a State Championship but nobody knows what the future holds. We have every right to keep trying and keep fighting. You can't be the best unless you beat the best. I will root for that FTH QB when he is at UK. I hope he don't have the same "won't experience" additude towards underdogs that you have.
honestjchsfan Wrote: You can speak for Ashland but as far as JCHS goes they have beaten COVCath 3 stright years, putting atleast 40 on the board each time. I understand that it is diffcult for fans from great programs like Belfry and Ashland to understand the rapid raise of the JCHS program. First you must understand that JCHS has been loaded with talent for many years. Here is a example, when I was at JCHS in the 1980's there was poor KID, he was 6' 5' 250 lbs and athletic as hell, he could move like like a cat too. Heywood takes this guy and makes him ALL-State. Heywood picks the postion weather its TE, DE, DT, OT, LB NG, anyone of them he needs. At JCHS this guy stood on the sidelines didn't even get reps in practice until he was a SR then only because another guy got hurt, this guy was still talented enough to play College football and got looks from lots of D1 schools. Matney talks about the Weaver kid at SC in the late 90's that was a great High Jumper well at JCHS that kid might not have ever touched the ball! It didn't matter how talented a kid was what mattered was "WHO THE KID WAS"! Chris Deaton was First team ALL-American at Marshall, when he left JCHS his line coach and head coach both made the statement that he "couldn't play at that leval". Matney knew what talent was at JCHS when he took the job. In the late 80's and early 90's there was enough talent at JCHS that Heywood or any great coach may have won a state title then. Chuke Williams once stated that the Class of 89' and 90' at JCHS had enough talent to win the 4A title. Matney plays the best players rich or poor hell or high water so Belfry and Ashlands fans don't expect those JCHS teams like the old days. The thing about it, Matney still has yet to have a really loaded top to bottom, back to back classes at JCHS.

listen to what your sayin.. theres no problem with belfry fans understanding, we just dont care... jc did nothing until matney took over.. jim matney is belfry alumni.. so what it boils down too.. belfry= winning...
jbhatfield Wrote:listen to what your sayin.. theres no problem with belfry fans understanding, we just dont care... jc did nothing until matney took over.. jim matney is belfry alumni.. so what it boils down too.. belfry= winning...
Do me a favor, don't speak for all of Belfry fans. If you don't care, fine, just don't lump the rest of us in there with you.

This Belfry fan knows what Jim Matney has done at Johnson Central and I for one am happy as a pig in mud for him/them. Johnson Central always had good athletes that would hit you but they never could get it together and turn that into wins. I remember when the highlight of playing Johnson Central was watching their outstanding band perform at halftime.

Those days are over.

Matney's old high school coach, Dick Roddy, always said that Johnson Central would be the best place in EKY to coach. They had the resources, talent and facilities to build a program. Coach Matney has done just that and everyone at JCHS has bought into his system. The results speak for themselves.

Like honestjchsfan says, nobody on the schedule takes the Eagles lightly anymore.
honestjchsfan Wrote:FTH is one of, if not the best HS football program in the state. They have a lot to be proud of. You are 100% right JCHS has not experienced a State Championship but nobody knows what the future holds. We have every right to keep trying and keep fighting. You can't be the best unless you beat the best. I will root for that FTH QB when he is at UK. I hope he don't have the same "won't experience" additude towards underdogs that you have.

Excellent post and very realistic. I commend you and wish your team the best.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)