Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt 20 Somerset 0
Final from Jackson.
Bobcats have a very good team this season capable of getting back to Bowling Green.

Congrats Bobcats!
[COLOR="Blue"]I wish I could've been there to watch tonight, but boys it looks like you done a great job Smile))
CONGRATS!![/COLOR]
Breathitt very, very impressive win. Welcome to the 3A Title Game Watch List.
Congrats Bobcats
Congrats to the Bobcats. A good win in the back pocket.
A little surprised by that score.

Congratulations Breathitt.
congrats to BC
I miss one game in the last 5 years and we get shut out.

Congrats Bobcats.

Jumpers put this behind you and get ready for next Friday.
Congrats on the impressive win Bobcats! Keep your heads up Jumpers! Still a good team!
NEVER did I ever expect the Jumpers to lose and especially get shutout!!! The Briar Jumpers shutout the Hazard Bulldogs for the first time since 2006 and then follow it up with being shutout for the first time since the 2009 State Title game and the first time in the regular season since 09/13/02 at home against Southwestern.

Congrats Bobcats!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
knew breathitt could score but the defense surprised me. congrats bobcats, keep up the hard work
I am really happy to see B.C. get the win I am sure this was considered a huge game and one both teams wanted as badly as they are going to want any game this season.
Congrats Bobcats. Surprised by the score though. Keep your heads up Somerset.
2 weeks in a row Somersets offense struggled. Last week they scored on about a 90 yard field goal block return. Then the other score came after a big punt return.
This week I dont remember any big plays other then the one before half time that was eventually tackled short of a touchdown.

Ive not really kept up with this this year other then the last 2 weeks. Are they over rated? Who have they played so far this year?
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:2 weeks in a row Somersets offense struggled. Last week they scored on about a 90 yard field goal block return. Then the other score came after a big punt return.
This week I dont remember any big plays other then the one before half time that was eventually tackled short of a touchdown.

Ive not really kept up with this this year other then the last 2 weeks. Are they over rated? Who have they played so far this year?

I don't think that they're over rated. They're schedule as of today looks like this:

Aug 19, 11 West Jessamine at East Jessamine 40 - 19 (W)
Aug 26, 11 Pulaski County home 33 - 20 (W)
Sep 9, 11 Hazard away 14 - 0 (W) Click
Sep 16, 11 Breathitt County away 0 - 20 (L)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:2 weeks in a row Somersets offense struggled. Last week they scored on about a 90 yard field goal block return. Then the other score came after a big punt return.

Somerset grinding out a win against hazard and like i said last week hazard was the better team even though the score board never showed it. I agree with the above post about Breathitt shutting them out. I never thought they would but congrads to the Breathitt defense. Should be a hell of a game next week in jackson when hazard comes to town.
Wow!!!:ChairHit:
Congrats to the Bobcats in a well played game and the win
Congrats Bobcats! Great game that was!!!
Just watched highlights on sports overtime, Defense strong and offense looking like bobcats of old. Could be on collision course with Belfry. What a great rivalry.
I'm really shocked that Somerset didn't score...
Congrats Bobcats!
Congrats Bobcats! Defense was phenomenal tonight! #56 Zach Gross is an absolute BEAST!

The Briar Jumpers horns went silent pretty much the whole 2nd half. Smile I'll give Somerset this, their fans must have some huge lungs!

Couldn't get much going with the running game in the first half, that changed the 2nd half though.
Jumpers got a wake up call tonight, hopefully one they needed. Breathitt was just better, plain and simple.
Congrats to the bobcats on a huge win. Do I think that Somerset is overrated? no they have played two excellent teams the past two weeks, and two good defense. The bobcats defense step up this week and finally gets that shut out. This defense kind of reminded me of the tough gritty defense of 96 because their very underated and they don't give up many points especially in the redzone,the people just talk about offense. I'm really excited about this team and especially about the defense,this is the best defense the bobcats have had since the mid 90's. They have the toughness up front on both side of the ball and they whip Somerset up front on both side of the ball.(where briarjumpers where suppose to have a big edge)It good to see Dustin Summner back after sitting out for three games from injury. He is a big piece of the puzzle for the bobcats and he looked good tonight. I can't wait to see the game next week against Hazard it should be a great one .
Will Thomas Collins is a beast. He didn't have the numbers he had the previous 4 games but he had a good game. This kid is just a punisher runner and he just gives defenders a rough way to go. If you tackle this kid you think about it next time. He may not be as good as Channing Fugate but he is not far behind.
Congrats Breathitt on a surprisingly convincing win.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bigblue#4 Wrote:Will Thomas Collins is a beast. He didn't have the numbers he had the previous 4 games but he had a good game. This kid is just a punisher runner and he just gives defenders a rough way to go. If you tackle this kid you think about it next time. He may not be as good as Channing Fugate but he is not far behind.

This kid is a really good player, but come on.
Very nice game by the Bobcats. They made a couple of big plays early through the air and their defense made them stand up. Somerset had a chance to make a game of it late in the 3rd quarter trailing 14-0 with the ball on the Bobcat 1 foot line but a mishandled snap on 4th and goal pretty much sealed the deal. That play and the fumble on the first play after the 2nd half kickoff really hurt Somerset tonight. Somerset's defense played pretty well itself after the 1st quick score for Breathitt but the offense never seemed to get untracked--especially the passing game. After the long pass on the 3rd play of the game the Jumpers allowed only one touchdown until late in the 4th quarter. Good luck to the Bobcats the rest of the way. Briar Jumpers get back to work, you have another tough team coming to the Briar Patch next week in Glasgow. Hopefully the return of Trey Slaughter will be a big spark.