Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt 20 Somerset 0
Good win by the Bobcats. Looks like the Pirates have some serious competition in the 3A title hunt coming out of the mountains.
Congrats Bobcats
Bobcats continue to roll. I expect them to go undefeated the rest of the regular season and make a deep run in the playoffs
9/16/2011
Breathitt Co. 20 Somerset 0

Somerset 0 0 0 0 0
Breathitt Co. 6 8 0 6 20
Scoring summary:
BC--Josh Fletcher 49 pass from Richard Trent (kick failed); BC--Trent 1 run (Will Collins run); BC--Collins 11 run (kick failed).
Records: Breathitt Co. 5-0, Somerset 3-1

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z1YCzFZA3z
Breathitt's defense was dominant. The Bobcat defense looked very strong against a very good Somerset team. The Collins kid is a "Beast" on both sides of the ball. The scary thing about this team is they are getting better each week.
I have to say, I think this is exactly what's been missing from the Jumper's playoff runs that past 2-years.......an L in the regular season. There's nothing better to get a team focused like a loss, and they could very well have more before the years out.

I don't think this Jumper team is overrated at all. Their offense may be a bit down from the past couple of years, but I think their defense is possibly even better than they've been. They are young and need to have some of these tougher games like they have on the schedule this year. They will be much stronger mentally come playoffs this year.
laker20 Wrote:I have to say, I think this is exactly what's been missing from the Jumper's playoff runs that past 2-years.......an L in the regular season. There's nothing better to get a team focused like a loss, and they could very well have more before the years out.

I don't think this Jumper team is overrated at all. Their offense may be a bit down from the past couple of years, but I think their defense is possibly even better than they've been. They are young and need to have some of these tougher games like they have on the schedule this year. They will be much stronger mentally come playoffs this year.

Very good point. While I hate to lose this game can do nothing but help the Briar Jumpers if they take something away from this game. Breathitt County is a very good team but they didn't expose anything or just blow Somerset off of the field. All of the Briar Jumper mistakes can be corrected, the Bobcats were good enough to make them pay for the mistakes unlike some of the teams on past schedules. Somerset actually moved the ball pretty well on the ground at times but a couple of fumbled snaps cost them--that can be fixed. Breathitt County burned Somerset over the top in the passing game a couple of times but that was cleaned up by the second quarter. The final score may have been 20-0 but it could just as easily been 14-7 heading into the 4th quarter if not for a fumbled snap. The biggest difference in the game is the Bobcats took advantage of the Somerset mistakes and their defense did not allow the Briar Jumpers to take advantage of the Breathitt turnovers. On another night the game might have went the other way but last night Breathitt was the better team. Hopefully, the Briar Jumpers will use this to learn what it takes to win in a tough environment against a tough team when the breaks aren't going your way. It looked like both teams came out of it healthy and they can both make very nice playoff runs.
This score really surprises me!

Congrats BC
As long as the Jumpers realize the mistakes they made last night and work to correct them they have nothing to hang their heads about. They've had to go on the road and play two very tough opponents the last two weeks and it caught up. Breathitt is a very good team and was firing on all cylinders last night. I don't think it's so much that Somerset is overrated as Breathitt is underrated, they are definitely a top 5 mountain team and in top 3-4 in 3A IMO. I think the battle for the east in 3A is between them and Belfry at this point. Belfry-Breathitt will be a game to see.
Hell yeah, I told you all. JK.

Fletch with another big game.

Way to go BC!
RoShamBo Wrote:Jumpers got a wake up call tonight, hopefully one they needed. Breathitt was just better, plain and simple.
I agree with you here, Breathitt played as if they wanted this game more so than the Jumpers.They ran harder and were not scared to hit someone in the mouth. I believe that only good can come from this loss by the Jumpers. Good wake up call that will help us improve for the Future. Congratulations to Breathitt.

Go Jumpers