Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Allan Hatcher steps down from Perry Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I was told today that Allan Hatcher was no longer the coach at Perry,Cent. He was either forced to resign or took another job that what im hearing and I dont know if it is even true. They also told me the job would be posted soon has anyone else heard this? But after whats happen the last 2 out of 3 years I do know Hatcher and the Administation was not in good terms he had a lead and blowed it at Breathitt and the debackle at Leslie,Co last year.
^ Being hearing the same thing all day... I've heard it from 4 different people today and seen it on twitter.

glad someone else started the thread, I was waiting... I couldn't start it, people would say just a Hazard guy starting trouble.
No I heard from a very good source hes out who would be the new coach? The pweson that told me also said that they had talk to Hicks at Scott,Co this morning and it could be offered to Justice at knott, Fugate at Breathitt, or Noble at Buckhorn. My guess is Noble at Buckhorn. Just a guess.
I just heard from a inside guy at Perry.... He is gone.....
If this is true, who would be the front runners? Bentley? Fugate? J. Noble?
Let the circus begin......

Names u will hear:

Al Holland
Shannon Hoskins
John Noble
Denny Fugate
Billy Hicks
Raymond Justice
Now don't bust my balls on this but I have heard that Holland and the Perry County Central administration was back on good terms.
I dont care who they hire but after the past 3 years to me Hatcher had lost it . We can all say names but I try to find out soon who their after. Ive heard every name in the book. Its come back to haunt Perry getting rid of Holland.
If its true we see soon stikeout king but I dont think it will be offered to him first. My Guess.
ekff Wrote:Let the circus begin......

Names u will hear:

Al Holland
Shannon Hoskins
John Noble
Denny Fugate
Billy Hicks
Raymond Justice

All good names for the next coach at PCC.

-Hicks, most wins alll time at the state tournament who wouldn't want him as your coach.

-Justice, well you would get a package deal with him and his son so that would be an awesome hire.

-Noble, I would love to see Noble at PCC, players coach and if he can compete year in and out with the talent at Buckhorn, imagine what he could do with all the talent at PCC. Would he leave Buckhorn though?

-Hoskins, been at PCC a while now. I think someone said he didnt want to be a head coach unless it was at PCC so I'm sure his name will be considered for the job.

-Holland, with what he has this year at Hazard. I dont know if he could leave for PCC but $$$ talks.

Any chance will see Hoskins has the HC this season as interim coach just for this season and try to bring in a big name back at PCC next season (Holland or Hicks)
The 54th District lost a great coach today.

Too many names to count.

I'll just wait on it.
Would Hicks leave Scott County tho? We seen few years back he was on the verge of going to KCC, toured the facility's and all but at the last second he changed his mind and stayed at Scott County.
I agree Zaga.

I hate to see Hatcher leave Perry Co. I have always been a fan of his coaching.

Best of luck Coach Hatcher!
http://www.combsbrothersonkysports.com

It is official one of Kentucky's most veteran and successful high school basketball coaches , Allan Hatcher , has left Perry Co. Central and taken a coaching job in West Virginia . Hatcher had retired from his teaching duties at PCC earlier in the summer but still retained his coaching duties thru the summer off season period until earlier this week when he notified the PCC administration that he would be leaving the school and taking a similar position in West Virginia where he had extensive coaching experience from earlier in his career .

No word yet on who his replacement will be at PCC where school had resumed last week and has been in session for 1 1/2 weeks now .
Best of luck to Coach Hatcher. Let the insanity begin, the rumor mill is going to go into overdrive.
I don't know Hick's history or connections with the mountains, but why would he leave Scott Co. to go to PCC. That would be like going from PCC to Cordia. No offense.
John Paul Amos???????????????
Ike Cooter Wrote:I don't know Hick's history or connections with the mountains, but why would he leave Scott Co. to go to PCC. That would be like going from PCC to Cordia. No offense.

Hicks is a mountain boy through and through
I could see him wanting to retire in Eastern Ky
This will have to be a quick hire.
We've only got weeks until practice should start.

Here is zaga's 2 cents

Since school is in session - the chance of luring a head coach away is slim to none.
I would go ahead and take Big Al and Denny off the list.
I don't see Al returning and Denny is in too good of a spot to leave right before conditioning starts..

Your best shot is to hire from within, hire an assistant, or someone that is retired.
The BEST shot will be Justice.
He would have a head coaching spot, Braxton and Cam in the backcourt, and the transfer would be legit because his dad would have got a job and moved.
If that doesn't happen I would say Shannon gets it until the end of the year at least.
Head coaching experience, kids know him, and they could sticks with a similar system.

That is just me using my logic, though.
I've not talked to anyone that knows anything deeper.
John paul Amos
Talked with Braxtons family today. Hatcher is out and Braxton headed to Knott. Came down to Knott & Scott co but Heston taking Kevin Davis's job on bench. Can't wait for the season to start! Go Pats!!!
^

Wow, now if true that would be something. 14th region sounding like the NBA with all these moves.
^ My thoughts exactly
MVP2 Wrote:All good names for the next coach at PCC.

-Hicks, most wins alll time at the state tournament who wouldn't want him as your coach.

-Justice, well you would get a package deal with him and his son so that would be an awesome hire.

-Noble, I would love to see Noble at PCC, players coach and if he can compete year in and out with the talent at Buckhorn, imagine what he could do with all the talent at PCC. Would he leave Buckhorn though?

-Hoskins, been at PCC a while now. I think someone said he didnt want to be a head coach unless it was at PCC so I'm sure his name will be considered for the job.

-Holland, with what he has this year at Hazard. I dont know if he could leave for PCC but $$$ talks.

Any chance will see Hoskins has the HC this season as interim coach just for this season and try to bring in a big name back at PCC next season (Holland or Hicks)

I could be wrong in saying this but I do not think Noble would leave Buckhorn.
NewKCCfan Wrote:Talked with Braxtons family today. Hatcher is out and Braxton headed to Knott. Came down to Knott & Scott co but Heston taking Kevin Davis's job on bench. Can't wait for the season to start! Go Pats!!!

Heard the same thing. Justices' staying put in knott, while Braxton and Heston join.
sorrynorefunds Wrote:John paul Amos

I was told in the past next in line was Robert Paul Amos. Don't know if that was true or if that has changed now that he is coaching at Marshall.
lol, the 14th region gets beter every year.

like sand in the hourglass, these are the balls of our lives....
Heston already at car lot in Knott. But Brax dad is laid off right now but probably wont be much longer. Im sure he'll have a job in Knott soon. Thats not a for sure thing I got from talking with his family, just guessing.

Also since Brax just started 9th and not suited up for a varsity game yet, he can transfer without complication with a legit move, if me and the family are reading the rules correctly.
You people really like to dog Cordia. If you were from Cordia, would you take offense to that comment. Really....no ofense? wasted words!
I'm pretty sure the move would still be contested because school has already started.

Either way - if you move and your parents get a job: I don't see the KHSAA ruling against that.

Everyone just calm down and see what happens Wink
I seriously doubt anything is official yet in regards to Braxton.
Hatcher's official announcement is supposed to be tomorrow.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13