Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2022/2023 16th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
After 3 years of Ashland being atop the region, things begin to open up.  Of course Ashland is still in the running but what other teams are in that top tier?  Who is just outside that tier?  Who has potential to surprise?  Who is just gonna stink?
Boyd County, Rowan County
From what I'm hearing, the Ashland program getting ready for some big drama. Got caught with their hand in the cookie jar.
What about Bath and Elliott?

I’m guessing the Ashland drama is all the things we already knew or had been told over the last year. It was only a matter of time as I’ve heard they were being more arrogant and blatant as time passed with their recruiting efforts.
1) Elliott
2) Ashland - ranking as of now but if rumors are true, they drop
3) Rowan
4) Boyd
5) Bath
6) Morgan
7) Fleming
(05-29-2022, 11:27 AM)SocratesKy Wrote: [ -> ]What about Bath and Elliott?

I’m guessing the Ashland drama is all the things we already knew or had been told over the last year.  It was only a matter of time as I’ve heard they were being more arrogant and blatant as time passed with their recruiting efforts.

Bath ruined their program by pushing Bart Williams out the door. Elliott has some nice players.
1) Elliott
2) Ashland - ranking as of now but if rumors are true, they drop
3) Rowan
4) Boyd
5) Bath
6) Morgan
7) Fleming
Heard Elliott County's Griffith brothers are transferring to Morgan Co, where their brother got hired at head coach
(05-29-2022, 10:35 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]Heard Elliott County's Griffith brothers are transferring to Morgan Co, where their brother got hired at head coach

In that case, Elliott will not contend.
jamesclay
(05-29-2022, 10:35 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]Heard Elliott County's Griffith brothers are transferring to Morgan Co, where their brother got hired at head coach

Dang is that confirmed?  Morgan only won a handful of games last year but will be a legitimate contender this year.  I had not heard that.
(05-29-2022, 11:14 AM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]Boyd County, Rowan County
Rowan was awful last year and Boyd lost Deboard to Ashland.  That being said as long as JMays is in Ashland Boyd is playing for 2nd.
(05-30-2022, 01:31 AM)Ky1976 Wrote: [ -> ]
Rowan was awful last year and Boyd lost Deboard to Ashland.  That being said as long as JMays is in Ashland Boyd is playing for 2nd.

Deboard is legit but can’t carry the team alone, Another player is a hype machine that appears to of had $ poured into being promoted but doesn’t measure up and wont be hugely impactful without others drawing defenders, Another player is a shooter that could have easily been the 5th starter last year but still not a game changer,  Another player is tall and athletic but his game ends there.  The remaining are comparable.

What the team lost last year is not replaced in any comparison with what is remaining or coming in.  All that being said, they do have enough to compete for the region, but there is a group teams that they are competing with and Mays has his work cut out for him.
(05-30-2022, 04:21 AM)SocratesKy Wrote: [ -> ]

Deboard is legit but can’t carry the team alone, Another player is a hype machine that appears to of had $ poured into being promoted but doesn’t measure up and wont be hugely impactful without others drawing defenders, Another player is a shooter that could have easily been the 5th starter last year but still not a game changer,  Another player is tall and athletic but his game ends there.  The remaining are comparable.

What the team lost last year is not replaced in any comparison with what is remaining or coming in.  All that being said, they do have enough to compete for the region, but there is a group teams that they are competing with and Mays has his work cut out for him.

Deboard is a player and will finally be in a system that wants him there.  Based off of the comments that parents made publicly after last season, the young man definitely needed to make the move he did.  I see a great year for him. 
The other "kid" that you refer to as a hype machine already has a college offer with more to come.  You can't buy your way into that.  That has 3 more years to stack them up.  This was an embarrassing statement about a kid that made you look Jealous.  
The "shooter" you speak of is the best shooter in the region.  Leave him open and see how much of a game changer that he can be.  lol
Those 3 players with several more on the roster.   This ghost account was started in May to cause trouble due to the recent situation at an involved school.  It should be removed. 

1. Ashland
2. Morgan (if the twins go there with their brother the coach could give the Tomcats some trouble)
3. Rowan or Boyd  (They lost their PG and will have to find a way with a big and only shooters left behind)
(05-30-2022, 12:19 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-30-2022, 04:21 AM)SocratesKy Wrote: [ -> ]

Deboard is a player and will finally be in a system that wants him there.  Based off of the comments that parents made publicly after last season, the young man definitely needed to make the move he did.  I see a great year for him. 
The other "kid" that you refer to as a hype machine already has a college offer with more to come.  You can't buy your way into that.  That has 3 more years to stack them up.  This was an embarrassing statement about a kid that made you look Jealous.  
The "shooter" you speak of is the best shooter in the region.  Leave him open and see how much of a game changer that he can be.  lol
Those 3 players with several more on the roster.   This ghost account was started in May to cause trouble due to the recent situation at an involved school.  It should be removed. 

1. Ashland
2. Morgan (if the twins go there with their brother the coach could give the Tomcats some trouble)
3. Rowan or Boyd  (They lost their PG and will have to find a way with a big and only shooters left behind)
I guess a better way to put it is I have seen a lot of hype and he is obviously talented the times I’ve seen him play.  He definitely has a basketball future in my opinion.  There seems to be a tremendous amount of generated hype around him. Im anxious to see him play without other talent around him.  Was trying to keep the post short and the point being I don’t think Ashland is close to the talent level they have had in the past.  That is not jealousy but that is the point I was attempting to make.  I wish him nothing but the best and hope he does great things.

