Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2022/2023 16th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(11-14-2022, 04:50 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-11-2022, 10:48 AM)16thregionballer Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2022, 10:59 PM)TribeTime Wrote: [ -> ]Ashland or Bath?
Bath now has a 4 kid from out of state coming in since wrights hire! I’m sure they are legit. SMH. No place for guys like Mays or Wright in high school basketball.
Lol. Yeah. Mays is such a heavy recruiter. 4 transfers in his first 4 years of coaching. That’s really getting with it. Here’s the problem with you: You have a personal agenda against Mays, probably because you want him gone because his teams have won 4 straight regional banners. And the first banner was with zero transfers. An average of 1 transfer per year. I don’t know the statistics on it but I’d say that is about average for most teams in the state, girls and boys. Players are moving all over the regions throughout the state. 
You’ve lambasted Mays on here since you joined BGP in September. You didn’t like him before the phone call and you don’t like him afterwards. But that’s on you. If you are trying to say that he’s the only coach in the state that would have talked to the parent of an 8th grade player who called and was insinuating that he might transfer to their school you are badly mistaken. Something like 99% of all other coaches would have talked to that parent and answered his questions and told him about their school and program, and he was welcome at their school if that’s what he wanted. Do you honestly think the hundreds of kids transferring all around the state have not spoken with the coach or staff in advance of their transferring??? Mays made a mistake and he has apologized. He should have simply referred the dad to the principal and guidance office (which he did) and then said thanks for calling and goodbye. But he got drawn into a chitchat conversation of which he has apologized and I’m sure has learned from the episode. I think a probation period and acknowledgement that it will not happen again is sufficient. At most maybe a couple games suspension. But that’s not good enough for you. You want the max, completely suspended for the entire season or fired. Because it’s personal with you. Mays is in your way of watching someone else succeed and by grabs if he’s out of the way that’s no longer a problem. So you play the game of swallow a gnat and spit out a camel. You want this to be as big as Watergate and if it’s not you’re not going to be satisfied. 
Hopefully the KHSAA doesn’t react on personal dislikes and hatred. Hopefully they will use good judgement and handle it that way. Mays probably deserves some kind of sanction but nothing like what you would administer if you had the power. Thank goodness you don’t.
Last I heard you were done posting here because you knew nothing would happen?  Anyway I have heard for a couple of months that KHSAA continues to equate this to Rose Hill a few years back and now could be considered minimum acceptable.  I don’t know the details or enforcement outcome.  Maybe someone could enlighten me?
Sounds like the honeymoon is already over in Otown.

Fleming has called the KHSAA and the new troops are all but gone.

The 23 year old Canadian has gone back to free Healthcare and the kid from Texas isn't getting paid to be in a walking boot.

Look for old Stevie (not the stooperintendent) to medically find his way to retirement really soon.

You heard it here first!
(11-15-2022, 10:44 AM)OVille Baller Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like the honeymoon is already over in Otown.

The 23 year old Canadian has gone back to free Healthcare and the kid from Texas isn't getting paid to be in a walking boot.

Look for old Stevie (not the stooperintendent) to medically find his way to retirement really soon.

You heard it here first!
These coaches need to be banned. It’s freaking high school basketball. Lack of integrity on full display. Wright and Mays cut from the same cloth.
Assuming it’s a given that an Ashland post season ban is imminent or at least key players not being eligible. Where does this leave the 16th region?
(11-16-2022, 11:05 PM)SocratesKy Wrote: [ -> ]Assuming it’s a given that an Ashland post season ban is imminent or at least key players not being eligible.  Where does this leave the 16th region?

Hopefully the KHSAA renders this decision sooner rather than later so the Holy Family Fighting Irish can get their roster set.
(11-15-2022, 10:44 AM)OVille Baller Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like the honeymoon is already over in Otown.

You heard it here first!

So those transfers won't be playing this year?
Pages: 1 2 3