I’ve seen them play a lot and were a lot of fun to watch last year. The post wasn’t to knock anybody but a comparison of then and now.
I think Boyd has better talent than Ashland the upcoming season, even with Deboard leaving. However Ashland is always better coached.
May not be the case for much longer though
(05-30-2022, 03:58 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]I think Boyd has better talent than Ashland the upcoming season, even with Deboard leaving. However Ashland is always better coached.

It may not be the case much longer?  Is Boyd’s coach leaving?
(05-30-2022, 05:02 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-30-2022, 03:58 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]I think Boyd has better talent than Ashland the upcoming season, even with Deboard leaving. However Ashland is always better coached.

Nope lol
(05-30-2022, 06:19 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-30-2022, 05:02 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote: [ -> ]

Nope lol
Heard he was having a nervous breakdown from parents at Boyd.
(05-29-2022, 11:47 PM)SocratesKy Wrote: [ -> ]jamesclay

Dang is that confirmed?  Morgan only won a handful of games last year but will be a legitimate contender this year.  I had not
heard that.

wouldn’t have mattered 
64th District
1. Ashland
2. Boyd
3. Fairview
4. Rose Hill

63rd District
1. Lewis
2. Russell
3. Greenup
4. Raceland

62nd District
1. Elliott * (Elliott and Morgan flip spots if the Griffith twins move to Morgan)
2. East Carter
3. West Carter
4. Morgan

61st District (most competitive district)
1. Rowan
2. Bath
3. Menifee
4. Fleming

Top 10
1. Ashland
2. Boyd
3. Rowan
4. Elliott
5. Fairview
6. Menifee
7. Bath
8. Fleming
9. Russell
10. East

Top 10 Players
1. Otis (Bath)
2. Deboard (Ashland)
3. Griffith (Elliott)
4. Carter (Ashland)
5. Johnson (Menifee)
6. Wilburn (Rowan)
7. Spurlock (Boyd)
8. Ingles (Rowan)
9. Patrick (Russell)
10. Day (Fairview)
(06-07-2022, 10:08 AM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]64th District
1. Ashland
2. Boyd
3. Fairview
4. Rose Hill

63rd District
1. Lewis
2. Russell
3. Greenup
4. Raceland

62nd District
1. Elliott * (Elliott and Morgan flip spots if the Griffith twins move to Morgan)
2. East Carter
3. West Carter
4. Morgan

61st District (most competitive district)
1. Rowan
2. Bath
3. Menifee
4. Fleming

Top 10
1. Ashland
2. Boyd
3. Rowan
4. Elliott
5. Fairview
6. Menifee
7. Bath
8. Fleming
9. Russell
10. East

Top 10 Players
1. Otis (Bath)
2. Deboard (Ashland)
3. Griffith (Elliott)
4. Carter (Ashland)
5. Johnson (Menifee)
6. Wilburn (Rowan)
7. Spurlock (Boyd)
8. Ingles (Rowan)
9. Patrick (Russell)
10. Day (Fairview)

My two cents:

I think your top 4 could go any direction with Rowan maybe even a step lower.  Johnson transferred to Pikeville, hard for me to see Spurlock as the 7th best player in the region, I've seen Rowan County several times and I don't see how the Ingles kid makes the list, Patrick from Russell and Day from Fairview???
I didn’t know Johnson left for Pikeville. You’re right about the bottom few on my list. Some could be replaced with some of Boyd or Ashland’s B players. The region seems really weak this year compared to the past few seasons.
It's crazy but I think the 16th region is as wide open as it has been in a long, long time. I can see a lot of teams playing for the regional championship in 2023. Parity at the top includes many teams.
I still think Ashland, if they still have a team, and Boyd will fight it out for the region title. Now that Morgan has landed Elliott’s entire team, though, look for them to be the sleeper that most in the region will likely pull for to knock off one of the controversial 16th region perennial contenders.
Who all followed their cosch to Morgan?
(06-24-2022, 12:38 AM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: [ -> ]Who all followed their cosch to Morgan?

I heard the brothers of the coach along with their next best player.
Does Morgan play Ashland or Boyd this year? Are they normally on each other’s schedule? Curious about Bath, Rowan, and Fleming as well, should they not be decent as well?
(06-26-2022, 04:58 PM)SocratesKy Wrote: [ -> ]Does Morgan play Ashland or Boyd this year?  Are they normally on each other’s schedule?  Curious about Bath, Rowan, and Fleming as well, should they not be decent as well?

I think most of them are not playing Ashland for the foreseeable future.
(06-26-2022, 11:43 PM)jamesclay Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-26-2022, 04:58 PM)SocratesKy Wrote: [ -> ]Does Morgan play Ashland or Boyd this year?  Are they normally on each other’s schedule?  Curious about Bath, Rowan, and Fleming as well, should they not be decent as well?

I think most of them are not playing Ashland for the foreseeable future.

Good point, I do hear that coaches may boycott Ashland on the schedule unless the "punishment fits the crime".
1. Ashland
2. Boyd county
3. Rowan county
4. Elliott county
5. Fleming county
6. Morgan county
7. Bath county
8. Rowan county
9. West Carter
10. Wolfe county

Powell county, Greenup county & ????
Pages: 1 2 3